What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Permanent Ban Appeal - Theo Kelvin (Unbanned 10/01/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Name

Theo Kelvin

Steam ID

Please provide a link to your previous denied appeal.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/65316-permanent-ban-appeal-theo-kelvin-denied/#comment-381874
In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.

The Beginning

This whole fiasco started when I was a fresh young medic, starting out on the team with CMO Mark and CMO Lharmon at the helm of the ship (so to say). I had played a lot as a medical student with a few medic teachers (I can't remember what they were supposed to be called) so I was fast tracked to FA within a few days of joining. Was I ready for that promotion? No, no I wasn't. My first fuck up started with the police and a new student I had taken under my wing, we decided to test the medical applications of a taser on another student. Needless to say it ended up with blood everywhere and bodies on the floor. After a quick bit of medical attention the wounded students we decided to go into the hospital to check on some patients!... So we drove up on our "medical quad-bike" and managed to get ourselves lodged in the sliding doors. I was new and closed the doors on our poor stuck quad-bike in a desperate attempt to get ourselves unstuck. A loud explosion occurred as a result and many people died.

Neo was watching (and streaming) this all on admin cam the entire time. The medical staff of Altis we're quick to respond with GPs and CMOs both telling me how much of an idiot I was. However Lharmon and Mark were nice to me and decided that I should just be demoted to student for a while (remember this), so back in the medical hatchback with my Dane friend it was (I can't remember who it was but he was really nice)!

So after a while I was back to FA and then I fucked up again. This time in TS, people were changing their names to all kinds of things, Lharmon came in and said "if you change your name again you will get removed from the NHS"... You can see where I'm going with this. Me and GenuineAF decided to change our names to... Lharmon. (smart move I know right). So he removed us from the medics, he was quite disappointed with me, especially after giving me another chance the other week. He removed us from the medics and this is were some bad affiliations come in. GenuineAF decided it was a good idea to call Lharmon a nazi. That ended up as well as you think it would have. After banning him from the server he told me that I would be able to re-take the test to get into the medics after a few weeks and that he would be happy to take me back in then.

A thought then came to me being, 'I've already done the test, isn't it really unfair because I already know the answers?". I went to Lharmon with this and he was so impressed (can't think of a better word) by my maturity in this aspect that right then and there he took me back into the medic force. This is where I assumed that me and Lharmon were best of friends. Obviously we weren't but I have autism, I have quite mild autism and at this stage of my life I am very high functioning, I've learnt a lot from these experiences but at the time I didn't really know that he was just being kind, I took it as a kind of super friendship sign (btw I don't want to present this as an excuse, it's more something I mention so you can understand my thought process better). We played Cards against Humanity together on game nights and stuff and generally got on well. 

Then I fucked up again, I honestly can't remember if it was in game or TS but I did enough to get demoted to student for 2 months, at this stage I decided just to leave the medics for a while, I kept on messing up (this was within 3 weeks of being in the medics). So with that I packed my bags and left Kavala hospital, to be by myself in the world!  

How I really fucked up

After these events me and Lharmon weren't on particularly good terms. I made it worse for myself in teamspeak as when I was in the help channel helping people out (this was when non-support could and I was with Ram and Puppy the entire time keeping logs of the people I helped to make sure I didn't spread bad information) when I see Lharmon changed his name to something that wasn't CMO Lharmon, I messaged him saying "You should be careful changing your name people might be able to impersonate you", I then changed my name to CMO Lharmon and messaged him saying "see" before changing my name back to Theo Kelvin/Kelvidore (I cant' remember exactly what name I was using). For me I saw this as a friend trying to help out a friend, I was just trying to make sure that no-one was malicious towards him by stealing his name and pretending to be him. He saw it as I was impersonating him in an official help room, that didn't help our relation and from there it only got worse.

