What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police Teargas Vote

Police Teargas - You Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen cops enter solo into a bank job simply as it is so OP, if it were not in the game, they would have to use actual skill (shocker right) and tactical awareness. All the votes for yes are probably from sco19 and pro active too, they should be trained up to go against it.

Yer of course it was going this way. It all depends if people want to allow us to try to suppress it in terms of usage. 

Or if they want it gone completely. If it offer no roleplay opportunity then let it be gone.
We were told before it was only for crowd control, that hardly sticked.

Gas isnt used inside the bank as we said thats OP.

Thats a rule im pretty sure SCO19 went by. 

It would be a shame to see it go but it is currently OP. I say remove it until rebels have a way of protecting themselves from the effect. The shemag + combat goggles (both items needed) would be suitable protection and then have their price boosted in the rebel shops to make it vital gear for badboys.

If adding gas protection to rebels is too much work, then just remove the gas.

i dont care about the tear gas, i say let the cops have them.
I want the effect to be more mild though... Ur totally blind almost instantly and it takes long time to recover.

if the gas effects a percentage of ur visibility and fatigue ok... but "disable" u completely instantly is totally unreal.

so i vote for keep it and make it weaker...

Another hit the nail on the head,implement an offensive,ie gas masks,turning down the effect tears gas produces on its taargets,make it clear to cops to give a clear warning before the use of tear gas..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It would be a shame to see it go but it is currently OP. I say remove it until rebels have a way of protecting themselves from the effect. The shemag + combat goggles (both items needed) would be suitable protection and then have their price boosted in the rebel shops to make it vital gear for badboys.

If adding gas protection to rebels is too much work, then just remove the gas.
This.

I voted for make it weaker, since there wasn't an option for "adding protection". Find it amazing that right now there are more votes for keeping it over losing it. Seeing as the cops have those helmets that protect against it, it shouldn't (should it?) be too hard to attach the script to another helmet slot item for the peasant side of the law. Throw in a variable that makes you require the goggle aswel, and boom, makeshift (tear)gas mask.

It would be a shame to see it go, as rage inducing as it is.

I like the idea of the taergas, but it is unforunately too overpowered, I like that you added the option to keep it but make it weaker, if you put yourself into a hostage situation the only thing the police really have to do is to go in throw a teargas or two and just restrain everybody. 

Either, it goes way less potent or it goes out. <- My opinion.

I think it would actually be better if no one had protection, as if both parties had protection it would just act as a smokescreen.

The cops should be trained for these situations. I actually think it would be suitable for only the rebels to have protection so that the gas is a last resort if the copper cant afford to lose the upper hand but this would come at a price (his vision).

This is obviously biased coming from a rebel but someone had to push this idea.

Just a point, there is currently 1 rebel with tear gas, SOVEREIGN (you monster). Notice how the cops and revels with different views to their colleagues are much heavier on the "get rid of it" side. If you get my drift.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would actually be better if no one had protection, as if both parties had protection it would just act as a smokescreen.

The cops should be trained for these situations. I actually think it would be suitable for only the rebels to have protection so that the gas is a last resort if the copper cant afford to lose the upper hand but this would come at a price (his vision).

This is obviously biased coming from a rebel but someone had to push this idea.

Just a point, there is currently 1 rebel with tear gas, SOVEREIGN (you monster). Notice how the cops and revels with different views to their colleagues are much heavier on the "get rid of it" side. If you get my drift.
I think even if rebels had the option to buy protection against it, we wouldn't always be wearing it. So tear gas can still be effective in certain situations, but not all, which makes it less OP but still worth having in. Problem solved maybe?

I think even if rebels had the option to buy protection against it, we wouldn't always be wearing it. So tear gas can still be effective in certain situations, but not all, which makes it less OP but still worth having in. Problem solved maybe?
The protection could also be expensive. Have a new re-textured  Red Shemag added, so cops can spot who is protected from the gas, and maybe tase or shoot to kill these 'redheads' as priority, then make the other rebels cry with the green smoke. :)

I dont want the Rebel protection to be as effective as the cops helmet...
I want Shemag with googles to give a mild effect of the tear gas...a bit blurry vision and fatigue... 
I dont want to play dressed like Darth Vaider :p

For me personally, the amount of shake is ok, but the blur is WAY too OP. You cannot see a thing. 

as i have been tear gased in real life... no it doesnt make u extremely blury... and if u wearing a ski mask or have a mixture of vaseline and some "oils"  around ur eyes or wearing a bike helmet can do shit on u...  with stuff u can find in ur home u can minimize the effect...

turkey-ankara-riots-10-gas-mask.jpg

Ok so lets add oils and Vaseline into the game. Oh and ski masks and other things so this tear gas that doesnt make your eyes tear up wont have any affect. 

thing is, I know a lot of people who just cheat using methods that wont be mentioned, to remove the blur, making it useless. 

Tear gas is typically only used in hostage situations, but I know it has been used outside of that. While I agree it's slightly op, imo, it's the duration of the smoke and blur that needs toning down. 

Rebels outnumber police 2:1 on the server if it's full. So when police are responding, they are 9/10 times looking to be outnumbered 2:1 or higher. How do you stop 4-6 rebels assaulting cities etc with LMG/DMR/Assault Rifles when you're only 2-4, and half of your force only have SMG's? 

Yes tactics, skill and teamwork are the primary attributes, but end of the day, the Police are always out-gunned and out numbered. Tear gas can HELP, but it isn't a I-Win button. And it's only available to SGT's and above. SPC that have, it must get authorisation before use from high ranking officers. 

A lot of people seem to be forgetting that the police are supposed to be better equipped and geared, because rebels have the advantage of numbers, surprise and guerilla tactics. But the truth is, rebels are better equipped, with stronger weapons, vehicles and have the number advantage as well as surprise and guerilla tactics. 

It wasn't long ago I saw a certain rebel attacking Kavala with a AH-99 Apache Attack Helicopter. But that's another story. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back