What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police bail system

Gary Atkin

So today i was thinking as this server is based on the UK law then i think the city should have the UK law bail system as we all know there is hardly any solicitors online at the time of an arrest so we can not argue certain cases we jut bite the bullet and accept the punishment.. this will allow solicitors to be able to get more money they would be more interaction and also more educational for officers as they will be learning everyday 

what i was thinking maybe if we allowed people to be bailed for 72 hours so the police can gather all the proof they need and aswell as criminals been able to get a brief to argue certain cases if they fail to show up after the 72 hours then a warrent would be issued and more charges been added and maybe have some sort of bail bond also. obv the most worst criminals where police think that if bailed they would reoffend then bail should be deninded this would then allow people to maybe not commit crimes while on bail as they would know that they would be charged with even more offences 

its just an idea and this post is open to even more suggestions regarding this.

I do like the idea, although can the police workload keep up with it AND what % of criminals wouldn't meet suitability for bail baring in mind the number who reoffend, previously continued to be on the run from police and the number of offences that are quite serious? It couldn't be something that would then be abused because it's too much for cops to keep up with therefore people getting away with it.

For those who are not suitable for bail IRL are put on remand, but the problem with this is that an investigation takes 1:1 in game time vs IRL time. An investigator and solicitor cannot speed through a case quicker as they collate what evidence they have, reading information etc - yet the time in prison is 1:43800 because of the 1 minute to 1 month conversion. Therefore, it might take you a few hours to build the case but that's effectively many years in prison equivalent. 

That is true jason and i do get what you mean some people just wanna go to prison and serve there time because its just quicker it was just an idea that i had would bring abit more fun to the server but like you said it would be too time consuming and would just add loads of pressure on to the police system and also criminals abusing it and at the time i actually thought it might be a good idea but thinking about it now it would just cause more hassle than its worth was just a thought

Back