What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

No sound on HDMI - FIXED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khandamir

Currently residing in Los Santos
So, i updated my GPU driver when being prompted to  (ATI Radeon HD6900) and now I got no bloody sound on my HDMI port. I use a DVI port for my main screen, but since i Cant Be Arsed to keep switching plugs when switching from headset to speakers, I always used my second screen (which is a big tv) when I wanted the sound on speakers.

Now I can't anymore and it annoys me. I work in a callcentre, 8 hours a day with a headset on really makes you appreciate watching some series or listening some kick ass music on loud speakers. Last time this happened, about 2 months ago, I just rolled back drivers and voila, all fixed. Ofcourse that did not work this time, since the windows overview of hardware will only let you ''roll back to last version'' and not pick one yourself from a list, and I am now on the last version of driver that did not work.. So

I need help! I will sacrifice a hobo to Asmin to bring eternal glory and good fortunes on who ever helps me out. You and your family will be good for life, under His blessing!

(joking tho, eternal gratitude and karma is all you can gain here by helping:D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried turn it off and on again sir?

EDIT: Kidding, have you looked in here for your HDMI device? If it's found there, set it as the default speaker.

http://i.imgur.com/N6iVU5S.jpg

Some googling found the problem to your issue, since I got the same problem with my R9 290 apparently.

I currently have the very same issue and same errors. No sound from IE, WMP, Kodi, WMC. Attempting to force it to test for sound brings me the same message "Being used by another application". This happen shortly after updating but I did not noticed it immediately because I was busy on another job. I have AMD 6450, and using HDMI connection only. You can roll back the audio driver alone without rolling back the rest of AMD software drivers. Which is what vengse suggested, it worked for me. If you need help rolling back your audio driver let us know.

I reinstalled the latest driver multiple times and the issue is always replicated. If you lose audio through your HDMI connection, when you download the latest driver do a custom install and uncheck HDMI AUDIO Driver and AMD Gaming evolved app. If you have already installed the latest driver you can uninstall the entire suite through add and remove option in control panel or you can go to Device Manager and roll back the AMD High Definition Audio Device under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back