What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Nvidia Budget Cards

Thesoldier

Banned
Looking to upgrade the GPU since my PC is about 3+ years old and is still using the 600 series nvidia cards.

Any recommendations for a card that is under $200 USD?

I agree with @Samatlewiss , i have a 970 and it is a tank , might as well future proof your self a bit more than buy a shit card and have to upgrade again soon :)

I heard Titan X's are a good budget card..

But seriously a 970 is good enough for pretty much everything

I have a 970 and I can run any game pretty with on Ultra. I have no issues with it. 

Official Response: 970 is very good. If you're super tight for cash, a 960 can be used at a push but i wouldnt go lower. Supports some new technologies that the 970,980 and 980ti do not because it was released after them. However the 970 is the one to go for.

Official Response: 970 is very good. If you're super tight for cash, a 960 can be used at a push but i wouldnt go lower. Supports some new technologies that the 970,980 and 980ti do not because it was released after them. However the 970 is the one to go for.
ZEITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any chance you can come on TS soon , I heard your a Tech god and I need help :)

ZEITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any chance you can come on TS soon , I heard your a Tech god and I need help :)
I'm at work most of the day, feel ffree to fire me a PM and i'll help as much as i can

Looking to upgrade the GPU since my PC is about 3+ years old and is still using the 600 series nvidia cards.

Any recommendations for a card that is under $200 USD?
personally i'd recommend waiting until the Pascal reveal at computex next month before purchasing, with that the retail price of the 970 will fall and the second hand market would be full of cards...

Might be a bit late but I picked up a 960 and love it.

Wait for the Pascal chips. Will be announced in May. Perhaps you can find yourself some good deals. The current generation chip is already out of production. Consider saving for a 9 or 10 series Nvidia then. Especially because of more and more games are going to be made on DirectX 12. The 7 series from Nvidia performs quite poor in comparison to AMD GPU's with DirectX 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I use, a very good 970 indeed.

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX970DC2OC4GD5/

6789_03_asus_geforce_gtx_970_4gb_strix_oc_video_card_review.jpg

Back