What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

OffShore Activities - Increase RP options.

__RJ__

With the coastline and ocean being such a big part of the map it would be good to take advantage of it and also increase RP opportunities out there.  Currently we are restricted to fishing (which gets rather boring after a while) and going to the island for bananas and drugs.

To increase interest we could have sunken wrecks of ships and aircraft which spawn in on each server restart around the island - these could either be announced/shown on the map or hidden, depending on what potentially could be found.  If you wanted to have it undisclosed you could have an Emergency Buoy flashing on the surface or some kind of signal which you could home in on with a receiver. 

You would need the right equipment to go wreck diving - scuba tanks, masks, wetsuit etc. This could be part of an existing business inventory or you could create a ‘dive shop’ business for the city.  Diving could also become a skill so you build up your diving skills the more you get out there with tanks on.

Items to be found:

Common Cargo Items

Food/drinks/boxes of fruit

Electronic devices

Medical Equipment

Les Common

Ore Bars

Electronic devices

Medical Equipment

Rare Items

Drugs

Weapons

Ammo

Cash

The list is not exhaustive, just an indication of tiers from whatever the crash site could reveal.

Mod with crash sites already done:  https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/diving-locations

Pros: Utilising a huge area of the map which is really not taken advantage of, it also gives players new POI’s and introduces ‘treasure’ hunting jobs.  I would anticipate mortality rates to be quite high as people dive and run out of air, which again adds to RP/rescue.  There have been people wanting to create RNLI or Coastguard type jobs and this could justify having that in the city.

Cons:  As always, the con is dev work - it will take some effort to get this right and thats what ultimately will make or break the idea. (or if it gets downvoted as garbage…..).

+1 - MPO could be utilised more often to cater for offshore crime/mishaps, creates RP and gives players more to do 

+1 Heavily, I keep saying I wish there was more water stuff for civilians because MPO for police is lacking because there's not really a reason to be on the water for most people. I think in general this would just be a major win for everyone. 

Back