What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Phone DND Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricosky

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

Give Phones the option to turn on do not disturb, also make it so that phonecalls don't force you to pull out your phone.

Detailed Suggestion:

Make Do Not Disturb an option in the phone settings, enabling this would block any phone calls and text messages and instead put little notifications on the corner of the apps' icons. Also, make it so that you don't immediately pull out your phone when receiving a phone call, just show a little bit of the phone screen with the number/caller name and only pull out the phone when you pick up.

The Pros:

No more phones forcing you to stop mid chase

People can't check who you are by calling your phone and forcing you to pull out your mobile phone

Prevents people bugging out in certain scenarios when receiving phonecalls (i.e. when in the clothing menu)

The Cons:

None that I can think

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

It would make it impossible to ID people by their phone ringing

+1… Cant count the amount of times ive crashed on my bike going 160mph while getting a phone call while turning…

+1… Cant count the amount of times ive crashed on my bike going 160mph while getting a phone call while turning…
Use no mouse controll and that's fixed, but I agree that getting phone calls during a situation such as in prison or shooting someone, or even when you go undercover you should be able to turn your phone off for calls.

+1 Would be very useful especially when you're in the middle of RP and a phone call can really put you off a train of thought. As said above you can also change to mouse control but there should be a viable option for both instead of one being pretty much deadly.

+1 would very useful, would help with creating more in depth scenarios in RP and the flow of meetings etc. 

100% this. The amount of times i've had to restart the fivem because i got a phone call while i was buying clothes etc. I like the idea of the phone popping up slighty to tell you whos calling but just the top of the screen. I've seen this on i think the nopixel server when i've watched a few RPer's and seems like a good idea and looks nicer. 

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.......yes please.  I hate having to answer my phone to people and can't ignore or put on silent like I do with my work phone 🙂

I would love to be able to send them this response by rejecting their call;
thank-you-thank-you-not-today.gif

This mod could also be added automatically the moment you don't have a phone with you or if you are offline.

Can say it is annoying the amount of times I have lost my phone due to respawning or taking by cops and I can still hear the phone that I do not have with me ringing 

This completely. Was in a heated situation as G6 and some idiot had my number and called me about 70 times and I had to literally wait until he stopped before I could throw my phone and continue RP by that time I was dead. Blocking contacts. DND. Anything! 

+1 I've had a few meetings over the past couple of days and both me and the other people were constantly recieveing calls and texts which made it very frustrating. In real life we both would of had our phones on DND in that situation.

Implemented​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back