What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police Helmet Changes.

Kina

Banned
Many people have came fowards and complained about the power/advantage helmets give to armed officers. Most people understand that its obvious that police have the advantage over crims, But to have a helmet that that can take anywhere between 4-9 shots to the head (estimate on the 9 but seen people saying this number a few times) its completely ruins any gun fight experience between police and crims.

Now i get you shouldn't be fighting the police anyways and if you do then you suffer from the disadvantage, but when machine guns for crims are so expensive to buy , the most realistic situation is a crim will either have a shotgun on a bike or a pistol of some form, while the police do not have to worry about losing their guns like crims do. So crims can die 1 head shot and mostly use pistols, while feds can withstand stupid amounts of head shots and use a AR. i think you can see why people are mad at the helmets power.

below i will post a clip of my personal experience against the helmet and youll understand my furstration, but im sure if other crims post there videos itll be clear how unfair/broken these items are.

so my suggestion is that police issued helmets receive a nerf, ive heard multiple ideas from many people, id like it if people were to comment there ideas below also, but i think the helmet should protect against 1 - 2 headshots before breaking, this still gives police the upper hand in fights but also makes it actually possible for crims to have some form of chance of winning/killing a cop.

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/Q00A6Wm5ewtq1/d1337IgIKiBL?invite=cr-MSx0SngsODUwMzM4NDgs

I think it's fair to look at it from both sides, some guns do better damage to the helmets and some can completely circumvent it (shotguns to the body) however I wouldn't be against a slight nerf to the helmets - 4 headshots at point blank range from any weapon should be able to kill someone even with a helmet. This shouldn't be an argument of this is too overpowered and this isn't to gunplay as at the end of the day we are here to roleplay, not play a game of deathmatch on a certain colour. Gangsters or not, the police should have a fear factor to them, especially in numbers and the helmets should hopefully re-balance things after one shot headshots were reintroduced which definitely tipped things more in favour of gangs in roleplay since the police aren't supposed to legally shoot people in the head. Overall, I'm pretty neutral on this - helmets are without a doubt a balancing tool for the police but whether the clip attached was a bug or not, they shouldn't be able to withstand 4 bullets.

In that video I actually shoot him in the face not the head also.
Whilst that's true, server limitations were the reason behind the helmet armour working even though you were aiming at his face which isn't technically covered.

I understand server limitations, from these comments I can see there are clearly 2 sides , the crims hate the helmets because it’s way to over powered, and the police like the helmets because they don’t have to worry about dying as fast. 

but when we think about it as a real life situation, if someone where to get shot in the helmet , they wouldn’t be rolling around continuing to fight instantly, maybe if there was some effect added to helmet wearers after getting headshot, abit like the contusion effect (tarkov players would know). 

I get both sides, we should avoid fighting police as often as possible and yes they should have the advantage over us, however I'm sure many would agree that police (mostly firearms and some traffic tbf) are very often baiting gunfights, I've seen 1 firearms car follow a pack of 15 jesters after a gang v gang shootout and just continue to follow after being told to fuck off multiple times in the attempt to cause a gunfight. At this point I would say it is an unreasonable ask for gangs to avoid fighting police with the mentality I see that the police have at the moment. 

I do not think helmets should be removed as I do think there should be deterrents to fighting police and there should be an advantage that police have over crims and gangs. But we all enjoy a gun fight every now and again, at least make it reasonable and give crims a chance to win the fight, at the end of the day its a game and we are all here to have fun, if cops die or get downed, they either respawn or all the info from the situation will come to fuck us over in the long run. What isn't fun is fighting 10 walking tanks who have no value of life because they know they won't die to headshots being and then flashed multiple times to ensure the win then being looted with no rp. If you die as a cop, you go back to PD re-gear and do the same shit with little repercussions. Die as a crim, you're back doing the most mundane borings tasks such as selling drugs or back in the taxi just to buy a gun back or now buy another car that has just been scrapped.

Just reduce the power of the helmets a bit, or make it so that being shot in the head while wearing a helmet gives your character a severe visual disadvantage (on top of what there is already) or your character falls over or something to make it so cops don't just think they are walking tanks with ARs because right now its just not fun.

In a way, it's stopped people fucking with police, or hesitant to do anything to them etc which I feel is what these were intended for. 

