What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Physical Bodycameras for Police / NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

YuWong

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

A weightless item that the Police / NHS carry upon their person, which permits them to record actions that happen within RP (and potentially when in the hands of a civilian permits them to record things too, however not too focussed on that initially)

Detailed Suggestion:

Police / NHS have a bodycam that they hold in their possession when on patrol, instead of /me rips off bodycam, which is a silly and somewhat quick way to revoke the recording of a police officer, instead they remove the item from their possession (usually when being robbed.) it would then be up to the person taking the bodycam to dispose of it.

This would then remove the right for the officer within RP to use that footage, but also would give them a chance to get it back. (A police officer is robbed, but the suspect is apprehended a short while after, and a bodycamera is discovered on them. The officer then regains the right to use the footage stored on that item)

https://streamable.com/0bdgnx

The Pros:

Would make "bodycam" a more real thing, and police would have to have one on them to be able to Roleplay that they have bodycam footage.

People would take it from them when they are being robbed

Fairly aesthetic item with no real purpose apart from RP

The Cons:

A way to identify whos bodycam it is and when it was last dropped would be ideal but maybe harder to implement (this would stop X getting a bodycam from Officer A, giving it to Y and then Officer B claiming its their bodycam and they have evidence of a robbery they did on it)

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No really, watch the video

https://streamable.com/0bdgnx

FORGOT TO ADD, IF WE USED THE SCRIPT IN THE VIDEO, IT WOULD HAVE AN OVERLAY AND PROVE THE OFFICER WAS RECORDING AND IF IT WAS TAKEN IT WOULD BE GONE, IT WOULD ALSO MEAN OFFICERS WOULD HAVE TO TURN IT ON MEANING EVIDENCE IN CELLS / COURT WOULD HAVE A NICE OVERLAY OF POLICE BODYCAM

I agree with this my only thought is does this aslo apply with the public as i always hear the same thing from the public as well

I agree with this my only thought is does this aslo apply with the public as i always hear the same thing from the public as well
The public as far as I'm aware can't use any footage they record, they either A. Need to have their phone in their hand the whole time.

B. They need to be in a place that CCTV would be there, like Hospital, Police Cells etc

Great minds think alike

The public as far as I'm aware can't use any footage they record, they either A. Need to have their phone in their hand the whole time.

B. They need to be in a place that CCTV would be there, like Hospital, Police Cells etc
From all the reports i see that barely happens but i guess that would be in a perfect world 😂

Agreeing with this, and also hijacking the suggestion slightly by adding dashcams to Police/NHS vehicles, if you're daft enough to rob/kill/threaten a cop or NHS right in front of their vehicle, bodycam footage should still be a thing that can be used. (It's also something that is very easy to get around, which adds another element of realism.

From all the reports i see that barely happens but i guess that would be in a perfect world 😂
Reports are different. Rulebreaks are OOC matters and you don't need a "bodycam" to do it.,

Within RP for something to be admitted as evidence, or used in RP it needs to be tracked

but would evidence still be submitted that's is like cars and cctv despite not having body cams could it be used? as criminals still cant steal that 

Implemented (Model only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back