What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Opinions on the NHS as a faction?

Bonzi

Staff Team
Staff Team
Hello RPUK folk,

I'm curious as to what everyone's opinion is on the NHS from an outside perspective?

• What do you think of the faction as a whole?
  • What do you think the NHS does well?
  • What could the NHS improve upon?
  • What would you like to see the NHS doing more/less of 
  • etc. etc.

I'm wanting to gauge peoples opinions because I've been seeing/experiencing a lot of negativity towards the NHS - mainly comments along the line of people getting upset that the NHS aren't there to simply revive them or that they're taking too long to revive people. Which is a shame because the roleplay potential with the NHS is great in my opinion (not biased I swear). Lmk 🙂

can't wait for the "get more people" one.

don't think there's much to improve tbf, the low amount of people within the NHS are great RPers, just a shame it's not the faction that peaks the most interest atm(may change with firefighters, you never know), the RP is great, i enjoy it, and would rather lay for 20 minutes going through 10 different procedures to get me up after grazing my knee across the pavement than laying in Pillbox for 20 minutes.

maybe do more "NHS opens" so to speak(i think?) pull out some equipment, show it off, do a few fun games, all that stuff, may peak peoples interest more if they see that NHS is not just a script of "i just slipped i'm fine" after being shot 20 times and medics having to use that for something.

NHS deserve alot of respect for what they do, it's not the most interesting job, but it can be the most RP intensive.

(now, on to charm my way to a promo)

Give them higher pay checks and revive bonus! Seriously, the benefit they get out of it outside of the roleplay , is poor, especially considering the abuse they get. They should be paid more that the Police and there needs to be as much incentive to get more medics on duty as possible. Having the fire service has helped with this though! 

I really like the NHS never really had poor treatment. Would prefer a bit more surgery type scenarios and also wish they had more visual props/animations to back up their great RP.

I can't complain about NHS members, their RP is always brilliant instead I'm going to do what Nikolai said he couldn't wait to see.

'I wish there was more NHS'

I really enjoy RPing with the NHS and particularly as police being able to coordinate between emergency services is really fun but often it can be difficult as you may only have 1 or 2 members trying to cover the whole city, this of course makes it really difficult to be able to have them present at a scene for an extended period of time. It's a shame that the NHS get treated the way they do often receiving pretty crap RP back from some players and I completely understand why there is often so few of them online at times. 

There really needs to be more incentive for people to play as NHS and encourage them to continue doing it despite the bad RP that they will sometimes receive from players.

From my personal experiences of being in the NHS vs the Police I preferred the police joining process.

Joining as an ECA same as being a PPC you're limited it what you can do and can't join specific units or do unique training until you get past that level, I personally think the police system is much more transparent in regards to rank progression. There is a very clear and marked out process of you do x number of things witnessed by people or you provide evidence and then you progress to the next rank. I think the NHS would benefit from a system like this as it would encourage ECAs to do these things so that they can progress rather then it being more up in the air about how they can become a Technician.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't complain about NHS members, their RP is always brilliant instead I'm going to do what Nikolai said he couldn't wait to see.

'I wish there was more NHS'

I really enjoy RPing with the NHS and particularly as police being able to coordinate between emergency services is really fun but often it can be difficult as you may only have 1 or 2 members trying to cover the whole city, this of course makes it really difficult to be able to have them present at a scene for an extended period of time. It's a shame that the NHS get treated the way they do often receiving pretty crap RP back from some players and I completely understand why there is often so few of them online at times. 

There really needs to be more incentive for people to play as NHS and encourage them to continue doing it despite the bad RP that they will sometimes receive from players.

From my personal experiences of being in the NHS vs the Police I preferred the police joining process.

Joining as an ECA same as being a PPC you're limited it what you can do and can't join specific units or do unique training until you get past that level, I personally think the police system is much more transparent in regards to rank progression. There is a very clear and marked out process of you do x number of things witnessed by people or you provide evidence and then you progress to the next rank. I think the NHS would benefit from a system like this as it would encourage ECAs to do these things so that they can progress rather then it being more up in the air about how they can become a Technician.  
While I do agree with what your saying, I also strongly disagree and would not like to see a “ODP” added to the NHS. When being a ECA… you have freedom to get out there and learn on the job and roleplay without much restraint and have a great time when wanting to just get into the city and play and that’s a massive game changer and something that’s way better then what the police do when your a beginner. The “ODP” is honestly the worse put off when joining the police at the start, being forced to only go out on patrol when your with someone higher then you, or even harder finding an actual TO, so that you can start ticking things off is ridiculous. It not only impacts your roleplay but also takes someone else’s roleplay away because they have to waste there time helping you and can’t actively do anything themselves because you have to do everything to tick things off. While I agree there should be a clearer way to rank up in the NHS I would not recommend anything like a ODP. If something like that gets implemented you’ll have no medics at all. Should really have NHS wearing body cams and allowed out on there own to complete the rank requirements to work towards promotions, same as the ODP should allow solo patrols so they can also tick things off. I know many people who joined the police for the fun RP, and gave up trying to complete there ODP because it was far too restricting and ruined what they expected the RP to be. 

