What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Player owned vending machines.

Slawek

Some Hobo
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Brief Summary: Make it so the vending machines are player owned and add more of them to more places on the map so they are a common sight and become used more.

Detailed Suggestion:

So right now the few vending machines there are on the map are just simple "shops" with the same prices all around the map and an infinite supply of food/drinks in them. I think that it would a good idea to turn them into the smallest player owned businesses. With that there should also be quite a few more of them added around the island in different locations visited by players such as city hall, delivery hub, mine, smeltery etc. Players should be able to buy them for a small price compared to normal shops and be able to manage them similar to shops. They would be able to set their own prices and possibly even put in their own items (exclude items that would be too big, such as different ores, mining supplies, big tools and just in general big items, but allow small things like plastic bags, zipties etc.), ones not ordered from the warehouse. Speaking of which, deliveries to those machines should come from a new, small scale warehouse somewhere more in the center of the city and should not be done with big trucks, but rather make it so that when a player takes a delivery like that it would give them one of those duffle bags, maybe a virtual item of a supply box or maybe even nothing at all, then just have them drive to the vending maching and interact with it to resupply. This job should not be licensed and players should be able to rent a faggio scooter for a very small price. Prices for those deliveries will be set by vending machine owners, but there should be a minimum, not too high since this job would be very basic, possibly add a mention about it to the tutorial, it would be a good way to earn some quick money for new players to then move onto more rewarding, but harder jobs. Also i think that vending machnies in faction locations (tho only in places accesible only to faction members, not in open spaces like the hospital lobby or MRPD lobby, those should still be able to be bought by players) such as the police station, hospital, G6 HQ/prison, LostMC compound, possibly even gang hideouts should be controlled by leads of those factions, this would mean that they could for example offer free food to their members, items would be ordered from the faction's budget. Also, i think the council tax on those machines should be based on the location of the vending machine, for example a vending machine in the lobby of the hospital should be way more expensive then a machine somewhere in paleto/sandy.

The Pros:

- Brings a new type of player owned business, a cheaper one to allow more players to have the experience of managing their own "shop".

- Gives new player a quick and simple way to make some cash to be able to safely get into more rewarding jobs.

- Allows factions to offer their members food or free, or in times of hardship charge money for it to add into the faction's budget.

The Cons:

- Would likely cause a lot of new player to crash around the city of scooters, but i think it's worth it.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes, it does, it would open up the "business owning" experience to more players allowing them to make money without having to actively do thing, rather they would be able to just make sure their vending machine is well supplied.

(the usual "this is my personal suggestion and does not represent the views of the staff team")

great idea. 👍

But imo there needs to be a limit of how many you can own, because I have the suspicion that rich players will take over easily by just buy them one by one. 

Back