What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Postal Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daanv

Professional Stunt Driver
Staff Team
Los Santos NHS
Brief Summary:

I Would like to suggest postal codes to be added to the map

Detailed Suggestion:

I Would like to suggest postal codes to be added to the map

these can be numbers starting at 001 upto however much you want.

this does not mean you need a postal code for each house.

however having postal codes scattered over the island will help the server a lot

example:

hrshewthqhx.jpeg

next to the postals i also suggest a command to be added this being the /postal or /po command 

this would work as follows

when a player want to set a waypoint to a certain postal he would type /po "postal#"  this would then draw the route to that postal on his or her map.

EDIT

an extra command like /enablePO can be made to toggle the postals on your map incase the map gets to crowded

The Pros:

*adds roleplay opertunities like setting meeting places.

*makes it easier to navigate to a sertain location (aspecially for those new to the map)

*Police calls can be postal based giving them a rough location

The Cons:

* takes time to implement

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

no

Last edited by a moderator:
Just feel like this would clutter the map up so much, if maybe there was a way to turn it on and off then I would agree, but if you want to meet someone surely you would just send them a GPS marker?

You can already send gps locations via the message app on the phone. I don't really see a point with this.

if someone were to say their postcode it would just waste time trying to find it in my opinion, gps coordinates is just alot easier

Just feel like this would clutter the map up so much, if maybe there was a way to turn it on and off then I would agree, but if you want to meet someone surely you would just send them a GPS marker?
seems like a great idea to toggle them using a setting or command.

as for the gps locations id say that you dont always want someone to have your number

i have seen this in difrent citys !! workt great and a realy good navigation point for cops aswell aswell taxi ..and others .. same lijk gastation route 13 !! everybody knows where it is when you say route 13 !! good idea Daan !!

Ive seen this is other servers and it works really well. Not only can gangs say they claim a postcode it would help people in the ems like myself who doesnt know every location off by heart. I think this could work well.

Looks like a good idea, with GPS being buggy when trying to send the location and phone closes, this could be a good alternative. Would help out cops and NHS to pinpoint the location and new players to find the location without having to scan through every street. +1

Yeah im a big fan of this, would be really nice to be able to tell someone where to meet before you are there.

I like this idea. But you made the postal code areas way too small in my opinion. Make it so 1 postal code covers 4-7 of the small ones you made. A postal code is supposed to be covering a bigger area than a street adress, something that yer postal codes dont, as their smaller than the street adresses 😛

It also needs to be a map postal code toggle, to avoid clutter for those that doesnt want it, can be in the f1 toggle options.

Having what postal code area you are in show under the gps mini hud would be a nice addition aswell. Makes it for easy callouts amongst other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back