I couldn't convey to him that I wasn't trying to do anything like that, he then said (in what I thought was a joking tone) message me again and I'll blacklist you from the NHS. I thought "hahah nice joke Lharmon". So I replied saying something along the lines of "lol" or "hahah". He then didn't respond to me.

A few days later I was on late at night and was just chilling on the teamspeak, doing some late night server 1 weed runs, as you do. When someone approached me saying that he had leaked NHS emails, I thought (I'm just saying I didn't realize the implications of this or the seriousness of that I, nor that person was doing, I was still fairly new to the community so to speak and had never seen the kind of malicious/nasty things that people do to some members of the community) lol that would be cool. So I stupidly decided to say "yeah sure I'll have a look at those email addresses".

I remember looking up two people. One being Danish, to which I found his youtube channel under the name "Humvee" and Lharmons to which I found a facebook account. This facebook account didn't belong to him though, it belonged to his mother. 

I then the next day messaged Danish saying "hey humvee" as I thought, hey it might be funny/cool to call them by this kind of secret cool name (I didn't really realize how it could effect some people, the feeling of having their privacy breached. I never really thought of it that way, mainly due to it being given to me so freely by this one user I thought "hey it can't be that bad to use these names haha") he responded asking "how did you get that name?", I told him that it was magic and to call Lharmon by *insert email username here* to "freak him out" I didn't mean it in a sense of actually freaking him out, at that time I still saw us as friends in a way and thought "ha this will be funny he'll be like "ha how'd you get that hahahahha"." Obviously it didn't play out like I thought it would in my head. I then also mentioned to him that I had his Moms facebook as well.

Once again I want to stress how much I didn't mean that maliciously, I seriously misread signals that were given to me and fucked up, but hey I made my bed so I guess I do have to lie in it.

I was then moved into a separate channel by ArrogantBread. Lharmon felt as if this was a personal attack against him, after he blacklisted me from the NHS a few days ago, this was when it dawned on me that I had misread Lharmons signals towards me. He thought that as I had just been blacklisted following a nasty NHS leaving that I was out to seek revenge. (Which I really wasn't I really can't stress this enough and if @Pvt Lharmon you're reading this I want to again say sorry. I really can't say it enough, I really do mean it, and I really am.) I thought it was all a kind of funny joke, due to my autism I had never been taught about this kind of thing so this was a new situation to me. (Once again not to try to say it to excuse my actions). And at the time I was confused about why they were upset, I fully understand now and I regret at the time how long it took for me to understand why it could have been interpreted as malicious towards Luke. (I'd just also like to say that a GP played "I knew you were trouble when you walked in" during this and that I applaud you for that)

I was then banned from TS by Bread and banned in game following my appeal. I can see why completely, by not reporting this leak I left the NHS members open for attack so to say and for that I am so sorry. If anyone has been effected by this I am sorry.

What have you been upto in the last 6 months+ ?

Mainly school and dealing with health problems.

Why do you want to return ?

There are quite a few different reasons for me wanting to return. Firstly there is no other community like this out there. No other community compares to this, this is the best community for roleplaying full stop. Secondly I really feel that I owe something back to the community, I want to be one of those really nice guys that you always see helping and generally being nice, the ones with great roleplay that make you proud to be apart of this community *cough cough Ram and Puppy*. It's also because I want to prove that I'm not one of those people. You know the ones that get banned for doing something stupid, then decide that it was the admins fault that they broke the rules? Yeah I want to show that I'm not really one of those people and that I'm actually a mature serious player not one of those people that I (and I assume most of the community) is glad to see rid of.

Why should we unban you ?

I personally feel that I should be unbanned, to have a second chance, I don't assume you've ever been in my situation FFG but I can really tell you that I feel shit about myself. Like really from the bottom of my hear I am sorry and I really want to make it back up to the community that I let down.