I’m currently working in the NHS, and I’ve enjoyed it massively more then I did when I was working in the police, I feel more free and able to express myself when out on patrol and have had some quality RP too boot, I do agree a better ranking structure could be put into place tho, maybe a “time based” as well as  “do 1 surgery” or “treat gunshot wounds” “treat such and such car accidents” type of list but more achievable solo rather then being forced to ruin someone else’s RP and with that actually forcing NHS medics to expand there quality and quantity of RP as they have to develop and learn how to treat different and more difficult injuries as the promotions come into play. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten to an incident and most people just say I’ve been hit by a car but I feel fine I just have some bruises, least with a list of things to complete I could turn that car accident into something more serious in terms of injuries because I’ll have to find something on the list I haven’t done yet and intern creates Quality RP for both me and the person who’s injured. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@IMaGiiKsIabsolutely it shouldn't be the same as the ODP but I do think a checklist of things would really make the progression much more defined. As far as I am aware apart from the assessed patrol there is no part of your ODP that requires you to patrol with another officer anyway its just very much recommended. I definitely think it should just be a list that an ECA is able to provide evidence towards, either video evidence or a statement from a T&R member.

It would be interesting to hear what the NHS want from US the general public too. I sometimes feel like I am taking up too much of their time but maybe that's what they would like?

I love extended RP and I'm sure a lot of other NHS members love it to! Going to the same repetitive call "I fell out of my car and grazed my knee" or something similar is what frustrates me the most because all they want is to get a quick revive and continue with what they were doing prior. NHS ain't revive bots and we're in it for the RP opportunities. What I would love from other players is to be honest about what happened - if you got shot RP being shot and don't downplay your injuries to avoid extended RP or a trip to Pillbox.

Another thing that frustrates me which extends to the point above is the how much people complain when you say "We'll be heading to pillbox". All you hear "Im fine" or "Can you not treat me here"? and they just complain. If you hate Pillbox that much stop robbing the wrong people resulting in getting yourself stabbed if you don't want to RP the injuries. It just seems like a lot of people want to get into fights, chases, etc thinking it's GTA Online and not an RP server.

The last major thing that frustrates me is how needy the players can be. I wish I had clipped it but after a 4 hour shift and having commitments irl I started to head back to Pillbox to clock out. Car chases me saying "Yo medic got my friend here" to which I replied "I'm clocking out you'll have to take him to pillbox", which when asked they said it wasn't life threatening hence I didn't RP any urgency, and got a lot of grief because "You're the NHS meant to be saving lives". There are a lot more examples of people just dumping patients onto you and driving off (which hasn't happened to me yet after rejoining the nhs, but has happened previously), and just constantly chasing Ambulances for treatment despise the NHS responding to other dispatches. 

It would be interesting to hear what the NHS want from US the general public too. I sometimes feel like I am taking up too much of their time but maybe that's what they would like?
Just the other day I assisted with a surgery and the patient (don't know your name, sorry!) was amazing, couldn't ask for a much better scenario. You would administer medication, he would have a rare effect to it, would soundboard him going into cardiac arrest, and constantly kept you thinking.

He presented symptoms and allowed you as the NHS to figure it out. /me Vomits /me BPM drops and then playing sounds to correspond to equipment in the room. The medications, treatments, etc was left to your discretion.

At the end of it due to the nature of his accident and the fact he took a massive turn for the worst we diagnosed it as head trauma caused by swelling on the brain and we relived that pressure and at the end he was talking, cracking jokes, and we all left pretty happy.

That RP scenario lasted roughly 30 - 40 minutes but it felt like it didn't last that long so yes I love scenarios that keep me on my feet don't worry about "wasting our time" with long procedures it's actually pretty fun.

Back