What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

POLICING THE POLICE

Amon Long

Probably gonna get stick for this to be honest but can something be done about the police mentality a suggestion for all police who seen an active situation and decide its time for a win. There was a potentially really cool roleplay scenario that could have resulted in a police chase and all sorts where people had a hostage at the pharmacy and the minute they stepped away from the hostage for a second even though they was role-playing having a knife to him the hobbies just unloaded all over the poor criminals faces downing them all I understand that in reality steps would be taken but they had some demands set up they had a hostage it could have been awesome instead of just a quick arrest to get it done. 

And before anyone says anything about me being criminally bias my criminal characters are gone from the city now and I was on as police. It was just poor roleplay and then to claim someone is salty or mock them when they're down because they're clearly frustrated at the whole situation because it was executed poorly is just another level of toxic 

It's a game we are all here to have fun and stuff and honestly part of the fun is police chases and the many different kinds of interactions that could unfold from a cool criminal activity instead of just shots fired quick time and arrests made 

Let things play out abit 🙂

If it comes to it and I see poor roleplay from police and nothing is done I'll just start tazing and arresting police who don't value the hostage life. Anything could have happened a gunman could've shot and killed the hostage they had guns 

The police have had a need to win situations for the last 6 years I've been here, its something that has been present and I presume will never go away

So many situations on both GTA and Arma, could of led to a unique roleplaying experience, but the polices need to try and win everything always gets in the way

Roleplay comes before gameplay

I think the main mentality here is based on how the Police on GTA-RP and Arma risk assess a situation. If you're outgunned you'll lose. If the Police are outgunned they'll try non-aggressive tactics. Trying to find the middle ground isn't easy. 

On Arma with Malden and the numbers being less then what they used to Police's firearms have been nerfed, we are now finding rebels are outgunning us more so than ever for a long time, especially when there are no AR or NCA around as we've lost AFO's completely. I get completely what you're saying but I don't know what the solution would be without upsetting someone. 

I'll just start tazing and arresting police
200.gif

@RuTHLeSS INFO watch me then arresting cops isn't against server rules if they're avid murderers with no value of their own or hostage lives surely? Protect and server even if its protecting their dumb asses from themselves

Each situation is unique and different. There has been countless times people have won a situation. The truth behind it is that people don't like losing a situation and that's just a simple fact. This entire debate has been brought on numerous times on numerous topics such as 

Regarding the actual topic

A) As mentioned each situation is unique as there is different individuals involved / different trainings / different command

B) LSPS has command structure for this exact reason where if you are upset over a situation you can go to and express your concerns. 

C) DONT START TASING OR/AND ARRESTING OTHER OFFICERS If you are unhappy around how they dealt with a situation.

Overall got a complaint file it appropriately NOT the forums.

We do try to resolve situations with quality RP however as mentioned risk assessments are in place for a reason, it's about preventing the loss of life for us, and if that means wounding or tasering someone to do so then so be it, we try to maintain professionalism in our field however as mentioned above there are a select few who provide poor RP, and that's coming from a Police Constable and Civ at the same time.

I agree that many members of the police are power hungry af. It's a big problem that seems like it's being ignored, but I may be wrong 🤷‍♂️

Makes sense that we would try to win tho, as we are trying to be as realistic as possible, as well as the fact that was are supposed to be perfect at all times, so if we do anything apart from the exact way it says in the SOPs, we get criticised and told off by our superiors. 

Back