What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

police actions

dzacball

so, if police finds illegal stuff (e.g. processed heroin..) in my vehicles trunk, he sends it to the crusher.

is that a MUST ?

cops told me the other day, "if i had behaved nicely", they might have only impounded it.

now that's disgusting. that also means, i guess, that if i have a few friends among the cops,  i can do heroin rounds without any problems, because they will always be nice to me, and never crush my stuff.

shouldn't they ALWAYS crush everybodys vehicles without taking anything into account ? 

i have already left an altis life community because the cops were crushing my vehicles but not my rebel enemies, because they were friends, and i think this kind of behaviour is a major threat..

to put this simple... be nice to police and they are nice to you. Just like in real life!

(This goes to rebels, civilians and medics: If you are nice to them, they will be nice to you!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, it depends on the situation.

Number 1. 

Only SGT's and above can authorise the scrapping of a vehicle, and only SPC's or above can actually scrap a vehicle.

I'm only a PC at the moment, so if I found your vehicle, and no SGT or above was available to scrap your vehicle, I wouldn't be allowed to do it.

Number 2.

If I felt that the role play I received from the person, was either really good, or they come up with a valid reason why the vehicle shouldn't be scrapped, I might not scrap the vehicle.

Cops should never be giving special treatment to their rebel friends, and any cases of this should be reported in the Police Complaints Commission.

But really, the answer is, No... vehicles are not scrapped EVERY time they are caught with drugs in them, but in most cases they will.

If you're lucky, or smart, you might be able to get away with it just being impounded back into your garage.

Well in real life [ UK Law ] Police to crush any car what is involved in illegal activity. But in your case if you where caught with drugs we have limits when we can crush a car/truck/helicopter. But it all depends on the cop some may just give you a fine and impound. But only SPC can crush a vehicle. [ With permission from a SGT + ] Well i'm sorry this made you leave the community.  Take care.

the technical details and police hierarchy are - i beleive - irrelevant. 

what every civilian wants (just like in real world) is equal treatment.

"(...)and any cases of this should be reported" ..well, while this might be possible in the real world, how do you think one would provide evidence for "corruption" in altis life?

how can i take a screenshot or a video of a police officer being "corrupt" while being restrained in a rather noisy environment 150meters away ?

i find it very confusing, that i get my stuff crushed, while the guy next to me doing the same thing gets away with it, for whatever reason, and the only way to stop police officers treating different people differently (being "much more friendly" to people they know) is to force officers (or SGT's and above..) to crush every vehicle that has been proven to be involved in illegal activities.

bring justice..

Well i am currently a PC but i am from academy so i will give you an accurate answer. If you role play it nice and smart you can let your self off the hook and you will save your vehicle but its hard. RP everything. If your story is convincing you wont go to jail and your vehicle will be impounded.

Well i am currently a PC but i am from academy so i will give you an accurate answer. If you role play it nice and smart you can let your self off the hook and you will save your vehicle but its hard. RP everything. If your story is convincing you wont go to jail and your vehicle will be impounded.If you have further questions feel free to message me.

In all fairness video every encounter with everyone u think might be underhanded.  Its human nature. 

I wouldnt count what happened in ur situation as Corrupt on the behalf of the Police, think of it in real life, u play nice, the person who has to enforce the rules MIGHT go a bit easier on u if u catch them at the right time, if u are an ass...expect the rules to be followed VERY closely.  At least this is my experience in RL :)

Bottom line, dont do drugs ;) lol

Hang on a second, so your telling me you want police to scrap everything regardless of how well they RP? So when a heli lands in a city you want us to scrap them without any regard for the person?, police have a maximum punishment they do not have to give the maximum everytime, same as in real life every person does not get charged and then punished exactly the same.

So yes police do not have to scrap if the do not want to, it is all down to the criminals attitude, and this will never change.

Regards

CSI Fuel

Since this is a roleplay server, roleplay gets rewarded. I never scrapped vehicles when I was a police if the owner roleplayed great, made me laugh and generally made my day.

This goes for everything, from prison sentences, to fines, to scrapping of vehicles. Roleplay and get rewarded is not only within the policeforce here on the server, its a guideline most rebels, robbers and civs follow too!

i understand how roleplaying quality can affect punishment, and I find roleplaying exceptionally important.

however, when you get involved in illegal activities, your biggest fear is loosing your vehicle. authorizing the police to make a decision over days worth of money within minutes, based on their subjective roleplay experience is risky.. 

it would be completely ok for them to give smaller fines, shorter jail times, but crushing my truck just because i wasn't funny enough sounds depressing.. but maybe im alone with this

Nah man I agree with you, i tried my best to rp a similar situation the other day it culminated with them texting the owner of the vehicle to come and give me permission to drive it, i was in paros he was in kavala. 

And I even gave them a way to allow me to keep the vehicle but nah they wont have it

Not only did they crush my vehicle they sent me to prison for gun crimes 

i understand how roleplaying quality can affect punishment, and I find roleplaying exceptionally important.

however, when you get involved in illegal activities, your biggest fear is loosing your vehicle. authorizing the police to make a decision over days worth of money within minutes, based on their subjective roleplay experience is risky.. 

it would be completely ok for them to give smaller fines, shorter jail times, but crushing my truck just because i wasn't funny enough sounds depressing.. but maybe im alone with this
At the end of the day, it's down the officer you meet about whether your vehicle gets scrapped.

You could come up with the funniest, best story / reason ever, and the cop might stick to the full letter of the law and crush the vehicle.

Another cop might be a bit more lenient if he believes your story.

There are no 100% guarantees about whether the vehicle gets crushed, whether you go to prison, or get off scot-free.

I think personally it's more interesting when the situation is more ambiguous, it encourages me to role-play and be smart about how I speak to people.

If I knew that no matter what, my vehicle will get crushed and I'm sent to jail, 100% of the time without fail... doesn't that sound more depressing? I mean, I might as well not ever role-play with the cops and just try and run away every single time.

The fact that it might not happen every time means I can think... Do I run? Do I just try to talk it out? etc..

The possibility of endless possibilities makes it far more interesting in my eyes.

If I wanted mindless repetition I'd probably spend all day playing FarmVille than Altis Life.

Also, police treating rebel "friends" differently has NEVER been a problem on this server for aslong as i can remember. I've had vehicles crushed and been sent to jail by people I consider dear, dear friends. I've also done it myself to people I consider dear, dear friends.

Maybe its because police that are on patrol knows they are constantly watched, by the partner they patrol with, by a random hobo hiding in a bush.. And everyone can record. Maybe its because the police are all whitelisted and most of them are great roleplayers and great people.

Being a police officer on this server means you have great powers, but also a lot of accountability. Higher ranks of police (SGT and above) would not easily throw their career in the shitter.

"If I knew that no matter what, my vehicle will get crushed and I'm sent to jail, 100% of the time without fail... doesn't that sound more depressing? I mean, I might as well not ever role-play with the cops and just try and run away every single time."

i would be happy to roleplay to achieve a smaller fine and shorter jail times.. but as i said, my vehicle is a too high price to pay for a police officer in a bad mood.

but i understand your arguments.. i guess we have different views..

Back