What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Papa's PC

Cuthbert Lansbury

You Done Gone Papa'd It!
My PC started life as a pre-built HP ENVY H8-1435ea but then I added a little to it and changed the case to a Xigmatek Alfar. It does what it needs to for now, hopefully in the future I can start putting together something a little more customised and a little more powerful.

IN THE BOX:

• Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz
  • 16GB RAM (Generic)
  • Sapphire R9 270X OC
  • 250GB Crucial BX100 SSD
  • 3TB HDD

OUTSIDE THE BOX:

• Monitor #1 - Samsung 23" LED Screen
  • Monitor #2 - Hanns G 23" LED Screen (Rotated for TS)
  • Razor Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Keyboard
  • Gigabyte M6880 Mouse
  • Steelseries Siberia V2 Orange Headset
  • Wired Xbox 360 Controller

B-24H0NW0AAkHsh.jpg

MVQQwZH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering what FPS do you get papa? 

@Farmer Giles I run with a mix of High and Very High settings with a few bits turned down low (like particles and clouds) and get between 25 fps in Kavala and 40-50 fps in the countryside. I have capped it though via MSI Afterburner to 30 fps maximum as there were lots of fps spikes when driving around which got very annoying. So now I have a solid 25-30 fps wherever I go without any stutter.

@Azzer Its not an expensive case, less than £50 if I recall. It's got room for 2 front, 2 top and 1 rear mounted fans so it stays nice and cool during my 'extended' pc sessions.

Just been given the go-ahead by Mrs Hedge to buy myself a little SSD this month, so happy days! So I'm looking to grab myself a 240 / 250 GB one so I can whack Steam and all my games on it. Any suggestions?

Depending on how many games you have you could always get the new SanDisk 2TB SSD if you had a couple thousand pounds to piss away.

Just a thought.

Depending on how many games you have you could always get the new SanDisk 2TB SSD if you had a couple thousand pounds to piss away.

Just a thought.

I have a fair few games in my library but only have half a dozen installed so I don't think I'll be needing a 2TB one....although if money was no object...lol!

Just been given the go-ahead by Mrs Hedge to buy myself a little SSD this month, so happy days! So I'm looking to grab myself a 240 / 250 GB one so I can whack Steam and all my games on it. Any suggestions?
On a budget - Samsung EVO 850 250GB

Better - Sandisk Extreme Pro 240 GB

Liking the setup but I always wonder how anyone plays with their monitors so far away, I have a 28" and even then I have to have it right at the front of my desk just behind my keyboard or I get headaches - maybe I need glasses haha.

Liking the setup but I always wonder how anyone plays with their monitors so far away, I have a 28" and even then I have to have it right at the front of my desk just behind my keyboard or I get headaches - maybe I need glasses haha.
I wear glasses so I guess I'm just used to it  :Cool:

I love how you use portrait mode for team speak, definitly gonna copy that!
It took a bit of getting used to as the mouse doesn't line up correctly but it is definitely something that helps when on Police patrol at busy times when the list of channels goes on forever!

Sorry this is an old topic, but @Papa Hedge I ordered the mousemat you use and it should some tomorrow. Is it a good buy or have I wasted my money?

Sorry this is an old topic, but @Papa Hedge I ordered the mousemat you use and it should some tomorrow. Is it a good buy or have I wasted my money?
Sorry for the delay responding bud (I've been out of town for the last week)...

But yes, it's a great pad in my opinion...but you've probably found that out for yourself by now lol

Back