What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Player Owned Garages - Car Customisation

Rot

Player Owned Garages – Car Customisation

Introduction

I want to start my suggestion off by saying thank you to the developers that have listened and implemented previous suggestions. These have severely improved quality of life at player owned garages; Auto Exotic / Tire Nutz. I want to continue by saying that I joined this community seven months ago, immediately joining other players to run a mechanic shop. Since then, we’ve done a lot of brainstorming of how a player owned mechanic business could upgrade cars while simultaneously adding more interaction within the city.

Brief Summary

·         Four new items are implemented – “Body Part”, “Performance Part”, “Interior Part”, “NoS     Kit”

·          A new factory is implemented in the city to craft the parts listed above

·         A new storage to be implemented at the PoGs for the new items listed above, I will name this “Part Storage” throughout this suggestion.

·         Customers of a Player Owned Garage can park their vehicle up at a designated location and interact with a laptop to take them into a ‘virtual space’ to customize their vehicle

·         After the customer is finished customizing their vehicle, they will save their selections and exit the ‘virtual space’. From the upgrades they selected a total amount of: Body,   Performance and Interior parts are returned.

·         PoG staff can see the order and quote the customer based on the number of parts required.

·         PoG staff will then then install the parts based on the order, take payment, and then release the car to the customer

Detailed Suggestion

PoG Customisation Location

Auto Exotic

j29fqe0ryshH1XYVQuD9a1-1GnV7FAEnMCoy3XSL1OmpLnLwDNbW-C3SpacaHKTM5qFYwyuvlWFjyEsJcm2WMYcmY6gqT0sUjE0K6QHRayote7GT2O7qCP5f4PIX5jxMOpmAcpC8

Tire Nutz

5xVUILJ5WZ5h6KTgIVgGPxtslqOt9P2Bv6M4VT-0KwfL2VxhpckJNg79500Tke0dfjMIwOsY6C2ywqSiGWZfpOTuzvKPh2YFZlvhY_nEgC3H_Dg-xCTSuo9hvgeYv6sduraV0TLL

A - The spot where the customer parks the vehicle they want to customize

B -  Laptop where the mechanic can send the customer into virtual space

‘Virtual Space’

Once the customer has parked their vehicle in the designated spot, a mechanic can interact with a laptop to send the customer into ‘virtual space’. This will function like how testing a car works at a vehicle dealership. The customer is transported into a different space where they can customize and upgrade their vehicle. Once done they will be able to save their selections. 

While the customer is upgrading their vehicle a running total will  be kept of how many performance, body and interior parts are needed. This running total will be sent to a mechanic tablet.

EnHn0x0ChMV1D-barnJPcAyfPjhNxjwl6o5Zm5cZhJ28oXw_Yz0Oc_Z0RLWY4oqwrpsM9CnLdmY4ipRncsPnfstGPS_DO3-PxXv5gODjCIWtZ6ggp6w45d0oweZW5X79-oawrkDv

Mechanic Tablet

A staff member of a PoG has access to a mechanic tablet. Once the customer has saved their selection, an order will be created on the tablet. It will detail the customer’s name, number and the amount of parts needed to upgrade the vehicle as well as the suggested price.

Client System

oW-7HOqqBDKIBpHpb96YL3m6BDH3CUIStaL4PgV6cXkc5aN8jFSLDpwu7G3TEIWdfaBmux7dLVSAkhaJ0JEF-u5W2QkklkSks-QgEXLc2IsmWguYaZM9b5bvezrzxWS4Ijq6yjCo

How to Install Parts?

Once the vehicle is in the designated area, the mechanic will use their “Archie Eye” to start the upgrading process. This can only happen when there is an order for it on the mechanic tablet. The mechanic will then use their “Archie Eye” to install the parts in different locations. The performance parts are installed at the engine bay. The body parts are installed towards the side of the vehicle as well as the interior parts

Mechanical parts do not have to be in the inventory of the mechanic, they will be automatically removed from the parts storage at the PoG.

The Factory

To craft these new mechanical parts, a special workbench will be required. I suggest this be located at the power plant to the north west of los santos. This will also benefit the player telemetry, allowing for more activities outside of the city. In the image listed below, I have marked area ‘A’ for where the workbench to be placed.

