What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Organised street racing RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamessss

Brief Summary:

Add something possibly an app on the phone that gives people the opportunity to race in and organised way as this would increase RP opportunities allowing people to create more unique characters.

Detailed Suggestion:

Basically the start of initially there will need to be app added to the phone which is called Racing, Motorsport or something along those lines I would recommend that this is not visible to police if possible as that would kind of undermine the idea of a illegal street race. Once this has been implemented there would either need to be some race tracks added most likely from devs with the possibility of community made race tracks to be allowed to be added by individuals who in RP become so called "leaders" of this illegal street race scene. There could also be some kind of functionality of having to pay to enter the race on the app, alternatively this could be handled in game with just transactions between characters though it would make it harder to manage.

When on the app in order to create a race I suggest a template similar to the one below:

Race Name
Track (selected from a drop down list)
Number of laps (depending on track lengths I would suggest anywhere from 1-5 though likely be something individuals hosting race would have to work out)
DNF Timer (this would need to specify either minutes or seconds so that a value can be entered from when the first person crosses the line till when the race ends, minimum like 45-60s value)

Once a race has been created:
Other racers will either be able to see it on the app or have to search its name to join the race. On the race hosts app they would be apply to see the current number of racers as well as have a button on when to start the race which when pressed after a small delay to allow the host to close their phone would start a 3, 2, 1, GO countdown to begin the race.

How the race will work:
Once racers have joined the race their map/mini map will be marked with the various numbered checkpoints which will have self updating GPS between them in order to ensure racers know which turns they're taking, the start/finish line should have a flag style marked to signify the start of a new lap/the end of the race. A hud would also appear somewhere on the screen that is semi-transparent which should contain the below information.

Race Position
Lap Number
Current Lap Time
Previous Lap Time
Best Lap Time

Once the race has concluded racers could be able to go back onto the racing app and see the lap times of others as well as time differences other racers.

Who would run this race scene?
Obviously after development and a large amount of testing (which I'm happy to help with) this would need to be shown to some initial characters hopefully in RP so that they can start to promote it within RP and start to organise/manage and possibly take part in races against other characters so we can see who would be crowned King of the Street. I personally would love to have the opportunity to be apart of running this underground street racing organisation as I believe it would give my characters an alternative way to develop into a criminal style RP without going down the standard robbing, stealing and drug route which is typically offered to many other characters. Of course I would love for some other people keen to see a developed race scene to also get involved, which is why should this get approved I will be actively looking in game for people who want to get onboard with this.

The Pros:

- Alternate route of character development other than typical criminal
- New opportunities for police rp
- NHS would also likely get involved if racers are in need of medical attention
- Gives a use for having a fast flashy car other than for the sake of it
- Will likely merge well with the car show scene
- Racing has always been a big part of GTA Online that people love and I don't see why it wouldn't be loved in fiveM
- Increased role for car dealerships to sell cars for racing
- Is a good money sink for people to send money buying and upgrading cars

The Cons:

- Will need dev focus to complete in a timely fashion
- More people speeding and possibly crashing into locals/other players

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?

Not at all, will likely just spread players more among different criminal/underworld activities

Footnote:
I am very much open to feedback on this suggest. I hope it is something that people would like to see as I put a lot of time and effort into thinking about the logistics of how this would work as well as writing this suggest

Think it would also be a nice idea to add some kind of crypto currency that you can win from races and use that to buy illegal car mods etc. It would mean a lot more people will do races.

There's so many racing suggestions popping up lately. My character never turns down a race in the city so I'd love to see this happen. +1

One way that you could organise underground racing is via the 'dark web' on your phone, which already exists.

One way that you could organise underground racing is via the 'dark web' on your phone, which already exists.
To my understanding there is no way to set up a waypoint to waypoint race with an actually track though

I mean you dont need mechanics for everything, you can do races now even if its a bit scuffy with no mechanics

(most of if not all these ideas are from nopixel though ha)

To my understanding there is no way to set up a waypoint to waypoint race with an actually track though
Very good suggestion from yourself @Jamesssssome of the replies though are just straight rips from nopixel. 

There is also a race script, script is currently broken fix soontm

I mean you dont need mechanics for everything, you can do races now even if its a bit scuffy with no mechanics

(most of if not all these ideas are from nopixel though ha)
I literally saw these suggestions and facepalmed irl, every single thing is from NoPixel, Crypto from races especially, guess people have found Summits stream. Although the ideas are good it's just a bit too much like a copy cat server at that point and we're not that. 

I love to race it's one of my fav things to do personally, we need more people in on it, and more people that don't act like complete idiots and crash into each other hence why currently the little league a few are involved in currently is invite only. You get approached to get in or you get vouched in by someone else. 

