What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New SSD

Wolf

So tommorow I'm making a 2 hour journey to my nearest PC shop. I want to buy a SSD To put my OS and shit on but need some suggestions on which one to get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know your budget but i'd suggest a 250gb Samsung 850 evo for just the system and,,some shit".

If you want more you can go for 500 gb Samsung evo or 512 samsung PRO.

You can also go for kingston SSDs,they're very popular aswell.

(i don't know pricing in UK but the 850 evo is as you'd say best bang for your buck in Poland  ;>)

Samsung 850/840 is good for the money but so are the crucial SSD's ( I think I went for crucial)

Thanks guys ill checksamsung 850 evo :D. What do you also recommend to put on the SSD apart from the OS 

I'd stick with the 840 or 850 Samsung Evo series. For just gaming I don't recommend the Pro version as it's much more expensive and is meant for enterprise environments such as database servers or rendering workstations. I've had bad experiences with Crucial SSD's before in my servers, had 3 of them die out of 8 in the past year for reasons completely unbeknown to me. The manufacturer did replace them and I have a form of RAID setup for redundancy, but it's still the pain in the ass of reconstructing the RAID arrays and swapping hardware in a datacenter as I co-locate rather than simply rent.

Are you going to Jarir's or extra?
Went to khobar. :p

So I bought a HyperX Kingston Savage 240GB as they had no 850/840 Evos and this was the next option that I had till next 1/2 month, when I tried to install it, didn't come with a Sata cable </3

So I bought a HyperX Kingston Savage 240GB as they had no 850/840 Evos and this was the next option that I had till next 1/2 month, when I tried to install it, didn't come with a Sata cable </3
Haven't you got any free sata cables laying somewhere from your mobo?

(no idea have you got any,getting a sata 3 cable though shouldn't be hard right? ;>)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't you got any free sata cables laying somewhere from your mobo?

(no idea have you got any,getting a sata 3 cable though shouldn't be hard right? ;>)
No, I didn't build me pc and the guy that did must of took them, I live In a desert, its Saudi Arabia haha, nearest PC Shop 1:30 hr away

I'll hop onto my camel and arrive in 2/3 days depending on the weather

Don't forget you're probably going to need to buy windows again, especially if you have an OEM license.

Im visiting my local pc shop soon (yay for Scan being 10 minutes away) and i have a feeling i will becoming back with an almost empty bank account im going to steal everyone's advice and get me a samsung ssd

Hahaha, I feel your pain. I hate the computer shops here :/ So I built my PC in the US, and took with me on the plane :D

Back