What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police vehicles to be purchasable for civilian use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

Allow for all/most police cars to be purchasable from dealerships.

Detailed Suggestion:

Civilians/Off-Duty Cops/Off-Duty Medics/Off-Duty Gruppe6 Officers are able to purchase vehicles that the police use. Such as the BMW M5 Interceptor could be purchased without all the bells and whistles as I'm sure a lot of people would love to own that car. They could purchase the RPU's BMW 3 Series, I'm not entirely sure if people would love to buy a Vauxhall Insignia or the Peugeot 308 though.

This will also allow for police unmarked assets to blend in a lot more as people won't be entirely sure whether it is a police car. Whenever I'm on the server or even when I first started, you start to notice what the police unmarked assets are and you're able to spot them from a mile away.

The Pros:

Unmarked Police cars blend in more.

More imports to use.

The Cons:

Sourcing civilian variants of the existing police versions.

Tuning the civilian variants to be balanced within the server.

People may not like that unmarked assets will blend in more.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes.

Like the concept in general but you have to be very careful giving civilians access to cars like the M5 for balance reasons. If you slightly nerf all the civilian variants I see no issues.

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspesions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas."
-Elwood Blues

I like it

I've always disliked the fact unmarked cars are only unmarked cars, meaning in-game common knowledge makes you know if you see a car it's a police car. Having regular civilians driving them would keep people on their toes when they see these vehicles and hopefully provides a good mix of cars fitting different categories for people to drive on top of what we already have.

Exactly my intended purposes. People won't instantaneously know that a blacked out M5 is a police officer so they may commit crimes they would do if police wasn't there (if they thought the M5 was a civilian).

Last edited by a moderator:
Marking as Implemented as the majority have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back