What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Power gaming - Police Dogs

RaginRabbit

Unlinked
Having never been in DSU or having much interaction with DSU I was unaware of how the dogs work. What their abilities are/limitations. I recently found out that the dogs only have the ability to track a suspect from a vehicle or chase someone visible to the dog handler... However I was always under the assumption they could detect drugs at the least if someone was near the dog while having drugs in their inventory.

Ultimately finding out my assumptions are not true would mean anyone using the dogs indication they sometimes show (Barking etc) at a suspect would be seen as power gaming as it simply is not possible. There is no mention of this within the police handbook or under the power gaming/police rules. 

My concern is that although some many know this due to the interactions they have had with DSU others may not therefore leading them to being banned for something they would know nothing about. 

In conclusion I guess my suggestion is for this to be added somewhere onto the power gaming rules or as a police rule to ensure members of the community are aware prior to punishment that 'Dogs cannot detect any item or substance, any roleplay suggesting otherwise and being used in the outcome of a situation would be considered power gaming.

200.gif

The power gaming rule is left unspecific as to avoid 'ruleplay' whilst also preventing people from forcing situations that would be unrealistic or too one sided. If people are doing this in such a way that it is viewed as power gaming then they should simply be reported for power gaming, there is no need for a specific rule to be brought in to enforce this and IMO might limit roleplay and make an underused police asset even more underutilised.

TLDR; If you feel like its been power gamed against you report it as that.

The power gaming rule is left unspecific as to avoid 'ruleplay' whilst also preventing people from forcing situations that would be unrealistic or too one sided. If people are doing this in such a way that it is viewed as power gaming then they should simply be reported for power gaming, there is no need for a specific rule to be brought in to enforce this and IMO might limit roleplay and make an underused police asset even more underutilised.

TLDR; If you feel like its been power gamed against you report it as that.
My initial suggestion was for this to be an addition to the initial training of a PPC so they are aware. However was informed by training command this would most likely be a server rule matter hence posting here. 

Ultimately leaving this and not addressing it either through police command or via the server rules would mean others would be a banned or punished for something they have no knowledge of. Is that fair?

This post is not at the benefit of myself and I've now been made aware on how dogs work, however to the benefit of others either currently in the police force unaware of the functioning or hoping to join the police force at risk of making a mistake out of their control and being punished anyhow because it will still be seen as a technical break of the rules.

Back