All views are my own and not that of the staff team

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally saw these suggestions and facepalmed irl, every single thing is from NoPixel, Crypto from races especially, guess people have found Summits stream. Although the ideas are good it's just a bit too much like a copy cat server at that point and we're not that. 
You're making it sound like you're scalping everything no-pixel has and just adding it to the server, I mean Jesus it's just racing. You don't wanna have mods mechanics other little stuff, I get that but racing is a universal thing across GTA. It's not just that one brilliant idea someone came up with and they have the exclusive right to use. I took part in races on here and driving in a straight line every time gets boring. We need laps, checkpoints etc. make it more exciting and add variety to possible tracks. People I meet in AutoCare love their cars, I see people come in everyday examining other cars and constantly checking for new stock. Mick does a great job at just being there giving people his knowledge on cars and it hooks people in, they love that shit. It's fun to drive around in your new car but races add just that little extra hit of adrenaline and add that purpose to your super car you just bought.

You say you have a invite only circle of people who race; I've been around for a month and I tend to hang around in the public spots and I have never heard of anything like that. Out of 300-400 players that join everyday and only 'few' people know about where is the fun in that? The server itself is limited to what you can do for your entertainment obviously except the obvious one which is RP. I really do hope you guys fix that script and add it to the server ASAP. Also, I feel like I'm talking on behalf of the large portion of the community here when I say people love cars and racing and this is seriously something you guys should consider and put on your priority list. 

You're making it sound like you're scalping everything no-pixel has and just adding it to the server, I mean Jesus it's just racing. You don't wanna have mods mechanics other little stuff, I get that but racing is a universal thing across GTA. It's not just that one brilliant idea someone came up with and they have the exclusive right to use. I took part in races on here and driving in a straight line every time gets boring. We need laps, checkpoints etc. make it more exciting and add variety to possible tracks. People I meet in AutoCare love their cars, I see people come in everyday examining other cars and constantly checking for new stock. Mick does a great job at just being there giving people his knowledge on cars and it hooks people in, they love that shit. It's fun to drive around in your new car but races add just that little extra hit of adrenaline and add that purpose to your super car you just bought.
Right, well first off. The idea for Crypto to be given out as a race win to buy illegal mods that right there is a 100% direct rip from NoPixel, it's just been implemented in 3.0 to include this and hasn't been around for too long within that community never mind any others, it's never, ever come up in a discussion on these forums about races before. That leads me to believe that it is a direct rip. I could be wrong, it's my observation from reading the comment. 

Mick does do a fantastic job yes, i agree. I however have been hosting car meets & organising races since probably march last year when we had the first ever car meet on the server, myself and @SI Ali Barberwe're very, very active in the car scene and trying to make it fun for everyone else, people know me as a racer they maybe do not know you as a racer hence why you are still without an invite to the private league, put yourself out there, when people are around perhaps ask if they're interested in getting together one night and racing a little bit that's the only way you'll get noticed and vouched in. You have to understand that we're keeping it under raps to get rid of the idiots.

Out of 300-400 players that join everyday and only 'few' people know about where is the fun in that?
Now you ask where the fun is in this 'private league' is but if you're a fan of racing surely you'd know the fun is in the racing, with people you know are fair, that are not going to crash into you just for a win, people that aren't idiots who won't ruin it for everyone else. Surely, surely you see that? Arranging the races, arranging the points table, prize money everything it's not the easiest thing to do. I'm repeating myself here but Make yourself known to be a racer and you'll likely be invited, the list of people is ever expanding and has no limit. 

when I say people love cars and racing and this is seriously something you guys should consider and put on your priority list. 
Honestly, i don't agree with this statement, you can still race, you can still host meets, theres many many ways of doing it. I create a track, do some testing myself maybe with the help of 1/2 people in the city then when it comes to a race we do 2/3 laps with me at the front showing everyone the layout, when they're happy they know it we race. Use your imagination it's a roleplay server. You don't NEED the script to run races as we have proved time and time again. 

The devs have so much work on currently, be it updates, optimisation, bug fixing i just think their time spent doing development work doesn't need to be on the race script, when they have time and it gets fixed and it comes back ill be happy and grateful for them fixing it until then theres nothing wrong with the way it's done now In my opinion.

You have to understand that we're keeping it under raps to get rid of the idiots.
I love to race it's one of my fav things to do personally, we need more people in on it.
I don't know how many of you are racing in this 'private league' but at the end of the day, like you said you need more people it on it. If you want it to grow take people in, offer them a trial race, see how they drive. You don't like them you don't invite them again. 

You don't NEED the script to run races as we have proved time and time again. 
I strongly disagree on this one, you do need a script a phone app whatever it is to race.
I want to know what my best lap time is on a specific track and how I compare to other players on that track. 
I want to know what my winnings are in my previous races.
I want to know which direction I'm going, what position I'm in, what my last lap time was, what my opponents last lap time was. 

I'm serious when it comes to racing and I'm sorry but you cannot organize a 'serious' race without these things in place. We need a reward system, something we gain only from racing. You cannot have that if you don't make an official app. This isn't just something 'ripped off' from no-pixel. If you've every played any race game at all you'll know that.

Use your imagination it's a roleplay server
If that's what you wanna do fair enough. I do agree with this statement when it comes to other activities around the server but not racing. You need structure, rewards that have you constantly coming back for more. 

Implemented - Find out in RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back