What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Newbie with 1 or 2 stupid questions

CWrighty7

Hey all,

Probably stupid questions this,
iv been playing GTA on PS for however long its been out, just got a new pc so need to buy GTA, obvs my progress wont transfer cross platform, but is it still worth me buying it to play on here or am I going to be at a massive disadvantage starting over ?

Also, can I play on controller ? as going to take a while to learn keyboard and mouse so be good to be able to do both while learning.

No progress will be transferred from either Playstation or PC GTA. Joining this server will set you to square one and have to start fresh like everyone else here.

I would say its worth it yeah, had thousands of hours of entertainment so far. You CAN play with a controller but it will be very limited to what you can do considering there are a lot of keybinds which you need to play!

Yea rockstar let's you transfer your progress from the console to pc, not sure if they still do but you used to get bonus for it I think I got a armored sports car and a dodo from going PS3 > PS4 > PC but your main story progress don't just your online stuff

As for here, this is a custom server useing fiveM/cfx so servers like this aren't connected to rockstar so you don't bring anything from your GTA online to this place, so you start like the rest of us did, seeing as this is a roleplay server it's a different world entirely from just basic online, Id recomend watching a few YouTube vids to understand it completely or if you have ever seen anyone play on the big ones like nopixel 

As for controller, you'll want to use mouse and keyboard for any on foot activities as youll need to use the keybinds to interact with things and mostly your mouse + L Alt, but for driving I know many players who pickup the controller as they are climbing inside the car as it'll give you more precise control over the car

Hope this helps you out

Yea rockstar let's you transfer your progress from the console to pc, not sure if they still do but you used to get bonus for it I think I got a armored sports car and a dodo from going PS3 > PS4 > PC but your main story progress don't just your online stuff

As for here, this is a custom server useing fiveM/cfx so servers like this aren't connected to rockstar so you don't bring anything from your GTA online to this place, so you start like the rest of us did, seeing as this is a roleplay server it's a different world entirely from just basic online, Id recomend watching a few YouTube vids to understand it completely or if you have ever seen anyone play on the big ones like nopixel 

As for controller, you'll want to use mouse and keyboard for any on foot activities as youll need to use the keybinds to interact with things and mostly your mouse + L Alt, but for driving I know many players who pickup the controller as they are climbing inside the car as it'll give you more precise control over the car

Hope this helps you out
Not sure if you are aware but this community is for FiveM, not GTA. FiveM is a platform which is built on on top of GTA. In FiveM we have a very different environment. It's a map with more than 300 players, no flying bikes, with proximity based voice chat. Its all cops and robbers and all the roles inbetween here. FiveM is what GTA is supposed to be, enjoy. 

Download FiveM https://fivem.net/ and then search for Roleplay.co.uk once in the launcher. Enjoy

Moved to Q&As

Thanks all, looks like I'm going to have to learn K&M sooner then expected then to play here !

going to download FiveM now and see how it goes 🙂

any tips on how to get started ?

Have a look at the wiki on here.Then try asking in game but do it via voice, physically in character. 

The stock response is gonna be "find out in rp" which is not exactly welcoming if you try to type it, so you're best to try and find players who are already in the server and ask them.

Also hope they don't try to rob you 😬

Have a look at the wiki on here.Then try asking in game but do it via voice, physically in character. 

The stock response is gonna be "find out in rp" which is not exactly welcoming if you try to type it, so you're best to try and find players who are already in the server and ask them.

Also hope they don't try to rob you 😬
I won't have anything for them to Rob haha

all downloaded, going to have a go today - on controller as I'm still useless at WASD, Can I use controller and K&M together to use L ALT or if I'm using controller is everything just set to that ?

ill have a look around and see how it goes and ill def ask in game on voice 🙂

Back