What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Player Owned Mod Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeonRaider

Brief Summary:

Add the opportunity for people to purchase mod shops (i.e. Bennys etc.) like you can local shops and car dealers.

Detailed Suggestion:

Have it so there are some mod shops like the one that is by Auto Care and some others north of the map that are owned by Locals/Players where you can only do Low Tier upgrades and the others like Bennys etc. can do High Tier upgrades.

So Low Tier for example for upgrading brakes can only upgrade to street level brakes and High Tier can upgrade to race level brakes. Low Tier mod shops and only upgrade the engine to level 2 whereas High Tier can upgrade to level 4 engine.

Or you guys can set up your own way where you’ll feel it’s balanced.

The Pros:

• Adding this could expand the potential player-owned businesses.
  • It could add more ways to RP and give people a more immersive experience.

The Cons:

• If the owners of the mod shops are not online people may not be able to upgrade their cars (depending on how it gets set up).
  • Could be a bit of work to implement.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?

Yes/No (depending on how it ends up being set up).

Personally, I love the idea of this. It would bring a lot more RP to customising your vehicles if done correctly.

😄

The idea of this sounds great, but in practice I just think it could end up being really annoying.

Will the owners have limited stock of upgrade parts? Will I only be able to upgrade my car when the owners around? Can the owner alter the price per upgrade of parts to benefit himself?

My worry is that like other player owned shops at first, there will be a massive outage of stock then a huge price hike. Then we're gonna have to queue up and wait ages just to get an upgrade. I like the RP but this just feels like it would become a very lengthy process and we don't all have kinda time. Also, how would the owner be taxed on these upgrades? Kinda seems like they could easily make a shit load of bank just from owning the place.

Player owned mod shops implemented (AE & Tire Nutz)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back