I've always been a good roleplayer, (ask old man Ram about finding Atlantis to ask for wishes), never had a report against me, I'm a very honest person I've never tried to hide anything and have always been keen to help out of the community. I said the wrong things and the wrong times and made the worst mistake of my life, I really never wanted to hurt the community and I made a mistake and for that I am very sorry. I feel typed words can't really do saying sorry justice but I really do mean it. I really want to give back to this community that has shown me such kindness and so many fun times. I sometimes go to Vladic's stream and I see the people who follow with their horrible names and I don't want to be included in the bag of those people, so I beg of you for another chance to prove myself as someone who acts maturely and sensibly inside this community.

And believe me I'm not one of those people who will act sincere in their unban appeal, pretend they've changed then comes back gets banned within two months for something similar then goes on a full salt fueled spree of nastiness. Unfortunately the only thing that I can offer to show my change in maturity and honest nature apart from my word is my commitment to my teamspeak ban which I have kept getting re-applied when my teamspeak UID changes, I hope this can help serve as a sign of my changing attitudes/maturity. Thank you for reading, If you decided you can't unban me I understand. - Theo

Please confirm this unban request is for you.

Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.

Yes

I confirm 6 months+ have passed since my denied appeal.

Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's right to leave this to the community manager.

Okay I decided to move everything upto the actual appeal, I feel it makes things easier. Here's my original unban:

I understand that you probably can't unban me, but I hope you at least consider it. Thank you again for reading and dealing with this, it's quite a lot of text to read through and probably a difficult decision for you to make.

also sorry for all the aviation puns...

Hi @Theo K

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the time taken to reply to this appeal - Christmas, family time etc and now catching up.

I note from your original unban appeal you stated you were not ready to return: I commend you for knowing that you needed time before returning.

It's not often I read such an honest and heartfelt unban appeal as this. Firstly, I commend you for taking time to think about the events surrounding your ban appeal and processing them as it seems you've done. I can see you've taken time to reflect and understand why your actions caused distress to other people and the reasoning for your ban.

I also respect that you've been very candid with your comments regarding the fact you suffer from Autism, I can appreciate that relationships can be tough and that misinterpretations can occur and while we don't expect you to share this type of personal information with us, I appreciate you being so frank and honest.

With that said, you know that you've made silly mistakes and it's noted that you've addressed them and apologised.

Theo: I love this community - I take a lot of time to process these appeals - If I make a wrong decision it hurts the community and while from time to time that will undoubtedly happen, I like to think I'm fair, understanding and generally make the right decision. In your case, given your appeal and the effort you've put into it I'm inclined to believe that you do have a place here and you won't repeat mistakes of the past.

BUT...

We need to ensure that this NEVER happens again. I take a very dim view of re-offenders (especially when I've unbanned them) so any re-offence will disappoint me greatly. For that reason, I propose the following terms:

• No joining of whitelisted factions for 3 months
  • You are on 'probation' for 3 months - one false move and it's a ban
  • You keep in touch (via forum PM or TS) with me.
The last point in the list is most unusual, however, If you are ever unsure as to how to react to a situation or you have any concerns, I want you to reach out to me and discuss. I believe this community can be a great place to help your personal development and provide you with a positive long term place for you to meet great people and enjoy yourself - so don't go off and do anything silly and spoil it.

Please post your acceptance of the above terms and we'll get you unbanned.

Thank you a lot for this opportunity, It means a lot. I can promise you I won't let it be a mistake for you.

Just a one thing with "probation" I assume that's basically no reports against me and nothing bad being said, could you just clarify as to exactly what that is, I'm sure I'll agree to it I just want us to be clear with what exactly it is.

I agree to the rest of the terms, I've read through the rules again just to keep myself updated as I know that there have been quite a lot of changes since I was banned.

Here is my Steam ID:

And my Teamspeak UID:

lj5htntzoi76KXIYfIbMzl03isk=

Also I'd prefer to just stay on this forum account rather than go back to my old one, bit more of a fresh start, if that's ok with you.

-Theo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back