What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police threat level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna

The Flying Fish
@Police Command 
Why has the police threat level remained completely unchanged for months and months now? What is so critical?

The threat level was severe for like a month. Now it just went critical again.

I've heard from other officers that the command is very secretive about why they increase/decrease it, but heard alot of different variables affect the level. To be fair - HM robberies, hostage ops and killings happens at any given time, any given day. They have a good reason for it, IMO. But as I said they are secretive about it as far I heard, so dont get your hopes up for an answer.

Untill more gang starts value roleplay before their gear I'd say keep the threat level high. Once the numbers of gunfights decrease, lower it.

The threat level is reassessed every day by a group of officers who, throughout the day will speak to officers as they go on patrol and civilians/sources who also provide information. They will assess all the gathered information in the morning or evening the day after it was gathered and make a decision as to whether or not the threat level is at the correct level for the state of the island on that day, however, the threat level may change dynamically if certain factors come into play. The threat level is under constant scrutiny by both police command and this group of officers.

There are many factors affecting the threat level, and releasing these (to anybody) would hinder the effectiveness of the system as it would allow for the threat level to be intentionally manipulated.

Hope this helps,
Tadworth.

@CC Joseph Tadworth What happens when the threat level changes?  Does the police get one gun above their rank? Better vests?
There is a scale of gear which all police officers have access to, where they can change the gear depending on the threat level, this scale is reviewed by police command, but yes, police officers get access to varying amounts gear depending on the threat level.

The threat level is reassessed every day by a group of officers who, throughout the day will speak to officers as they go on patrol and civilians/sources who also provide information. They will assess all the gathered information in the morning or evening the day after it was gathered and make a decision as to whether or not the threat level is at the correct level for the state of the island on that day, however, the threat level may change dynamically if certain factors come into play. The threat level is under constant scrutiny by both police command and this group of officers.

There are many factors affecting the threat level, and releasing these (to anybody) would hinder the effectiveness of the system as it would allow for the threat level to be intentionally manipulated.

Hope this helps,
Tadworth.
Cheeers laddy!

There is a scale of gear which all police officers have access to, where they can change the gear depending on the threat level, this scale is reviewed by police command, but yes, police officers get access to varying amounts gear depending on the threat level.
Is the information on what gear they can use public? 
Thanks for the info so far

Is the information on what gear they can use public? 
Thanks for the info so far
Not sure this is relevant to be honest. Put it his way, the bulk of the police force on patrol at any given time, even at critical level do not have access to the same high level weaponry / attachments that the criminal fraternity do.  

Not sure this is relevant to be honest. Put it his way, the bulk of the police force on patrol at any given time, even at critical level do not have access to the same high level weaponry / attachments that the criminal fraternity do.  
Well considering the orignal post was about the threat level, and im asking about the gear police get to use when under the different threat levels, I`d say its quite ffing relevant.

Yes, the information is public, but only for the current threat level.
Where can one find this information?

Well considering the orignal post was about the threat level, and im asking about the gear police get to use when under the different threat levels, I`d say its quite ffing relevant.

Where can one find this information?
I mean the best way would be asking officers in-game as it would involve some form of roleplay, but it is freely available in the threat level Teamspeak channel if you don't wish to obtain it in game.

You know what you should do have a meeting to have that taken away aswell :) 
Still mad you lost some features on a tiny little toycopter I assume.

Btw I'm all for fairness, I don't have much bad things to say about police gear or a threat assessment level (still don't entirely understand the point of it, but police command should know most of what their doing by now so i believe them when they say it's useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back