What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Pc is not starting after new videocard

Tivroxx

Well i bought a GTX 960 put it in my PC and now when i start my pc up i get 1 beep and my pc restarts itself.

When i put my old videocard or NO videocard it does the same..

Power supply is 450w

Motherboard LGA1150

Anyone has an idea if it is the Motherboard or the power supply???

the recommended PSU for a GTX960 is 400watts thats only for the 1 video card, after that you have HDD's, SSD's, Optical drives(Dvd/BluRay) Drives, these all require power as well, then anything plugged in, keyboard/mouse, back inside computer again might be Audio card, CPU needs power, Ram needs power, and lastly even the motherboard requires a degree of power through it.

If I was you i'd get the motherboard and PSU checked out it might be a damaged PSU rail meaning you might just need a higher PSU to run in your machine but please get it checked out.

ALSO CHECK THIS OUT:

Code:
If still won't post right try one dimm at a time to rule out ram. If not ram issue it could be a failing power supply.

the recommended PSU for a GTX960 is 400watts thats only for the 1 video card, after that you have HDD's, SSD's, Optical drives(Dvd/BluRay) Drives, these all require power as well, then anything plugged in, keyboard/mouse, back inside computer again might be Audio card, CPU needs power, Ram needs power, and lastly even the motherboard requires a degree of power through it.

If I was you i'd get the motherboard and PSU checked out it might be a damaged PSU rail meaning you might just need a higher PSU to run in your machine but please get it checked out.

ALSO CHECK THIS OUT:

If still won't post right try one dimm at a time to rule out ram. If not ram issue it could be a failing power supply.

I will probably get another PSU then, it must be the PSU dont know what else it should be...

Can you boot with the Graphics card removed and use the motherboard video output?? You could then start eliminating things. 

What is your motherboard, that beep could be all you need to diagnose! 

** just saw motherboard

looking now 

For gigabyte, the one beep (like most mobos) means all systems clear.  So thats a start

Yup check what has been knocked about during fitting, normally this reboot cycle is ram incorrectly seated.

I would agree with getting another PSU tbh, can't see that 400W lasting long. 

I know it seem a bit of a shot in the dark, but I have done many stupid things when building computers. 

First thing I do, is check every connection twice.  I have found some connectors can come loose, or RAM modules get slightly unseated somehow.

It wouldnt hurt to uprate your PSU, but getting your PC stable without any graphics card should be priority no.1 

USE ESD PROTECTION 

USE ESD PROTECTION 
no point using an acronym with a user who has no idea what could cause a reboot loop.

Never used Electro Static Discharge Protection in my life whilst building / servicing computers, not killed a single ram stick cpu or piece of hardware yet (just dont run round the carpet sliding your feet about then using your graphics card to touch metal things).

Most people have no way to preotect against esd

My bad. its the mantra we all shout at each other, elbow deep in a computer and the esd strap is hanging loosely on the floor lol....

But yes sorry, all I meant was to not be doing this on your computer whilst sat in a woolly carpet :D, try and keep yourself at the same potential as the system components if you cant protect using ESD straps and earth plugs what ever.   Its a bit of a grey area, but I tend too keep a hand on exposed metal work just to clear any charge to achieve this.

Keep us posted with what else you have done! 

Well i bought a GTX 960 put it in my PC and now when i start my pc up i get 1 beep and my pc restarts itself.

When i put my old videocard or NO videocard it does the same..

Power supply is 450w

Motherboard LGA1150

Anyone has an idea if it is the Motherboard or the power supply???
Power suply is probably too low to handle yor computer and the graphic card bc it has recommended 400w and you have just 50w to run everything else you might want to upgrade your PSU long story short

Back