What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

PNC - Legislation has more details

As someone who knows next to nothing about the British Legislation etc the current legislation and guidelines for police in roleplay are rather lacking. The current PNC legislation gives no details or points to prove and puts people out of the know at a disadvantage compared to lawyers etc. I have heard about these points to proved and what is a certain crime or not, and what the crime we are charging with actually is and how we can prove it. Stuff like the difference between dangerous driving, careless driving etc. 

My suggestion is add a description and point to prove to the legislation. This will encompass a basic description of the crime, an example if needed. And then add points to prove, this will detail how police need to prove that crime was actually committed. 

I feel this will greatly enhance police roleplay and stop certain members including my self from being dears in headlights. I'm not asking for pages of description, just a general description of what the crime is and howe it is broken. It will al,.llow members like me with little to no external access to legislation to look at it in game and quickly reference it.

I would also like to add that you could add meta data or whatever to certain crimes so when someone searches store robbery it comes up with theft or whatever .

not sure why anyone thinks this is a bad idea and downvoted the post.

I myself have found myself wondering wtf a certain crime is especially since INGAME law does have quite a few differences from IRL laws.

defo a +1

Hey Corner Wookie, 

If unsure of a charge or getting a tough time from a lawyer get a senior officer involved. Likewise if your unsure of a charge just ask another officer in the custody suite. It gives you a chance to meet and create relationships with other officers.

Always remember no one expects you to know the law inside and out. 

Hey Corner Wookie, 

If unsure of a charge or getting a tough time from a lawyer get a senior officer involved. Likewise if your unsure of a charge just ask another officer in the custody suite. It gives you a chance to meet and create relationships with other officers.

Always remember no one expects you to know the law inside and out. 
I've had situations where I was seemingly expected to know the law 

But you can google them - every law is on legislation.gov
It often seems it's different to gov legislation also as someone who has a learning disability this is not the most accessible. It's allot of detail which could just be one or two sentences . 

I am not hugely effected by this right now but would like to offer a suggestion as something in the meantime.

Get a group of you together who would like this implemented, arrange a date and time or regular dates and times to go through the website suggested above and abbreviate it yourselves as a group, keep it in a google doc and share it with the rest of the police as a reference document.

all legislation can be found here(that we have in the city) https://sites.google.com/view/lscourts/policieslegislation/legislation?authuser=0 also shows what law they are under to make everything easier, only things you can't find and are already described by someone in city is here https://sites.google.com/view/lscourts/policieslegislation/unique-legislation?authuser=0

i don't think we need a description of the legislations, the uk gov one for them are pretty decent, despite being 20+ years old 90% of them

Back