What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Permanent Ban Appeal - Hobo Winters (unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo Winters

In-game Name

PAR. Hobo Winters

Steam ID

Please provide a link to your previous denied appeal.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/93094-un-ban-appeal-hobo-winters-08042017-denied-perm-banned-582017/?tab=comments#comment-528591
In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.

I was banned due to my idiotic actions over last summer, I decided to change my name that had a racial word contained in the name of my arma profile, I was playing with friends on a A&D server and then decided to join RPUK's second server, I saw the name I had joined under and quickly disconnected and changed my name to a more suitable one. I understand that is no excuse to use racial words as people can take offence to them. I had appealed the 1.2 and whilst the appeal was open for response I thought it would be a good idea to join the same A&D server with the name " Winters got 1.2'd " and thought it would be funny, honestly I dont know what I was thinking back then. Due to the name change and me celebrating my ban I was issued an instant permanent ban.

What have you been upto in the last 6 months+ ?

Over the last six months I have mainly been playing different games such as Garrys Mod and rainbow six siege with a few friends and along the way improving my behaviour, I had gained a some what high ranking status within quite a large Gmod community. Over time I have also been revising for tests that I had done and trying to just stick to school work the best I can. I only recently got back into playing arma about a month ago with some friends I had made on RPUK, one of them tried to make an alits life server and I decided to help out. Unfortunately the population died out as most servers do on arma. I have recently been appointed another high ranking status upon a WiP Gmod server and currently trying to smooth en out things throughout the community. Sort of broke my computer as well recently which wasn't that fun, it now sounds like a washing machine on steroids. I have also been hopping about other RP servers upon arma trying to boost my roleplay and give a good experience to others too. Also been playing a bit of insurgency from time to time.

Why do you want to return ?

I mainly want to return to see old friends and once again experience the high quality roleplay the server once again, RPUK is one of the high RP servers left within arma. I mostly enjoyed being a medic on the server as it is a very social able job and is a calm and relaxing one too, if I were to be unbanned at all the only probable thing I would do on the server. I just want to be apart of the community again and get along with others.

The community is nearly always positive and cheery, making it one of if not the greatest community within arma. After being banned it of course isnt a good feeling to leave many people behind and I would like to speak to them again. The high roleplay on the server is one of the greatest assets of this community because so many situations can be made from it, I understand that could happen on any other server on a total different game but this community bring a whole new level of roleplay to its members.

Why should we unban you ?

To be completely honest I had no intention of ever offending anyone across the RPUK community, yet wether my intentions where to harm someone under no circumstances should racist remarks be used. I feel over the last 6 months I have matured quite a lot and learned to deal with situations with care to avoid rule breaks to make the right decision on what to do. I have mostly been going over the server rules from time to time so I feel I have a firm understanding of them.

I can see my disgusting behaviour was a complete idiotic act and totally uncalled for. I believe this is my only mistake I have made upon this server and it wasn't a good one but I have had time to reflect on my ban and bad actions in the past and of course will never to them again, people can be offended by this even if it is not intended but I am glad the server 2 population at the time was fairly low decreasing the possible amount of number to take offence to this name, I truly did not do this out of spite and merely a joke I understand now that this is no joking matter but a serious offence.

I understand that under no circumstances should racism ever be acceptable but I truly have reflected on my actions and never wish to repeat this again, wether that be here or any other community, never should it be acceptable and never be normalised I understand that my actions were truly disgusting.

I understand that these sort of people which I was categorised in are just toxic to the server and draw players away from the server but I feel I have changed and can bring a positive mood to the community.

I mainly wish to come back to the server for roleplay, gun fights on the server were never really want I wanted, the staff and developers on this server never fail to bring the greatest experience to its members and I wish to experience the community grow and expand outwards again.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.

Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.

Yes

I confirm 6 months+ have passed since my denied appeal.

Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.

To be completely honest I had no intention of ever offending anyone across the RPUK community, yet wether my intentions where to harm someone under no circumstances should racist remarks be used
is this how you impress your friends? I just don't see what you found funny about even going out of your way to change your name to something racist so your friends can see when you login? 

Obviously at the time you found it funny right?

Question is, do you still associate yourself with these "Friends" that you tried to impress with the racist name?

@Hobo Winters

@Drew Thank you for the reply,

yes at the time I did find it funny, I understand now that shouldn't be funny or pleasing in anyway at all.

And those "friends" you speak of, I still have them on my steam friends list but never really talk to them, unless its a just a quick question about a game of some sort.

Are you aware the effects that such a name change could have an effect on a player? 

I'd like you to answer me the following;

Obviously a lot of people will have an opinion on you from here on out for using a racist term so what can you offer to the community?

also, It may have been a mistake on your half joining the server but can you explain to me why we are so strict on our rules and what effects do they have on other players?

@Drew, once again thanks for the reply,

I would first off like to start with the strict rules part. It is necessary for these rules to be in place and so that the staff team / management are able to turn the toxic players away who are causing damage to the community which may sometimes draw other members of the community away and see the community as a "Toxic" or "Racist" community which isn't the case at all, just as I had done I few months back. There are of course younger people who may not understand the meaning of the word and may think it is okay for them to start saying the word not knowing its true meaning and what effects / harm it could cause against others. This type of behaviour can make feel someone unwanted and cause stress to the person

If this were to be ignored it could turn into an outbreak of racial slurs being thrown at one another which of course some players can take offence to and may turn to a different community and labelling this one as a "Toxic" community, which again isn't the case.

Sometimes racial slurs are used against others with aggression and the person may have an intent to hurt someone or use it against them. This can bring emotional / psychological pain the person and once again they may decide to turn there back on the community.

Now onto what I can offer to the community, to be completely honest there truly isn't much I am to offer but I wish to give other players a high quality role play experience across the server and if possible make there day better, share memorable moments with others and enjoy my time along with others across the server.

Willing to give you another chance, don't mess it up.

Hopefully this is an eye opener for you and won't result in something similar happening in the future.

Unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back