What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

PC issues

Nuclear

So i've got this issue with my PC lately where sometimes it will just freeze or completely ignore my input (mouse/keyboard) it also sometimes randomly just goes mental and starts pressing (mouse and keyboard) combinations.

It has happend to me a couple of times during the week .So far i've got no idea what triggers this (seems quite random).

Does anyone knows if this is like something i can fix maybe or should i just reinstall Windows. Maybe anyone here knows so i dont have to reinstall everything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds daft but have you tried mouse and keyboard in diff usb port. I would try remove mouse keyboard from divide manager first and then restart and see if it assigns new drivers worth a go. Are you running ati or Nvidia?

I have indeed tried switching usb ports for both devices and i have already reinstalled the  drivers for both.

PC specs are :

• i7 6770k
  • nvdia geforce 1060
  • 16 gb of ddr4 ram
  • 500gb ssd
  • 2tb hard drive
To be honest it does not feel like its a keyboard or mouse issue as i mentioned the weirdness mostly happends in a certain app or program its never all round.

For example yesterday in my Arma my map was constantly opening and some other weird stuff was happening even though i was standing still and wasnt touching my keyboard . When that was happening i alt tabbed and tried going into notepad to see if my keyboard was spamming M right but it wasnt and on desktop everything worked normaly, as soon as i tabbed back into the game same issue started going again.(so far it has happend in almost any game not just Arma and some other desktop apps)

It honestly feels very weird and its the first time ive encountered such an issue which is why i am asking here . The best description of this would be it feels like ive got a macro running in the background spamming random keys but i dont have any macro software or anything like that that could cause that issue.

To be honest if i dont find a solution ill just reinstall windows its about time to do so anyway (and now ive got a good reason for it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that sounds very strange may be a clean install may fix GL pal post back up after reboot hopefully that fixes it

It is a bit of a long shot but try monitoring your CPU usage for the apps where this happens. For example on my PC when I play the new cod game it uses up so much of my CPU that it causes mouse input to be delayed or sometimes stopped completely. If you do find that one of your apps is using too much CPU power then try to lower it's priority though task manager.

If it wasn’t spamming a button it might be something to do with arma itself? Has it happened on any other game? Maybe try validating game files and reinstalling 

On another note - great excuse for a couple of RDMs here and there 😉

Back