I can see why it is frustrating though because in some circumstances you have no choice but to shoot police and it is a huge disadvantage but maybe someday crims will get ahold of that helmet armour somehow and it will probably feel more even.

-1 ever since I joined this server I noticed like many other places that there is no fear when it comes to police. Its not the first time an officer has been driving about and a car pulls up says "fuck the police" and opens fire. 

If it isn't random shots taken at police for just being in a random place at a random time it's idiots constantly attacking MRPS.

Complaining that pistols can't take on a helmet when you shouldn't even have them in the first place is ridiculous. They are illegal firearms for a reason. If the police need a helmet to combat the use of illegal firearms then it is what it is.

Gangs are now having to think again in regards to engaging with police rather than just pulling the trigger because they feel like it. Not to mention you guys can literally play run the firearms officer over because he needs to be out his car. You don't 

I'm struggling to see how making Trojan officers walking tanks is beneficial in any way to the server. I agree there needed to be more fear roleplay relating to the police, that was accomplished with helmets, but now any conflict with helmet wearing police is boring and any situation you find yourself in is unwinnable. A lot of the Trojan roleplay is centred around combat tactics, raids and breaches, which will now be a lot less fun for both sides. Gangs will no longer hold the inside of their safehouses and people may even do the bank with knives, if at all. Gunfights are enjoyable for both sides and I do agree police need a slight edge to ensure fear roleplay but what is happening now with helmets is not enjoyable or even close to being fair.

Helmets are a good resource to have for Trojan officers but it should not take 5+ shots to the head to even begin to touch them, that's a joke. There were 17 Trojan officers on the server the other day, that's more than there were normal Response officers. Helmets should only tank one or two shots, with that in place you ensure a decent amount of fear roleplay whilst also ensuring a fair environment. 

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 ever since I joined this server I noticed like many other places that there is no fear when it comes to police. Its not the first time an officer has been driving about and a car pulls up says "fuck the police" and opens fire. 

If it isn't random shots taken at police for just being in a random place at a random time it's idiots constantly attacking MRPS.

Complaining that pistols can't take on a helmet when you shouldn't even have them in the first place is ridiculous. They are illegal firearms for a reason. If the police need a helmet to combat the use of illegal firearms then it is what it is.

Gangs are now having to think again in regards to engaging with police rather than just pulling the trigger because they feel like it. Not to mention you guys can literally play run the firearms officer over because he needs to be out his car. You don't 
I'm very confused with your reasoning here, you think police should keep these helmets to save them from rule breaks and shit roleplay? And how do helmets help you when idiots attack MRPS with knives? And so what if they're an illegal firearm? they are still the same as any other firearm...

You just seem like another salty cop main looking for an easy win. Yes, gangs wipe the police force consistently, but maybe that's where the police need to have a think about what fights they should pick (or bait) rather than just pulling the trigger and complaining when they lose the fight. The helmets are over powered, especially with 17 Firearms officers online at one time.

No one is saying get rid of them completely, but just to nerf them. In my opinion, the helmets should tank 1 or 2 shots maximum and when an individual wearing the helmet armour is shot in the head they should ragdoll for a short period of time. 

Helmets seem to be having the intended effect... discouraging gang members from directly confronting police officers.

Helmets seem to be having the intended effect... discouraging gang members from directly confronting police officers.
If the intending effect is to turn them into invincible super soldiers , then yes you’re correct, a lot of the time the police are the ones baiting for gun fights. 

The helmets are unrealistic and need changing

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 

maybe good if only police had them, but with some of these gangs now having access to them it is just ridiculous, if your a gang who cant get these head amours and your fighting a gang who can get them, there is no point even trying to fight due to how op they are 

If the intending effect is to turn them into invincible super soldiers , then yes you’re correct, a lot of the time the police are the ones baiting for gun fights. 

The helmets are unrealistic and need changing
I think the intended effect is for the police to be an actual faction for criminals to plan around when doing crime. Rather than just a chance that you go afk for half an hour if you lose a gunfight. The most common police tactic I have seen used is our DIsperse tactic, this is where we dont do anything to the criminals except make loud noises due to the fact that they out number us 3 to 1 and have the ability to ambush and shoot first. Maybe we will grab a downed person if its safe. That is our gunfight experience 90% of the time. So yeah id say that us being an actual problem for criminals is the intended consequence. 

Back