What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Not allowed to RP the Bank?

Bob Barowski

Advertising
So basically we in PLF always try to find new way to rp situations, atleast I am and I know alof of PLF are like me when it comes to rp. Always want to find new ways to rp and its not always about "winning" the rp scenario its more about creating a good rp scenario

Some time ago me and some ppl from plf tried to rp the bank, it was a really well made rp scenario. We been thinking about it for a while, and everything was perfect. We did start it, and the cops online where actually gonna open the doors for us and guard us while moving the gold from there. Cba to really explain the entire scenario we tried to create but it worked, the only thing was that the bank house was bugged and was gone, and the vault on the second floor. So we coudnt do it then.

Today I suggested that we maybe should try do the same rp scenario and try rp the bank instead of just bring 8-10ppl and gun down all officers we see. I got told that some of the officers and some really high ranking ones basically said "dont try rp the bank" that its not allowed to rp the bank, no way to rp the bank and it needs to stop now. Thats basically what we got told. Basically u cant create a way to get away with it in a rp scenario.

What I know those cops that was with us really enjoyed the rp. And the only reason we didnt get it was because the bank house was bugged. Any situation on this server, any oppurtunity or whatever u do u are basically told that try rp it as far as u can, good roleplay will reward u and everybody will have more fun. 

That we rebels, the civs, the medics,taxi and the cops are supposed to ro as much as possible and try to create fun rp moments, and try not use the gun when u dont have to. 

Cops have been saying they dont like everytime they face rebels having big firefights, and less rp and they sometimes gets sick of everytime they see a rebel its a gunfight within 5min. I know that some ppl in PLF got this treatment. That we get told to rp more. And that is what plf trying to do all the time. 

You can see our members fuck around with hobos having fun at kavala square, have great rp with the cops at their hq etc etc. 

When its told that its basically not allowed or no way u can get away with the bank with a rp scenario then there is not other way then go in hot with 10 guys and heavy guns and gun down the cops. We have no other choice than doing it this way... And now im talking about everyone that does the bank and dont always want to just have shootouts at the bank.

On a serious roleplay server where u get told everywhere that rp rewards u and try rp everytime, why is bank not part of that? If someone takes alot of time, really focusing on created an awesome rp scenario for the bank and pulls it off in an amazing way shouldnt those guys or that guy get rewarded with some cash and gold in their pocket?

Dont you want to see they make their money in a way that they rp, the get the cop to rp and do new things, and they inspire other ppl aswell. When ppl are doing drug runs on dirt roads and trying to avoid the cops there is no rp, just pure moneymaking. I thought the cops wanted to join us in rp while we civs and rebels can make money with rp and the cops can do what they joined the force for.

ROLEPLAY?

Of course we want to RP the bank, there's no policy that the bank shouldn't ge RP'd.

There are gangs on here that I've rp'd with at the bank multiple times...they don't always win (Bank RP doesn't necesarily mean winning) sometimes they win, sometimes we win...I see the bank jobs as a who RP's best wins scenario. If you want to walk out with the cash then you need to make it clear that that's the only option for the cops to let you.

on the other hand, sometimes the bank gets robbed 5 or 6 times a night, 90% of the time it's have a go bank robbers that want a gun fight, at that point I have to admit, it makes me hate them.

happened to us today aswell even tho we had multiple hostages and typed to them that we do not want a gunfight.
so they sacrificed the hostages and everyone who responded to the bank. Was a booring wasteland easy five mill.

I'll bite.

I saw on video when some UNMC tried RPing unarmed bank employees that failed. Initially I was understandably not happy and asked for someone else's opinion and so I spoke to Vladic for an outside look. Maratek and Wilco were present,but unavailable on TS.

The initial contact with Officer Giole failed as the server kept stuttering both players speech and hearing. In the background I saw police running down the hill toward the bank and without the initial information coming across on comms it wasn't hard to tell it's already going to go bad. This is critical as it set up everything to go very wrong.

The unarmed pink suited UNMC are lined up against a container and everyone is talking over each other. Voltz tells them to shut up which is appropriate. The following conversation that lasted several minutes between only two people ended in both sides power gaming. As the UNMC members are not actual bank employees which the police would interact with and remember often they held that as their point in the arguement. UNMC members wee unhappy at this prospect and tried forcibly arguing they are the employees when they are not and it degraded into someone claiming police brutality and ignorance hoping the UNMC do take over the island. Note there was no slip up about them being UNMC,just the mention of the group.

This is where I'm particularly unhappy as when the UNMC member who was handling the primary discussion from before tried to recover it from what the other UNMC member said he was told to "Shhhhhhhhhhhh." by Voltz who then proceeded to walk over to the port-o-potty and take a shit in front of everyone then sat quietly next to it and waited for a prison bus to arrive. I found that act completely unnecessary and rude as he literally took a shit on an RP attempt. The other police did fine aside from that. ( @ I am disappointed in you as you have your good moments and this was definitely not one of them.)

I then show Vladic a processing video courtesy of Kris who was watching in at some point. In the processing it was an unspeakable mess on both sides that I will not mention. 

It was then dropped like the sack of shit that it was. It then became apparent that there are many flaws in peaceful bank RP. Negotiation and hostage RP is still possible and reasonable at the bank,but peaceful has many problems and flaws associated to it and I no longer advise it after the videos and discussions I've seen as well as the anger it caused. It's simply not worth this huge of a hassle out of game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened to us last night. We had taken 3 hostages and texted the police saying something along the lines of "We have 3 hostages, no civilians or officers have been harmed, lets keep it that way." We are then 1 minute away from blowing up the charge when we hear shots at the bank. We assume it to be nothing and do not take the shots that we have on the cops. More shots were fired at those of us that were at the bank with the HOSTAGES. After 5 rounds of shots were fired with 0 attempt to RP it left us no choice but to fight back. We didn't want a firefight and were looking forward to the RP negotiations that we expected to happen. Cops need to realize that most gangs will not shoot on sight at the HM treasury whilst robbing and want a good RP experience, if negotiations fail and a fight breaks out. At least there has been some role-play to show for it...    

