What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Player - Assisting NHS?

Cowboy Chip

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Yesterday, I watched a player who was running around Kavala reviving people.  His tag read, his name without his rank in the NHS, and "Assisting NHS" under his name.    and he was wearing a blue safety vest.  Not a NHS uniform. 

Not that I was bothered by this, to much, Just wondering if there was a rule change regarding NHS clothing, tags, etc...  Or is this accepted as just in good fun and RP?

I belive we are thinking of a same person,i do belive that guy was just wanted to see how the NHS operates and was mabey given some special permissions? but i was a guy running along w nhs and he didnt had any red tags as u mentioned..

I'm under the impression that this guy is currently too young to apply for the NHS who chooses to spend some of his time as a civilian driving around and bloodbagging / stretchering injured people - often assisting any online medics with 'grouping' patients / letting them know if situation is clear.

He's a civ so just made a gang called Assisting NHS and chooses to wear the high-vis

I'm under the impression that this guy is currently too young to apply for the NHS who chooses to spend some of his time as a civilian driving around and bloodbagging / stretchering injured people - often assisting any online medics with 'grouping' patients / letting them know if situation is clear.

He's a civ so just made a gang called Assisting NHS and chooses to wear the high-vis
All well and good if he wants to do that.  A good way to learn, and like I said, I have no real issues with it other than does he have Permission to revive as a civ?  which is what I saw him doing.   Better question would be, are civ's allowed to revive?  I didn't think so but maybe the rules have changed?

If they are, then I would think that anybody who didn't make the cut, or was to young would be running around playing medics...  You can see how that would impact not only the NHS, but the players who choose the medic life...

Not trying to ruin the kids fun, or create any drama for sure.  You know me and hopefully know That's not my gig.  I just found it curious when I saw a civ. reviving people.

All well and good if he wants to do that.  A good way to learn, and like I said, I have no real issues with it other than does he have Permission to revive as a civ?  which is what I saw him doing.   Better question would be, are civ's allowed to revive?  I didn't think so but maybe the rules have changed?

If they are, then I would think that anybody who didn't make the cut, or was to young would be running around playing medics...  You can see how that would impact not only the NHS, but the players who choose the medic life...

Not trying to ruin the kids fun, or create any drama for sure.  You know me and hopefully know That's not my gig.  I just found it curious when I saw a civ. reviving people.
Good question - the functionality may have changed since I last checked but I believe that when there’s no medics on, any civilian can revive using a defibrillator purchased from the hospital

Yeah - factions can revive using their Medkit when no medics online as well as civilians can with defibs. When there is medics online SUR+ can revive using defibs at hospitals as long as the medic is more than 1km away - however this only works when logged in as civilian

Good question - the functionality may have changed since I last checked but I believe that when there’s no medics on, any civilian can revive using a defibrillator purchased from the hospital

And the chap in question I spoke to in-game he was just helping out as a patient transport, bringing all the downed players to 1 central area to assist the NHS.

Hmm, well, if that is the case, then no harm done.  I guess.  And I didn't see if there were any medics on at the time as I got kicked due to ping spike.  Which is why I have not been on more.

And the chap in question I spoke to in-game he was just helping out as a patient transport, bringing all the downed players to 1 central area to assist the NHS.
If we are talking about the time I saw him?  no, he was reviving...  two people that I saw...  What he was doing out side of that I cannot say.

@Cowboy Chip

He just defibed the guys when no medics where online and whilst they where he blooded and transported, I dont see the problem? 

as a civilian ur not only allowed ur only able to save ur friends using a defib, the second a medic comes online the function will dissapear by the way, there is no abuse possible to my knowledge..

He just defibed the guys when no medics where online and whilst they where he blooded and transported, I dont see the problem? 
Did I say this was a problem?  I don't recall saying this was a problem.  I was just asking a question which I do believe was answered.  But thanks for the comment  ;-)

That Guy would be me. I'm not trying to be like a fake medic as a civi or anything, I'm just helping the NHS Medics out by keeping the injured alive and transporting the patients to the medics themselves or to the Hospitals the medics tell me to take them to. I'd love to join the NHS but unfortunately like some of you said I'm too young and I have to wait for some months to go by, but I still would like to have a part in helping the community like the NHS have, this is why I wanted to help them out and be like a volunteer. Also I wanted to start doing this so I can gain experience for when I do look to apply for the NHS in the future. I'm getting to know more people including the NHS team and I'm getting to do ride alongs as well with a few of them. I only use defibs when there are no medics on duty, I like to help the community  🙂 I hope this isn't a problem? If you'd like me to change anything then sure. Emers 

Last edited by a moderator:
and like I said, I have no real issues with it other than does he have Permission to revive as a civ?  which is what I saw him doing.   Better question would be, are civ's allowed to revive?  I didn't think so but maybe the rules have changed?
@Cowboy Chip

Did I say this was a problem?  I don't recall saying this was a problem.
@Cowboy Chip , I might misunderstand and if so my bad, but I think you did say it 🙂 

=-=

@YesitbeEmers 

Its no problem at all my man, If ur having a blast doing it its all good and fair! much appreciated even! 

@Helix_ Thats good to hear! I am doing this pretty much everyday and I am enjoying every minute of it so cheers for letting me know that I can carry on with helping the NHS! See you on the island at some point then 👍

@Helix_   You have  😉 but no worries.   Quote,  "I have no real issues". 

And the "other than",  was just a question, as I was not sure if maybe the rules had changed, or I misunderstood their intent.

@YesitbeEmers, You seem to be within the guidelines, and following the rules so have fun.  😉 Look foreword to seeing you in the game. 

As a former paramedic, IRL, I was often assigned student's from time-to-time.  Was nice to have the extra help if things got crazy.   I commend you for taking the initiative to learn the rules, and gain the experience.   Learn well, follow the rules and you will probably be a nice addition to the NHS.

Back