What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

PC exhaust pipe

basedalex

Is it possible to install a piping system in which hot air leaves the PC through a pipe and gets exhausted outside. I think you would need to have a few fans installed within the pipe to help with the airflow though. Sounds a bit silly but I think it's a good idea. All help and advice appreciated. ?

The air being exhausted wont really increase the overall temperature of your components. If you want to keep your room cool then there's many more options available. With a modest room temperature and suitable cooling for the PC you should be okay especially here in the UK, my PC actually cools down my room during the summer, just gotta work on your airflow and buy better cooling options if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
sound like could be a fun project, don't know how effective it would be but probably alot of fun to play around with.

The air being exhausted wont really increase the overall temperature of your components. If you want to keep your room cool then there's many more options available. With a modest room temperature and suitable cooling for the PC you should be okay especially here in the UK, my PC actually cools down my room during the summer, just gotta work on your airflow and buy better cooling options if need be.
Yeah, room temp is the problem. My PC just heats the whole room and opening the window doesn't really help. I purchased quite a few fans but I found out after that I only have one fan slot thing on the mobo. SO I have an exhaust fan on the rear and an intake on the top. Perhaps the intake being on the top is the problem here.

Yeah isn't to hard, Just keep the case at a positive pressure and then grab an old aircon pipe, and hang it out the window.

You will most likely need to add an extraction fan otherwise the hot air is going to get guilt up in your case. This is going to be your biggest issue imo.

Yeah, room temp is the problem. My PC just heats the whole room and opening the window doesn't really help. I purchased quite a few fans but I found out after that I only have one fan slot thing on the mobo. SO I have an exhaust fan on the rear and an intake on the top. Perhaps the intake being on the top is the problem here.
You can buy a fan splitter which allows you to use connect multiple fans to one slot. I'd recommend buying a case that has front fan capabilities for intake and top and back for the exhaust. 

Here's mine for example:

fdfTMbT.png

You can buy a fan splitter which allows you to use connect multiple fans to one slot. I'd recommend buying a case that has front fan capabilities for intake and top and back for the exhaust. 

Here's mine for example:

fdfTMbT.png
What case have you got there

doesn't matter how many fans he puts in his machine, its still venting into the room :/ his room is to hot not the computer (well it probably is)

doesn't matter how many fans he puts in his machine, its still venting into the room :/ his room is to hot not the computer (well it probably is)
Cheaper to buy a better cooling solution for a PC than it is for a whole room though. 

Cheaper to buy a better cooling solution for a PC than it is for a whole room though. 
How does a "better" cooling solution stop the computer generating exactly the same amount of heat and getting the room hot ?!?!?!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUTTING IN OTHER COOLING SOLUTIONS DOES NOT CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF HEAT GENERATED: ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN PLEASE. Seriously this is like year 6 shit you learn in school !!!!

The question was about venting the heat from the computer out of the room, not I sit in a fridge but my computer is still overheating, he didnt even mention the temps of his machine once !!!!

How does a "better" cooling solution stop the computer generating exactly the same amount of heat and getting the room hot ?!?!?!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUTTING IN OTHER COOLING SOLUTIONS DOES NOT CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF HEAT GENERATED: ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN PLEASE. Seriously this is like year 6 shit you learn in school !!!!

The question was about venting the heat from the computer out of the room, not I sit in a fridge but my computer is still overheating, he didnt even mention the temps of his machine once !!!!
Ah damn, my school totally forgot to teach me how the ambient temperature of the room effects the temperature of computer hardware when I was 10, I'll submit a complaint to Ofsted right away !!!!

He said that he only has one cooling fan. It's very likely that his PC isn't getting sufficiently cooled even if the room has a higher ambient temperature.

No need to be so obnoxious is there? I understand you're the "Destroyer of 'Shit Tech' advice" but at the end of the day I was just trying to help him out and the information I provided was correct regarding his situation.

Ah damn, my school totally forgot to teach me how the ambient temperature of the room effects the temperature of computer hardware when I was 10, I'll submit a complaint to Ofsted right away !!!!
Pity they also failed to teach you basic physics, I cant believe in your sarcastic post, your still not even understanding the issue here ??!??!
Think this through please: You have a radiator @ 80 degress in a closed room, that room will heat to 80 degrees, Now add a fan to cool that radiator down. How hot is that closed room going to get ?

He said that he only has one cooling fan. It's very likely that his PC isn't getting sufficiently cooled even if the room has a higher ambient temperature.
He could have 30 fans in his computer, it wont change the amount of heat that it generates (actually a little more due to increased power load, friction & motor heat). Therefore won't change the temperature of his room, side effect includes no improved cooling for his computer.

He hasn't mentioned that his computer is overheating once in any of his posts. He simply asked can I vent the heat that is being generated out of my room and what are the pitfalls, and venting it therefore lowering the temp of the room benefiting the computer as well as his sweaty arse.

No need to be so obnoxious is there? I understand you're the "Destroyer of 'Shit Tech' advice" but at the end of the day I was just trying to help him out and the information I provided was correct regarding his situation.
'm glad you saw my title. I'm not being obnoxious, it was my second reply, you obviously ignored the first "non obnoxious" one and the message needed re-enforcing. It worked so don't complain. Your information was "incorrect" please see above points 1 & 2.

Pity they also failed to teach you basic physics, I cant believe in your sarcastic post, your still not even understanding the issue here ??!??!
Think this through please: You have a radiator @ 80 degress in a closed room, that room will heat to 80 degrees, Now add a fan to cool that radiator down. How hot is that closed room going to get ?.
Cooling slows the time it takes for components to reach high temperatures, how do you not understand this? If you got a number of fans in scale w/ the radiator to cool the raditator the radiator wouldn't reach 80 degrees in the first place meaning it couldn't heat up the room to 80 degrees also.

Cooling slows the time it takes for components to reach high temperatures, how do you not understand this? If you got a number of fans in scale w/ the radiator to cool the raditator the radiator wouldn't reach 80 degrees in the first place meaning it couldn't heat up the room to 80 degrees also.
?!?!? What !!! you do realize that the cooler the radiator is only means your transferring the heat from the radiator to the room faster. The EXACT same amount of heat is being generated by the radiator. You may actually want to really consider about that complaint to ofcom, no seriously. If the air were being vented out of the room, yes you would be correct, but the heat has nowhere to go, so therefore the room gets hotter till it reaches the same temperature of the radiator.

Also do you realize that the cooler the component in the computer the faster it runs, thermal throttling. so therefore with better cooling the room will just get hotter faster.

?!?!? What !!! you do realize that the cooler the radiator is only means your transferring the heat from the radiator to the room faster. The EXACT same amount of heat is being generated by the radiator. You may actually want to really consider about that complaint to ofcom, no seriously.

Also do you realize that the cooler the component in the computer the faster it runs, thermal throttling. so therefore with better cooling the room will just get hotter faster.
The ambient temperature of my room is 25.6 degrees. My GPU is at 33 degrees. The air coming out of the back of my PC is 24.0 degrees. Weird...

The ambient temperature of my room is 25.6 degrees. My GPU is at 33 degrees. The air coming out of the back of my PC is 24.0 degrees. Weird...
Jezus christ your picky about what you reply to. Not weird at all in any way, you realize he isn't talking about YOUR room & your computer, which will have 100% different heat transference properties.

Go close your windows and doors and run Furmark & Passmark for 5 hours and tell me about your amazing temps. Hell let me know what the temps are after 10 min

Back