When I was still in popo, it was something like:"If charges have been placed, negotiations are of"

So they are happy for us to kill the hostages? Fantastic role-play.

Palmoz, at no stage did I say it wasn't allowed to RP the bank, but after a discussion between myself and Maratek with a few others on the admin team present, the idea of actually RPing the bank without having to fire a shot or use weapons was very swiftly shut down, to which I said to PLF, if you want to get money from the bank, in Marateks own words, expect a shoot out.

Why do the police not value hostages lives "once the charge is planted"?

Yeah my bad, I edited once I realized what you would say haha :)

Why do the police not value hostages lives "once the charge is planted"?
I think the best way to answer this is to say.....
It depends on the cops, i'd be confident to list a number of cops that would value their lives and RP the shit out of it even if it means they'd "lose". On the other hand, I'm aware that, just like some rebel groups, some cops see it as a shoot out opportunity.

The banks a tough one, I wish I had an answer that could make everyone happy. *sigh*

If you want some RP scenarios,do the bank and be creative. If you want gold,just go in guns blazing,there is no other way.

I came up with a plan once and 5 TI members RPd a bank job. 

mQ3Zzwm.jpg

NskKPTw.jpg

0w8Prb1.jpg

Guess with how much gold we got away? 20. 5 people with 20 gold for over 2 hours.

Palmoz, at no stage did I say it wasn't allowed to RP the bank, but after a discussion between myself and Maratek with a few others on the admin team present, the idea of actually RPing the bank without having to fire a shot or use weapons was very swiftly shut down, to which I said to PLF, if you want to get money from the bank, in Marateks own words, expect a shoot out.
Kris i didnt hear it from u and was unaware u have told us that, so im not trashing you here ;) or any other admin/officer ofc. 

My goal with this, that first i think hostages itself are not even fun anymore, even when some here in plf, myself and other ppl been just asking for like "1 hat each" or something basic, even then the cops rather set up a assault team in 1h and then attack instead of having some fun talks, rp it and be done in 30min or something and no one dies. 

And same goes for bank. I just think there are some, not many but SOME rp scenarios that can be made in such a good way not even a single shot will be fired. Like the one me, jamie and one or two more members had, everything in that rp scenario was so good that the officers themself thought it was awesome rp and was even willing to open the doors for us, watch the vault blow up and protect us while we were "protecting" the gold. 

I just think in general, at the situations when the rebels, civs and even the uncm really tries to rp, many of the times (not everytime) the cops dont even trying to find out whats happening. and failing rp early, even in situations when we had a unarmed guy waiting ti meet up the cops outside the bank, he basically gets insta restrained and then the rp is lost. We see it as attempt to rp. They see it as on less shooter to take care of. 

Lately now, ive been meeting alot of cops where the goal is to take me down at any cost, even when there are 5-8 ppl to back me up and the cops can see this, they getting shot at and crash 2-3 times on their way to the station and clearly will die if they keep on going and still does it. The last two bankjobs what happend basically is we are waiting for cops and then suddenly one of us drops dead, gets shot at or somethign like that. And its basically rdm straight up. And evertime nothing happends because "he got orders from a higher ranking". That would be the same if plf had ranks, that i shoot a guy in the back rdm and gets away with is because someone told me to. 

The bank should be no different. Even the times they know hostages are there etc etc. they prefer to take one easy kill on a not so well hidden shooter, and then die by the rest of the 10 ppl there. Than even trying to rp

I just want some more attempts by the cops, maybe even the rebels and civs. But more rp to the bank is needed. I just know that alot of the members in plf including myself not doing the bank anymore basically and this is becasuse its not as fun anymore, and u dont have that rp feeling like the first time u did the banks " im robbing a bank" Now its like " i will have a big firefight with the cops and if i win i get some gold with me" 

I just think its a shame..

I havnt done banks recently and I know there wrre some talks regarding the bank and police so I dont want to say much about the bank itself but I can say that RP is difficult at the moment. I feel as though the cops either; are fed up with crappy rp or are just power rp ing - denying any rp through rp. Like for ex, I get stopped and asked my name, I give fake name, respond with no name of that in altis, thats because im new, response is no one with that name at customs. Its bad example but feels like every rp gets shot down without seeing where it goes. And this isnt new cops ;) . Its hard to enjoy rp when its not yours and never will be :p .

I can understand though there are a lot of new cops and a lot of the perma cops are fed up with rdm and vdm and bad rp but I would like it if the rp was more respected per say.

I have noticed police seem to be more gun ho at the moment, I think there are assumptions or stereotypical views of certain groups through affiliation. This is completely understandable if you see the same group shooting rather than rping it out time and time again but this begs the question, why isnt something being said to group leaders.

I heard in the rebel meeting that we should go a easy on the police atm while they get their footing back with new recruits. I agree if the cops feel like everyone is just out to rob them and kill them. But I feel it was mentioned specifically to groups, as such I think it would be prominent if an admin or senior police officer could keep in contact with group leaders outside the game so if there is an issue with a group killing everyday it can be rezolved very quickly with no 20 page discussion on how gangs rule the server. I think it would help to just talk and explain to the leaders why their groups actions are having an adverse affect on the game.

Lol phone on bus = lifetime dissertation lol.

Back