What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police Corruption Rule 16/05/23

coming into this reply with full positivity and appreciation for this rule being in place,

what will this mean for situations as the one that i will list shortly? furthermore, i cant quite grasp if this rule means that those who roleplay corruption will get banned or what? furthermore can we get a bit more explanation regarding what the staff and management will allow regarding roleplaying corruption, what are the requirements for management to allow for this type of rp to happen? will it be those who have a clean record and have been clear of any FBS?

finally, does this rule apply at all for gruppe 6? im aware that this does say 'Police Corruption Rule' however gruppe 6 and police fall under that category of server whitelisted factions against the crims. Gruppe 6 officers have access to equipment and armoury similar to an FTOC trained officer. I think this section of this reply may also help others learn about what is and isnt allowed, a Police rule states that the Police are not allowed to willingly sell their equipment, if a strong roleplay story is present then exchanges can be made. Does this rule also apply to gruppe 6? 

onto the scenario at mind:

(in a secluded area away from the city) an officer is on patrol, a car speeds past with an armed criminal inside, the officer turns on his lights and sirens preparing for a traffic stop and clearly states so over his radio, meaning units will be aware of the officer and his current occupation. the criminal inside the vehicle speeding past decides to pull over and speak to the officer. as the criminal steps out of the vehicle, he points a pdw firearm at the officer and tells him to stick his hands up for the purpose of his life. the officer steps out of the car and puts his hands up. the officer is zip tied and blind folded. the officer is placed in the back of the criminal vehicle. the criminal leaves the police car and drives away to an empty area away from any phone signal. roleplay then occurs of the criminal threatening the officer to supply him with police equipment such as glocks, vests, defibs etc... 

would such idea be classed as 'forcing an officer to roleplay corruption' or what? maybe powergaming?

feel free to answer the questions listed in this reply...
Its fine to be robbed, but if you then get back to the station and no longer have a threat to your life, then you cant continue to provide that person your equipment, even if you had to lie and say you will to get back alive, or even if you get offered a lot of money and you are broke. 

It doesn't just include equipment, seized items, evidence. It includes information, quid pro quo arrangements, police dumping PIC's, bribes etc..

It is important to note there is a distinction to be made on a case by case basis if the action falls into one of two categories. You have corruption, and you have misconduct. The rule of thumb is "Is this being done to benefit a criminal?" Police command and PSD have begun to work on a non-exhaustive list to categorise these actions.

So far it looks like this: View attachment 21052

@Qrow@CSI Greenhalgh - Can we ensure this list is tidied up, and made publicly available and update as we make judgements. 
Will do

I highly disagree on this new changes it kills so much RP bad cops exiest same as good Cops simply make it a server rule to stop handing police equipment but don't stop all corruption. humans are not perfect we all can be greedy and removing a chance to be corrupt in a game is killing the whole purpose of Roleplaying.
i met so manny corrupt cops they had some of the best rp done.

200.gif

i met so manny corrupt cops
that part of the sentence is the reason this rule exists. There was more corrupt than not corrupt

I highly disagree on this new changes it kills so much RP bad cops exiest same as good Cops simply make it a server rule to stop handing police equipment but don't stop all corruption. humans are not perfect we all can be greedy and removing a chance to be corrupt in a game is killing the whole purpose of Roleplaying.

And people who wish to do that type of roleplay will need to submit a ticket in a way that is still being confirmed by the Staff Leads and apply for permission to be corrupt.

Police Command / PSAT have zero knowledge who will be approved for it and they will still need to be caught out in game. it stops the meta of; join the police, get a gun 3 weeks in and start pocketing guns and drugs to sell back to their gang friends on other characters. we never saw "Smart" corruption as it was RP'ed very well and we never found out. as an example, Police Corruption was so rife that after a incident only 2 out of 8 firearms actually made it to evidence. the rest got pocketed. that isn't corruption that's greed and stupidity.

And people who wish to do that type of roleplay will need to submit a ticket in a way that is still being confirmed by the Staff Leads and apply for permission to be corrupt.

Police Command / PSAT have zero knowledge who will be approved for it and they will still need to be caught out in game. it stops the meta of; join the police, get a gun 3 weeks in and start pocketing guns and drugs to sell back to their gang friends on other characters. we never saw "Smart" corruption as it was RP'ed very well and we never found out. as an example, Police Corruption was so rife that after a incident only 2 out of 8 firearms actually made it to evidence. the rest got pocketed. that isn't corruption that's greed and stupidity.

simply make it a server rule to stop handing police equipment but don't stop all corruption.
(G8.2) Police may not sell their equipment, or willingly give their equipment away. If there is a strong roleplay cause, exchanges can be made. 

humans are not perfect we all can be greedy and removing a chance to be corrupt in a game is killing the whole purpose of Roleplaying
we're not removing the possibility of corruption, simply putting a "barrier" between to ensure those who are provide good RP with it, instead of just doing it for a easy money grab

its a good change, as Nikoli said its not even really a change you can still be corrupt, just have to have the staff approval via ticket first. There needs to be some control to ensure ballance 🙂 

Hoovering up weapons and just giving them to your mates isnt good RP, and from what I have read is the main reason for this "Balance, ticket submition change"

Being kidnapped by an OCG and forced to be corrupt, could lead to some great RP, which you can still do with the staff approval.

Back