What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police Bail - Tag/License

Paru

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary: Effectively apply an ankle monitoring tag for those on Police Bail.

Detailed Suggestion: This is a QOL and REALISTIC suggestion surrounding those on Police Bail, something that the LSPS rarely does due to nominals frequently disappearing, the ideology behind this suggestion is to effectively apply an accessory to the player that the LSPS can track either from Lifeinvader or from a Police Station, the ankle monitor can be cut as well sending a Police Dispatch to the nominals last location using a REDACTED item for example, the tag would only be trackable every 5 minutes as a balance, the idea would be to improve the quality of RP between crims and cops and also giving cops a chance to track those on bail and utilise Police Bail a lot more frequently for larger more serious cases (Murder for example)

In addition to the above the Bail would have to be run through a judge (Of whomst would set the bail conditions) and can only be applied by an Inspector+ to start with, yes it can be a powerful system which is why I mentioned methods of ditching the tag (cutting it) it's an added realism aspect to the Police Service in my opinion and would grant much higher quality RP from cops as well as providing crims with better RP, then comes the extended interactions of having the crims friends cut the tag off, this will hopefully reduce the amount of people going in for extended sentences and thus also allow them to provide RP outside of Prison, especially as folks complain about the "lack of Prison RP".

The Pros:

Realism

QOL

Higher Quality of RP

The Cons:

Development Work

Balance required

Police Work for Cops

Training for Cops

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Yes.

+1, I think it could create some good roleplay, for example instead of just locking someone up for an extended sentence judges could impose bail conditions to let people roleplay whilst still being somewhat kept from doing crime

+1, I think it could create some good roleplay, for example instead of just locking someone up for an extended sentence judges could impose bail conditions to let people roleplay whilst still being somewhat kept from doing crime
I don't think it would work in this way. Bail is an investigative tool, not a criminal sanction; it wouldn't be for a judge to impose a tag requirement after the person has been found guilty and convicted of a crime.

+1 to the idea overall though, more tools to increase RP are always welcome

I don't think it would work in this way. Bail is an investigative tool, not a criminal sanction; it wouldn't be for a judge to impose a tag requirement after the person has been found guilty and convicted of a crime.

+1 to the idea overall though, more tools to increase RP are always welcome
My bad, I misconstrued bail with license, but either way I think it'd be good to have either implemented

Back