As for crafting these parts I am not too sure, I have not had a lot of experience with what materials are in the city. However this is my base suggestion below:
A2YVftTKEEWsbSe0DNmeXNwiSn5Prh1OVgvM7GsmF8dofPjzqH7JKjoACO2HN6MVA-Lyc7W4m--08jGdNwjfmEQHVbbIsFOsyF0BUA2Xj-ju1C4w9pa_d6_YaKbITsXdcxJhlpvx
AspD4CwsepBoUJR-GXUp76lX_CSBNfbmfa-B4N5rwd4vcYCL693SCIRKSYbGWWGWUtn88NiSZP3XHT8pbq8vqJ8OZZuqLvmfMoAuWS-zY7dQQInW0Utb-NUGMXZvuUjvk-7xEqhG

• Interior Part - Leather + Plastic
  • Body Part - Steel + Plastic
  • Performance Part - Steel + Oil

NoS Kit

Currently in the city NoS is limited to a select few vehicles. I prefer the idea that this is something very minimal. To keep NoS a selective item, a PoG should only be able to receive a certain amount a month. The NoS Kit can be installed in the designated area of a PoG. The NoS kit will not last forever. It will only have a certain amount of uses before the tank is empty and needs to be installed again.

The Pros

• Allows for more legal roleplay
  • Creates more interactions outside of the PoG (Needing to Buy Mechanical Parts)
  • Allows for more mechanic roleplay
  • Creates an Income for PoGs, not relying on car raffling or outside jobs
  • NoS allows for cooler moments in the racing scenes
  • Improves player telemetry by moving players outside of the city

The Cons

• Large amount of Dev work
  • Period of time needing to find the right balance of crafting recipes

Does this suggestion change the balance of the server?

Yes

Wow honestly i think this would add soo much dept to mechanics and not just that it will also add more roleplay opportunities since if people want a mod they will have to go to a mechanic shop to do it instead of just going bennys and upgrading it instantly and not only that it also helps trucking company's with more bussiness potential regarding the crafting of these parts to sell to the shop.

The only thing i would say should be different is maybe the virtual space should only be accessible to employees and they can put the mods in just to be safe maybe the customer might put some other mods that are in stock on the shop so it might scam some mods or something and maybe it might be easier for devs (not sure about this just wondering).

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to see this I put through a request for something like this a while back but this is a lot more in depth. I have seen something like this before and it brought so much more rp interaction with other players and also added a nice legal job that people could do which made it a nice change

I've seen this come up often in the year I've been on GTA. I remember the King brothers proposing a modification/garage business near the beach and I too have discussed the idea before with others showing a keen interest.

One question AutoExotic staff get asked by people is "what can you do here? can you mod cars?" and we have to lead them to the mod shop - taking them from a location of roleplay to an automated system in a garage. The icon on the map is more commonly a "pay n spray / mod shop" icon so might be why.

What I like about the idea is it's not just a feature that sits at AE and TireNutz and benefits nobody else. It creates a whole new work stream. Mining materials, precious materials for more premium modifications, manufacturing items. How many players go mining then find there isn't an easy way to do anything with these materials? Mr White used to buy, but isn't a thing anymore. Jewellery shop is gone. People work in teams to mine and smelt for weapon manufacture but could easily work in a similar way to keep this part of an economy going. Additionally this opens up roleplay for a number of Player Owned Garages. There could be a place that is exclusive for bikes, exclusive for larger vehicles etc.

Even if there was a gradual implementation of this. For example, it's just resprays, then add wheels, then add cosmetics, then performance mods it would be good.

The only thing i would say should be different is maybe the virtual space should only be accessible to employees and they can put the mods in just to be safe maybe the customer might put some other mods that are in stock on the shop so it might scam some mods or something and maybe it might be easier for devs (not sure about this just wondering).
The way this was looked as was the customer would make a 'shopping list' for their car. Employee of the PoG then either applies the parts with available stock, or look to get that stock in. It could be that part of the order is completed and the order remains incomplete and are contacted by an employee when that part is then available. Something along those lines

Would love to see this, i already have so many sick Cars i wanna customize. i would instantly convert my forza car into gta cuz it looks sick XD im 100% for this 100/10 would dip my potato in the juice again.

Would be a great addition! The current way of upgrading cars is dull and offers nothing more than GTA online. Bringing roleplay to it would 100% be a fantastic thing to do

Back