What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

No selling on bikes.

CodyLtd

Brief Summary: I think the ability to sell on a bike should be removed.

Detailed Suggestion: As a police officer, I think that the ability to sell on a bike absolutely ruins any possible RP. If someone is selling from on a bike, there is only 3 possible ways to end the scenario; 1 the criminal speeds off and leaves, 2 The cop instantly tazes the criminal the moment they try to move, 3 the cops have a bike unit or NPAS and can manage to follow the bike. I personally absolutely hate needing to insta taze people, it feels like shit RP and it doesn't feel fair for the criminal, however it is literally the only way I could possibly catch the criminal. The ability to sell on a bike doesn't even seem like a feature, it feels like a bug. There are only 2 positives to selling on a bike, the criminals are incredibly hard to catch, and they can sell faster. I think that if it gets changed and criminals instead get more money from it, it would help to keep the profits high, especially for an illegal activity, without ruining any chance of RP.

The Pros: More RP opportunities on the RP server, sell feeling like shit for insta tazing people.

The Cons: Dev time, would need rebalancing, crims might actually need to think of a plan. 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Yes, it would change the balance of how easy it is to sell and it would push it in the police's favour, and it would change the balance of illegal activities and legal ones.

For me personally am 50/50 on this suggestion as although i understand the nature of said suggestion and been in similar situations where everyone on bikes selling and you can't do anything [especially around marabunta turf where everyone does the jump] not to mention the fact nobody talks just sells then runs defeating the point of being on an RP server it is important to note that as police we have a lot more ability and assets such as house raids and because of this we may not get the person immediately but we can always go after em later meaning that although they are selling on a bike it can even out regarding server balance for both parties.

Not to mention put bluntly this suggestion will be denied as Police will upvote it whilst everyone else downvote it meaning there is literally no point all i would say is make drug dealing a lot more RP focus then just handing it to NPCs.

Yes there is a lack of RP as people just use it to make money and then GTFO to RP later with the assets bought from the cash. However when we catch them the RP is there so like Keiran I'm 50/50 on this

As a person that mainly plays their cop character, I very much agree that there is an issue with the lack of RP that comes with the drug dealing system that is currently used. However I don't think doing something like this would be the proper way to correct it, and people will just continue to cry that police are win-hungry. Personally, as Kieran said, I think the method of selling drugs should be changed to better suit RP entirely, how that would happen I have no clue.

Personally been selling on a Faggio to let police know that I'm not just there to evade (they see the scooter and think that it'd be an easy chase, which causes people to be a bit more talkative) and it's caused quite a bit of fun RP. Even if I can't talk my way out of trouble, there's a lot more RP happening before any chases and then when it does start it's often hilarious - think 40mph pursuits with some fun back and forth between vehicles.

As far as jumps go, there's already rules in place against fail driving. If people are doing crazy jumps that are totally unrealistic to survive, and then keep going - thats one thing, but a bike being able to squeeze through gaps cars can't and having some more mobility is just the nature of the beast.

I feel the current balance between police vehicles and the cost of those that can outpace them is fairly good, though I haven't been on a cop's side in a pursuit - saying this as I've successfully evaded about as much as I've been caught. Basically if you want to outpace (straight line) a cop car, you're looking £250k at least - which is a lot to risk getting scrapped. Alternatively, people use slower bikes and get creative, that asymmetry of police resource and crim quick thinking is a huge part of the fun for me.

All this to say, I do think dealing/drugs needs an overhaul to change some things, but I don't think that removing the ability to sell from bikes is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as jumps go, there's already rules in place against fail driving. If people are doing crazy jumps that are totally unrealistic to survive, and then keep going - thats one thing, but a bike being able to squeeze through gaps cars can't and having some more mobility is just the nature of the beast.
Am going to quess you are referring to my comment. Put simply if you know the marabunta jump that leads to the fire station then you can do another jump to get onto the highway. Reason i dont report it is because people have a habit of just stealing vehicles and most the time they are far away so you can get a session ID. 

I feel the current balance between police vehicles and the cost of those that can outpace them is fairly good, though I haven't been on a cop's side in a pursuit -
Some of our cars get outpaced by a bloody taxi so not really balance BUT i see the point you are making and TBH other then the speeds i can understand the balance their.

