What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

OpenVPN over SSL-Tunnel - Help Me

puppy1004

Richest Kavala Hobo
Hello,

Goal: Make an OpenVPN connection over an SSL-Tunnel on an android device that bypasses DPI, but OpenVPN must also be able to be used without the use of an SSL-Tunnel.

Problem: Can not acces many websites/apps on school network because of their firewall. OpenVPN doesn't connect on my school's network because of DPI.

I was wondering if any of you could possible help me setup an OpenVPN server that can bypass DPI(Deep Packet Inspection).

I have tried to use TCP/443 when configuring the server and the client. On my home network, the connection runs smoothly but, when I get to my school it will not connect because my school uses DPI to prevent an OpenVPN connection to be made within their network.

This is very annoying because now I can not: acces Altislife.co.uk, play Clash of Clans etc. on my school Wi-Fi network. Can anybody help me setup stunnel(or any other program that does the same).

I have a server that is ready to be used, I will give you the login credentials if it makes it easier for you to set it up(instead of talking stupid me through it)

Note: It must be used on an android device, so please no RDP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Puppy1004

Last edited by a moderator:
And what router are you using? (At home) 

on top of that why have your school got a dpi firewall setup...

And what router are you using? (At home) 

on top of that why have your school got a dpi firewall setup...
1. Just the one that came with my ISP

2. I have no clue... Guess they like it :(

At school I get:
TLS-Hanshake failed, this is them blocking the TLS protocol? I could have mistaken that for DPI. But anyway, in order to bypass the TLS block on the firewall, I also need to setup OpenVPN over SSL-Tunnel :p

just to make you aware, we are getting people on VPN's saying they're banned on TS.... it's a risk you'll be taking.

just to make you aware, we are getting people on VPN's saying they're banned on TS.... it's a risk you'll be taking.
Ill only be using the VPN on mah phone <3 I'll take the risk :p

Can't help on the individual issue,
May even be worth checking out Teamviewer VPN as it is encrypted and runs over port 80 which is pretty open :) not sure if you can run it on android, but you may even find that getting a pi and running it off batteries as a WAP would not be the worst idea, plus you can charge your mates for access :p

Would you mind dumping your client.ovpn in the chat and also the server.ovpn?

I am wondering if you're using UDP and not TCP. It might be better to use RPC-over-HTTPS which can be done with an SSTP connection.

DPI is a pain to get around, but it is possible. But lets get any simple things looked at first  :p
I am using TCP(because SSL uses TCP protocol, as fo many web traffic)

If you can help me setup something that gets me around DPI then that would be greatly appreciated :p

I have uninstalled openVPN on my server tho, I rage quit it :p

I can send you the login credentials for the server if you want to? Or we could discuss this over Teamspeak(ill be on at around 21:30)  ;)

Back