What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Pop's Diner (Suggestion Rework)

Mark

Staff Team
Staff Team
Pop's Diner

​

As recent manager of Pop's Diner I wanted to write up a detailed suggestion with positives and negatives if seen relevant enough.​

Pop's Diner is a 1950s/1960s Diner located up right next to Paleto Bay​

Smoothie Maker -
There is not a single smoothie maker up in Paleto Bay, however there are multiple down in the main city, I feel like with Pop's it should have one either in it or somewhere else that is nearby, especially with the intentions of roleplay I want to make with Pop's Diner, I want to give cooking lessons and opportunities to people so they can grow their character with cooking and roleplay, this is something I think many restaurants lack RP wise.​

image.png

Parking - 
There is one parking bay up at Paleto Bay, I feel like this should be in the same suggestion because there is parking spaces outside of Pop's Diner and up the road there is parking spots by the shop, I feel like a parking spot would make it more easier - for staff to park their cars and customers for lengthy roleplay scenarios, there are a few businesses with parking spaces right next to them (Vanilla Unicorn, Bean Machine, Galaxy Nightclub and Downtown Pizza) making it easier for them so why not Pop's Diner? Also it being up in Paleto with only one parking garage is kind of unbalanced in my opinion.​

image.png

Some small QOL changes I would like to suggest because I think this would make it more realistic in the Diner;​

1. DJ Booth Implementation,​

In Pop's Diner there is constant "Rebel Radio" however I feel like if we could play our own music it would be nicer to set the mood for events and also the song would be the same for everyone who walks in instead of it being two separate songs.​

2. Non Sit-able seats,​

These seats you can't sit on, I feel like if someone could sit and then receive their food it would make the experience a lot better than just passing it to them while they have been standing there waiting, also creates opportunities to roleplay out conversations while they're sitting down, it makes it look less like voice chatting and more interactive.​

image.png

3. Booths,​

I know these aren't sit-able either however if there is a way to make them interactive with the eye to sit down - I am aware it might look awkward due to how small the booths are but it would add more interactive roleplay.​

Being able to serve people while they're sat at a booth or the polo seats above would make the roleplay experience way better.​

image.png

​

Pros
More Interactive Roleplay
Quality of Life Improvements
More Paleto Bay Roleplay Activity​

Cons:
Development Work
 ​

Disclaimer

I am aware of Pop's Diner not being a very active spot within the city and I want to change that, I want to bring more roleplay to Diners and set a bar high with this opportunity, with events in the works I wanted to write this suggestion up as I know they aren't actioned instantly I want it to built interest over-time.​

I know Developers work for free and the work they do to keep the server bugless and updated is something I will always appreciate as a very active player of RPUK.​

As always thank you for reading, thinking about whether to upvote or downvote, I am one to always want to see what people are thinking so please leave your opinion down below.​

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Big +1 from me. Pops Diner is my favourite resturant in the city and it's so underused it's almost criminal. The rangers like to head up here and RP this as their lunch break spot so adding the additions you've suggested will only enhance the experience for them and in turn others. Great suggestion!

(My own oppinion and not that of the staff team)

Yes also a big +1 from me! Like Astrid said being a ranger myself I like to use pop's diner for my lunch break! Had a few good rp interactions in here now! Only look forward to more with these possible changes! 🙂

Big +1 from me. Pops Diner is my favourite resturant in the city and it's so underused it's almost criminal. The rangers like to head up here and RP this as their lunch break spot so adding the additions you've suggested will only enhance the experience for them and in turn others. Great suggestion!

(My own oppinion and not that of the staff team)
Have been trying to make it more used! I have seen Park Rangers up there and have welcomed them with open arms into the Diner!

Had nothing but amazing roleplay from you guys up there!

Yes also a big +1 from me! Like Astrid said being a ranger myself I like to use pop's diner for my lunch break! Had a few good rp interactions in here now! Only look forward to more with these possible changes! 🙂
I am glad you have had good roleplay interactions up there! Hope to see you guys around for events happening soontm!

Yh these ideas seem like good changes that could be made since there is not really anything to do up at paleto at the moment anyway having a place that could be used as a form of social hub for people to congregate and engage with one another would be good.

As already stated Rangers currently use pops regularly but these additions could also make it more inviting for example Taxi drivers that make their way up there doing jobs. And lets be honest a smoothie machine there would be great considering from what i know there is none up in that area at all. and needing to do the treck there to ripen fruit and back into city to make smoothies is a lengthy and draining task for all involved when people who have shops, restaurants and bars in city have access to a smoothie maker either at their place or nearby.

Agree with everything as above. 
paleto is run down and very little RP up there other than poor hunters and taxi drivers getting robbed. 
If this area had more to do then it would maybe  turn out to be a great RP location. 
very little interaction, if these changes or other business could be opened then it would be fantastic ,even have a police presence.

Yh these ideas seem like good changes that could be made since there is not really anything to do up at paleto at the moment anyway having a place that could be used as a form of social hub for people to congregate and engage with one another would be good.

As already stated Rangers currently use pops regularly but these additions could also make it more inviting for example Taxi drivers that make their way up there doing jobs. And lets be honest a smoothie machine there would be great considering from what i know there is none up in that area at all. and needing to do the treck there to ripen fruit and back into city to make smoothies is a lengthy and draining task for all involved when people who have shops, restaurants and bars in city have access to a smoothie maker either at their place or nearby.
Thank you for your input it means a lot to us - agreed with the trip it is honestly a proper grind especially with our deals with other businesses or factions, we had a one-thousand banana smoothie order and it took us weeks to complete due to the back and fourth!

A smoothie machine would be amazing for the property!

+1 pops could really do with some love. 
Thank you for your input it means a lot Niamh!

Agree with everything as above. 
paleto is run down and very little RP up there other than poor hunters and taxi drivers getting robbed. 
If this area had more to do then it would maybe  turn out to be a great RP location. 
very little interaction, if these changes or other business could be opened then it would be fantastic ,even have a police presence.
Thank you for your input!

I agree - as of recently we have been trying to incorporate more roleplay with taxi workers and police at Pop's!

With Police it's nice to see them drop in once in a while hearing a story of a chased criminal and how they arrested them or just a quick chat y'know it's the little things, same with taxi drivers not much is happening in Paleto except obviously businesses and robberies to taxi drivers!

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Non Sit-able seats,​

These seats you can't sit on, I feel like if someone could sit and then receive their food it would make the experience a lot better than just passing it to them while they have been standing there waiting, also creates opportunities to roleplay out conversations while they're sitting down, it makes it look less like voice chatting and more interactive.​
Mini Bump

As of recent with Pop's I have been trying to utilize it's new given assets and trying to create more role-play with food orders and role-play within the diner, I would want to ask the development team if it would be possible to make it so you can sit down in the booths or stools?​

I have had a few customers within role-play ask why they are not usable and that they'd want to bring their friends or loved ones up and sit down and eat at the tables or counter.​

I do not expect this to be high-priority as always I am very grateful for Pop's getting the love it has already received.

I have hundreds of truck drivers up there each month. Thats the place the go for some downtime!  A tad bit of love will do the place good!

+1 - I think Pop's Diner could be a potential chill spot in Paleto, it's a great restaurant and also think if there was implemented a thing or two more to do up there, it would be cool to see more Roleplay up in paleto and more people chilling there

Back