What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Permanent Ban Appeal - spongebob battle roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Name

PC1

Steam ID

Please provide a link to your previous denied appeal.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/107889-un-ban-appeal-spongebob-battle-roy-110718-denied/
In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.

Using a term which I now understand to be offensive and racist.

What have you been upto in the last 6 months+ ?

I've been playing other games mainly, occasionally drifting between different ARMA gamemodes but not really playing the game seriously since my ban. Outside of playing games, I've been concentrating on my studies in college and on being in a leadership role there. The latter is particularly important; as cliché as this probably sounds, I do feel that being in a higher position in real life and having actual responsibility has developed my understanding on why changing a few letters in a word doesn't really change the meaning or dampen the impact of that word. Being in a position where my words will have consequences has helped bring about this now-glaringly-obvious epiphany.

Why do you want to return ?

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the server. I had some good times and some good laughs and met a group of people that I'm still playing various games with to this day. I haven't really engaged with ARMA in the same way that I engaged with RPUK since my ban, so it'd be nice to be allowed to play on a server that I "click" with again.

Why should we unban you ?

I believe that I've changed my attitude as a response to the ban and as a result of my real-life experiences, therefore I believe I can be a better player. I'll admit, at first I fought the ban on the argument that it wasn't racist but now, I do understand that what I said was no different to saying the word in any other form. It was the kick in the nuts I needed to start coming to that realisation, for lack of a better term. I was in the process of writing a document too about the various loot runs, so I feel I can contribute to the community in a more material sense as well as being an improved player from what I was last time.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.

Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.

Yes

I confirm 6 months+ have passed since my denied appeal.

Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
and what exactly did you think it meant before you 'understood' it?
I believed it to be a non-offensive way of saying the word which it is derived from. In the same vein as "shite" being a more acceptable form of "shit". Obviously in this case, the circumstances are different which is something I now realise.

I believed it to be a non-offensive way of saying the word which it is derived from. In the same vein as "shite" being a more acceptable form of "shit". Obviously in this case, the circumstances are different which is something I now realise.
I think saying the word "shite" in replacement for "shit" is a lot different for meaning the N word but trying not to be offensive.

You cannot be that stupid surely ?

I think saying the word "shite" in replacement for "shit" is a lot different for meaning the N word but trying not to be offensive.

You cannot be that stupid surely ?
I was. It's now clear to me that the situations are very different. I formerly figured it was the same sort of deal as with shit/shite but I was wrong, and I do apologise. I never had any intent to offend by saying it and deliberately used what I thought was an inoffensive way of saying it to avoid causing offence, but I realise now that that's obviously not the case. I do also acknowledge that I shouldn't have even used the word in the first place, but at the time I saw no issue with it. It was a dumb, pointless mistake on my behalf that I have no intent of repeating and I now know that there's no real justification for using racist words. The two are the exact same and changing a few letters doesn't negate the harsh meaning of the word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next ban you receive for anything similar will be non-appealable.

Use your brain

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please be advised it is extremely rare for us to unban a second permanent appeal so please be careful going forward!

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back