What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

PC problems

Jamie

Unlinked
So yesterday my Power supply in my computer blew, there was sparks and an awful smell. I thought it was the power supply as the sparks came from there and I didnt turn it on again just incase it happened again or caused damage to other parts which could of already happened.

Today I got a new Power supply and installed it and all seems to be working again apart from my Internet connection. I can use my phones internet to connect which is what i am doing at the moment but other than that my Ethernet cable does not register as connected. I updated drivers, restarted everything and nothing seems to work, does anyone have any ideas as what I should do please? as im not that great with computers.

You may have fucked your motherboard up as you fried it, maybe? Not a computer wizard so dont take my word for it

Yea, im not 100% sure but that may be what happened, it could have been a  lot worse though haha

Power cuts, which in your case was your power supply breaking can cause routers to scramble.

Do Windows key + R and type 'cmd'

then paste or type ' netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log ' exactly

Power cuts, which in your case was your power supply breaking can cause routers to scramble.

Do Windows key + R and type 'cmd'

then paste or type ' netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log ' exactly
Ok I did that and all I got was this 
18fc125ec9897146008a06ca01dbbf49.png

I restarted my computer and still the same thing, Also my profile is administrator so i have no idea.

Ok I did that and all I got was this 
18fc125ec9897146008a06ca01dbbf49.png

I restarted my computer and still the same thing, Also my profile is administrator so i have no idea.
I have my profile set as administrator as well but you still need to run it as administrator if you cant do that through win + R key try hitting win key then type cmd from there and right click command prompt. (win 10)

I have my profile set as administrator as well but you still need to run it as administrator if you cant do that through win + R key try hitting win key then type cmd from there and right click command prompt. (win 10)
This

Sorry for the late reply's everyone, well after realizing and testing my Ethernet Cable on my Xbox and finding out that it was the problem I replaced it and all works like usual again, Thanks everyone for the help and advice though I do appreciate it.

Back