What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KinkyLadddd

I suggest to the Staff and Dev team that you could possibly add a function to one of the 'F' Keys that allows players to track whether or not there is anybody in the NHS on the server at that one time, as Early Hours in the morning, when there isn't a large player count, It can be frustrating for players when they lose all of their valuables not knowing if there's any NHS on. 

This NHS count will not be allowed to be used within the Roleplay and will be a ban able offence to do so but gives the individual a sense of security knowing that somebody is coming after being killed by Locals, or indeed another player, or it may be down to themselves and recklessly driving.

I can understand why a Police Counter cannot be implemented as it is easy then for players to use that to their advantage and get away with certain things, so I can understand why a NHS counter may not be possible. 

However I thought I'd leave my suggestion down to the Staff and Dev team.

Have a good day

This suggestion revolves around a very bad understanding of the NHS some of the players in the server have. Whenever a person gets downed, it is an RP opportunity for the NHS personnel to carry out medic roleplay. Not everyone get downed the same way, each should have their own story on how they got injured, and the NHS will have to adapt and give medical care depending on the injury and situation. NHS is on the server to do medic Roleplay, have fun and enjoy themselves, as much as normal civs want to enjoy on the server. They are not there to make sure every single person on the server gets revived, make sure that people dont lose their stuff from bleeding out, make sure they dont forget what happened due to New Life Rule. No that is not what the NHS is for. Some people get downed by stupid reasons like locals shot at you or you accidentally blew up a gas tank. Well that is the story that happened and you have to accept the fact that NHS is not forced to save you from said situation. How ever petty the reason for your death is, you have to accept that it happened and move forward. If you think it was unfair and not intended to be like that, record and request for a compensation on the forums. If there are NHS on duty, they will get notified when you are downed and will try their best to get to you. If there are no NHS on duty, then unfortunately you'd have to hope that someone finds you where you get downed or you have to respawn. "I just want to know if NHS are on or not so I can decide if I should respawn". Doesn't that sound a bit "metagamey" kind of ? What if you knew NHS are on but you didnt get saved anyways ? Some people might get angry and say "Useless NHS blablabla". Even without the feature to know whether NHS are on, people are already complaining. NHS is a job to revive people yes, but the NHS personnel dont play medic to work, they play medic to have fun and roleplay. Roleplay meaning they will talk to their patient, figure out what happened, provide the necessary treatment and make the patient feel like they are being treated by a real life doctor. They are not robots that are programmed to revive downed players. You cannot say "But its your job to revive us". Its not a job, the priority isnt to make sure that everyone gets revived, the priority is to give high quality medical roleplay to every patient. 

If people are too lazy to read everything above, here is a conclusion:

NHS are on the server to roleplay- If you get downed and NHS are on, they will try their best to get to you and try to provide high quality medic roleplay. if you get downed and receive no help at all, it is your fault for getting downed in the first place and you have to accept the consequences. That is the story of what happened to you, that is the RP. Respawn, move on and continue to RP and have fun on RPUK 🙂

Sounds very metagamey, what happens if the medic arrives but your injuries are so great they couldn't save you? Like Ravenz said, if they were just there to revive people then why even have a NHS faction and not just use a revive script with a % chance of success.

All the ways you've listed to get injured are within roleplay and scenarios that can happen and can be avoided by being careful.

If it gives you a sense of security that somebody's gonna save you and your stuff while you do something that might get you injured and potentially die and lose everything, then where's the risk?

people need to value their lives and think "should I do this? I might die"

not "If I do this, will the nhs come or are they not here?"

The NHS checklist

• 90mph Ambulance
  • 29 sqm map
  • 5-6 NHS online on a good night
  • 229-230 other players on the map dying to stupid things.

Even if you knew how many NHS were on, there's no guarantee we'll be able to get to you.

This time last year you could see how many NHS were online. It was nice to have but at the same time, people would abuse it and just log off for a few hours and check back to see if any NHS were online. 

This NHS count will not be allowed to be used within the Roleplay and will be a ban able offence
what's the point in having it then? if you can't use it in RP it's useless anyway

(own opinion not staff team, etc.)

what's the point in having it then? if you can't use it in RP it's useless anyway

(own opinion not staff team, etc.)
I understand what you mean by not being able to use it in RP, but the worry of losing all of their things and not knowing if anybody is coming can force rule breaks such as combat logging to keep their items, I know this doesn't apply to most players however it does to some of the new players who don't really understand. Just knowing that someone is coming will prevent such rule breaks frequency by a lot.

Just knowing that someone is coming will prevent such rule breaks frequency by a lot
Here is where I have to correct you. Lets say the suggestion is implemented and you can see all the NHS that are on duty. You get downed, you see them online. Just because they are online, does not mean that they will come to you. So you will never know if someone is coming or not. Never. Its impossible. Knowing NHS is online doesnt mean they are coming. Also if they do come, they will come and roleplay, not to revive you. Let say the story you chose is "I've been shot in the head". Depending on the situation, NHS may be able to save you, or if not, they have to roleplay that they cant save you cause the injury is too severe and unfortunately have to let you die, and you lose your stuff anyways. NHS coming to you does not mean you get revived 100%. Again, like I said, NHS are there to roleplay. If the roleplay means you die, then you die. If the roleplay means you get saved, then lucky you. 

Being revived is a privelage, not a right. No reason for you to know this, even if you don't mean to, it would end up with subconcious metagaming, "Should I go rob that shop? No there's no NHS to revive me if I get shot".

Unfortunately this isn't a popular suggestion. As such this will be moved to rejected.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back