What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Panic Button Change

Cars, radios etc all have trackers however these can vary in accuracy depending on location for example you may be in the countyside and the GPS can be miles off.

One of my old colleagues was point to pointed by the control room and they asked him if he was in the middle of the North Sea they are not always accurate!

I also mentioned in the post about a rough location or so
So did I, i think you didn't read my fully reply. All im saying is it doesnt make sense that if the gps is inaccurate it would still no the street name.
It should be a rough area not a streetname.

With out extenxive knowledge of Airwave in particular but as a TETRA Radio Instructor in Norway i can say that the newer radios with GPS trackers has a fully fleged GPS. They are reliable down to 10-20 meters outside and some less accuracy inside some buildings.
This. However, for the benefit of roleplay and situations I agree with Alfred's suggestion - allowing some form of GPS 'drift'.

Image setting off your panic button on san andreas avenue and having this massive area where the officer could be, due to the road being so long.
Then it would be down to that person to communicate it, if a police officer for example is being threatned with a gun and manages to get a panic off for whatever reason then police would have a chance to locate the incident and intervene whilst allowing the incident to have an even chance for criminals to do whatever they are trying to do and police having knowledge and a rough area to locate the incident and deal with it

Could have it so the panic's buttons accuracy is dependent on how close an officer is to a police station. 
That way a panic will be more accurate in an area where gang members ought to consider the risk associated with the potential reward.

So did I, i think you didn't read my fully reply. All im saying is it doesnt make sense that if the gps is inaccurate it would still no the street name.
It should be a rough area not a streetname.
Fair enough like i said at the start with the suggestion street name or rough location just to balance it i wasnt going on about if it makes sense just for balance reasons

Then it would be down to that person to communicate it, if a police officer for example is being threatned with a gun and manages to get a panic off for whatever reason then police would have a chance to locate the incident and intervene whilst allowing the incident to have an even chance for criminals to do whatever they are trying to do and police having knowledge and a rough area to locate the incident and deal with it
The whole point of a panic button is that odds are you cant communicate a message over the radio, as someone is as you list as an example, pulling a gun on you, preventing you from radioing in a detailed message on where exactly you are. That's the entire point of a panic button

I don't think it really improves police communication, you generally tend to press you panic button when you need urgent immediate assistance and when you aren't able to tell people where you are because of the heat of the situation (held at gunpoint, or in very sticky situations).
I think this says it perfectly.

Could have it so the panic's buttons accuracy is dependent on how close an officer is to a police station. 
That way a panic will be more accurate in an area where gang members ought to consider the risk associated with the potential reward.
Like the sound of this like set a location to be the "hub" and then the further you go the worse it becomes?

Like the sound of this like set a location to be the "hub" and then the further you go the worse it becomes?
Yeah more or less. So theres 3 police stations; LS, Sandy and Paleto.

If you are within ~2 miles of any of these, the accuracy is 90 - 100% 
2-5 it goes down to 75 - 89%
5 and above it goes down to 50 - 74%

Decrease in accuracy = increase in panic area size

Yeah more or less. So theres 3 police stations; LS, Sandy and Paleto.

If you are within ~2 miles of any of these, the accuracy is 90 - 100% 
2-5 it goes down to 75 - 89%
5 and above it goes down to 50 - 74%

Decrease in accuracy = increase in panic area size
Think this is defo the best way this could be implemented makes decent sense aswell!

I think this since we have already lost our map pips completely. This might swing the balance abit too far in the other direction. There are certain times that we should have a complete accurate ping on where the officers are. Maybe a vehicle can pin point an officer more accurately but when on foot it is less accurate. 

At the end of the day, the only issue with this suggestion really is the fact that Panic buttons are ideally used when you are in a situation were you cannot use comms. For example if you're at gun point of if you're being robbed, you cant just go onto your radio and say you're at gunpoint & give a location of where you are otherwise lets be honest, you'll end up dead.

So how I PERSONALLY view this is that this will effect Police/NCA/NHS in a negative way in SOME situations were comms are not accessible.

Not sure how a topic like this turn into 2 pages but it seems like both sides, both Police and Gray are in agreeance that a waypoint with a certain error margin is the correct way to go about things. The last 15 responses have said nothing the first 5 didnt.

I think this since we have already lost our map pips completely. This might swing the balance abit too far in the other direction. There are certain times that we should have a complete accurate ping on where the officers are. Maybe a vehicle can pin point an officer more accurately but when on foot it is less accurate. 
That's true IRL as well the vehicle radios are chunky boys so maybe a mix of ponty's suggestion and your? so in a vehicle its 90-100% and then if your on foot the location based one?

For now, we will keep the waypoint.

Back