@Tigerforce I get what you're saying about the jump and it can seem unwinnable for a solo car to ever give chase in that scenario. That doesn't seem like a problem to me - if this jump is known by cops in character and people are still taking chases against those on bikes on mara turf I feel that its a failure on the cops part to not prepare for what they are aware is a likely escape route.

If you as a cop are aware of the routes, where they lead and how often they are used, some better tactical planning could mitigate any of these issues with people evading and being seemingly untouchable.

On the cars getting outpaced by a taxi, that's wild and something that should be mentioned to Police management to try and get some more investment in better squad cars, taxis barely crack 110mph at the best of times.

Already have been told to POLCOM

This is far away from the original suggestion so let stop. @Thud

If someone is selling from on a bike, there is only 3 possible ways to end the scenario; 1 the criminal speeds off and leaves, 2 The cop instantly tazes the criminal the moment they try to move, 3 the cops have a bike unit or NPAS and can manage to follow the bike.
Final comment on this - I totally disagree with the quote above and approaching situations with that mindset is part of the issue - the aim is for us all to be involved in a good story, that reductionist view towards "I have to either taze or chase this person" removes all opportunity for people to talk stuff out, which is where quality RP comes from.

i think without bikes police would catch every drug dealer as soon as they seen a hand shake, police can still take chase when they flee on bike

Bad idea in my opinion I sell drugs all the time. I have lost police on bikes and I have been caught many times on a bike it works both ways you either loose them or you get caught. 

If a rule comes in that you can't sell drugs on bikes no more I will not buy drugs or sell them no more. I think many people will do that.

This rule shouldn't come in as it's a 100% win for the police all the time if they see a hand shake where going to run get tasered in the back and put in cuffs 

As I have said I have been caught selling drugs on a bike and gone to prison 

And I have lost the police on a bike 

You cant sell on a bike, when you make a drug deal it takes you off the bike and makes you stand, then you need to get back onto the bike

You cant sell on a bike, when you make a drug deal it takes you off the bike and makes you stand, then you need to get back onto the bike
Valid point, but it doesn't take too long to get on a bike again, so i doubt the 5 or so seconds it takes after the handshake is gonna be enough time for police to do anything 🙂

Seems people are not understanding my suggestion, and I fully expect it. I didnt make this so that cops would win, or because I thought it was unfair, I made it so that we could actually RP together, rather than it either being to insta taze or they get away. I just find that it is just unfun RP when that is the only options. I also made this more to make myself feel better about doing it, cause it seems people have accepted that instantly tazing people is fine, yet im still here thinking about actually RPing, oh well, guess its time to go give people seizures 😛

Last edited by a moderator:
Final comment on this - I totally disagree with the quote above and approaching situations with that mindset is part of the issue - the aim is for us all to be involved in a good story, that reductionist view towards "I have to either taze or chase this person" removes all opportunity for people to talk stuff out, which is where quality RP comes from.
@CodyLtdPlease re-read this before thinking instant tazes are good RP thank you.

I made it so that we could actually RP together, rather than it either being to insta taze or they get away. I just find that it is just unfun RP when that is the only options.
@Thudhe did say that he doesn't see the fun RP in doing it

@Thud Brother the whole post was me complaining that I hate needing to insta taze as I think it is horrible RP, and thus I want it to change so that I can have actually fun RP rather than insta taze.

This has generally been my experience, there are 3 scenarios with this 1/ you insta taze 2/ you start a pursuit which 90% of the time will be a loss ( you need a police bike pursuing, a fast interceptor car and a SGT to authorise TC along with an opportunity to TC at low speeds) or 3/ you leave it and mark the vehicle to come back again later to repeat the same 2 options earlier. My personal choice would be to attempt pursuit, normally lose the bike and come back later and then go for the insta taze. I provide the opportunity for RP first but it still results in the same thing. Solutions for this could be: add a NPC to each drug area that requires you to "clock on" and if you get in a vehicle you get clocked off and then have to go back to the NPC and make it so you deal to locals on the pavement aswell as in vehicles. This will allow stealth for criminals to make it fair but also give the police a chance. Another option would be to integrate it with legal jobs. Examples of this would be a taxi driver that deals to their patrons or food delivery to addresses but dropping drugs off instead. Another idea would be to scrap drug dealing to locals and make it a player market, give drugs positive and negative effects that are very useful such as cocaine making you run slightly quicker or weed increasing health by a portion for a period of time, there could also be a black market thattrades drugs for exclusive items such as weapons, cars etc. Obviously production may need rebalancing in those cases.

Back