What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

No two-handed/heavy melee weapons without a bag.

380bhp

Brief Summary: Remove the ability to pull a two-handed melee weapon from your pocket. 

Detailed Suggestion: Remove the ability to pull out a two-handed melee weapon such as: Sledgehammer, Fire Axe, Shovel, Golf Club unless the player is wearing a bag. I've had many experiences where you start a fist fight with someone and out comes the sledgehammer from their trouser pocket and they land one swing to your head and your characters got half his skull on the pavement. I think this would increase realism and give people something to look out for before they pick a fight, maybe they've got something concealed in their bag. 

The Pros: Realistic fights, No more 3ft pockets.

The Cons: None

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Prehaps.

+1 I like the idea. It's not very realistic for someone to pull out a massive sledgehammer from nowhere like a Bugs Bunny cartoon, but I have a few questions

- does it mean you wouldn't be able to carry a two-handed mele weapon without a bag?

- Would it be visible (across your back for example) without a bag equipped? 

- Would larger weapons such as hunting rifles need to be considered or just mele?

Would it be visible (across your back for example) without a bag equipped? 
Think it would be nice with them being concealed when in a bag and then visible while on your back if you do not have a bag. Tbf, same with SMG's AR's & Shotguns etc.

but then your gonna have everyone running about with bags unless you made the bags like ones on arma then would work
But to add to realism it be cool 

Surely you would need to make it so anything larger than a pistol would also need a bag to run around with? Like can't carry a sledgehammer but sure you can carry an assault rifle in your back pocket

To make it balanced you probably would need to do something like have it affect large guns also, then that has the opposite effect where pretty much anyone with a bag on will be targeted for the fact they may have something worth it on them and aren't just wearing it for aesthetics

+1 agree with this but should be extended to two handed firearms, without bags the weapon should be carried openly on the back or chest sling.

Didn't realise you could even get an AR, in which case yes. 

To answer a few questions: 

Yes, should still be visible on your scroll wheel but just wont allow you to pull it out unless you're wearing a bag. 

If everyone wears a bag that's on them to wear, maybe the bag affects your stamina so not everyone is carrying one and if you're carrying one, you've got a reason to.

+1 adds to realism and just makes sense will also help Prevent the need to win attitude as I imagine people won’t Carry all the time 

Back