What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

No Time Out on Sessionheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantly asking for People PayPal pr train ticket is tedious. There should be no Timeout on using sessionheads so anyone can find out anothers ID at ANY time. So transactions can be seamless, as if your actually passing an item to them.  

I dont understand the benefit to having a timeout. It only hinders rp. Also if you've already used it, and someone rdms you, you cant do nothing. 

A little notification maybe of the ID of the person who injured/ killed you in the chat would reduce the need for constant sessionheads. 

This would not effect the servers balance. 

The issue with not having a cooldown is that sessionheads can be used to see where people are throught walls etc which ofcource is not particularly good. That would have a big impact on the server.

Another option could be to possibly reduce the cooldown or change the range of how far it shows would be better.

The issue with not having a cooldown is that sessionheads can be used to see where people are throught walls etc which ofcource is not particularly good. That would have a big impact on the server.

Another option could be to possibly reduce the cooldown or change the range of how far it shows would be better.
This then causes problems with people getting session IDs for RDM, RVDM and such, rule breakers that aren’t close to you if you change the range on it. Would agree with reducing the cool down though, that would be nice. 

clearly timed for a reason, so its not abused. Not very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Constantly asking for People PayPal pr train ticket is tedious. There should be no Timeout on using sessionheads so anyone can find out anothers ID at ANY time. So transactions can be seamless, as if your actually passing an item to them.  
So youre essentially saying you would rather abuse the feature that was only added so people could report, not to find out ID's to transfer money, it was never intended to be used for that at all. All just to be able to transfer them money without interacting with them all, because you are lazy? It's a roleplay server, if youre not here to do little things which you refer to as "tedious" then why are you here.

I dont understand the benefit to having a timeout. It only hinders rp. Also if you've already used it, and someone rdms you, you cant do nothing. 
As Mystix has mentioned timeout is there for a reason, people use numbers to metagame it still happends but harder to do due to the timeout. The example you put is frustrating but considering you can see the numbers through walls and etc. it definetly should stay on a cooldown.

A little notification maybe of the ID of the person who injured/ killed you in the chat would reduce the need for constant sessionheads. 
Metagame galore, I kill a gang member and then his gang will magically know it because they seen it in chat and they act on it a few hours or days later (its hard to prove that has happened too in most cases), fuck that. We had that on Arma and it was horrible.

This would not effect the servers balance. 
Considering it would allow people to spam this to get ESP during fights and enable a lot of metagame,  I am very much thinking it does affect the balance quite a bit.

or keep logs on when its used somehow.
Impossible to know still in what context someone has used it no matter how much data you store, its good enough as it is now, perhaps could be better but reducing the cooldown on it is definetly not a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Personal opinion and not that of staff

Last edited by a moderator:
With the current implementation this is not feasible, even with logging, reduced range, the exploit possibility is still quite high. Unless a different system is made (Maybe locked to your interior ID or the person you are looking at) this would just give you constant X-Ray Vision

xray-vision.gif

Keep it how it is. Too much room for exploit. I remember how it was on Arma, let's not go back to that.

Maybe instead of removing the cooldown make a feature to look at someone with the Archie Eye and give them money. So that way you don't need to ask "What is your train ticket".  But reducing the cooldown is a bad idea, I know that session heads is also used by people to find out who to give items to or other things. But as Nuclear said, that was not the intended purpose. So instead of making something exploitable maybe think about a new feature that would solve your problem to find out the session id in order to give the items/cash.

Maybe instead of removing the cooldown make a feature to look at someone with the Archie Eye and give them money. So that way you don't need to ask "What is your train ticket".  But reducing the cooldown is a bad idea, I know that session heads is also used by people to find out who to give items to or other things. But as Nuclear said, that was not the intended purpose. So instead of making something exploitable maybe think about a new feature that would solve your problem to find out the session id in order to give the items/cash.
i agree with nuclear in terms of the transferring money bit. but physically passing items was my main concern as you dont need an account number to do that irl. maybe archie eye giving items to someone would reduce to need to ask for their train ticket all the time. 

i don't know if it would be possible but maybe being able to keep them how they are but using the ALT eye on a player will show the id also? or even a hotkey to show your id? 

Constant session heads is not the way forward to combat the issue that you have stated, it would in fact cause more issues with exploiting. We are always looking at ways we can improve so we don't all have to buying train tickets every 20 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back