What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Performance going to shit

Im sure its not a software related issue, however i will check if i have the latest driver.
Alfie helped me a bit earlier.

I was basically running on 1 core the entire time, my PC has 4 cores so we switched it over to 4.
Then we went to change the memory- and video allocator. Not sure how he got the numbers.

It helped my FPS on rpuk at least

Alfie helped me a bit earlier.

I was basically running on 1 core the entire time, my PC has 4 cores so we switched it over to 4.
Then we went to change the memory- and video allocator. Not sure how he got the numbers.

It helped my FPS on rpuk at least
I thought that was what we did? XD

yeah i have it set to 6 cores however in task manager is only uses about 8-14% 

no if it help i have an fx 6300 and gtx 970 in the parameters i havnt changes the video memory 

As suggested by Ayub above - arma was optimised for intel chips, specifically single core clock speeds.

I’m an example of the same issue you had - I had a shit system with a AMD 8350 or whatever, GTX1070. I upgraded my motherboard and CPU to the i7 7700k and a ROG board - I now get double the FPS I had before! Graphics cards don’t mean shit in Arma, by that I mean having a 1080ti or having a 1070 will not change performance.

If you can’t afford an i7, an i5 is just as good but lacks the hyper threading which will make certain multi thread applications run worse (if you care).

As suggested by Ayub above - arma was optimised for intel chips, specifically single core clock speeds.

I’m an example of the same issue you had - I had a shit system with a AMD 8350 or whatever, GTX1070. I upgraded my motherboard and CPU to the i7 7700k and a ROG board - I now get double the FPS I had before! Graphics cards don’t mean shit in Arma, by that I mean having a 1080ti or having a 1070 will not change performance.

If you can’t afford an i7, an i5 is just as good but lacks the hyper threading which will make certain multi thread applications run worse (if you care).
well it means ill havr to go through the hassle of changing my motherboard so... ill think ill wait another year or so :) thank you for the input tho!

honestly i dont think they will if you read what @LukeN wrote
I'm mainly getting it because i need to upgrade my gpu in order to play newer games like ghost recon wildlands etc. But it will be interesting to see how it compares to the gtx 1050. If i get like 30 fps in kavala then i will be very happy.

Back