What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Prison Time Re-work

Charles Vane

Staff Team
Staff Team
Brief Summary: Change the prison times so that people actual begin to fear and respect police as they should be. This i think should be done by changing prison times to ONLY work whilst in the server. I am aware this will be controversial as the usual "this is a game i want to play in my spare time" argument will come up. I do see both sides here and will try to detail why i still think this should happen. 

Detailed Suggestion:

At the minute it seems everyone is a "badman you get me blud say less fuck da feds" and i think that the gangs are so visible on the server newer players only see criminal life and following gangs footsteps is the only way. I would love to see this change and i think that nobody has respect for police and the authority they SHOULD have in the server. (Side note, i know there are some dodgy police and people will just think this is open for police to use that winning mentality even more however thats a whole seperate problem)

Criminals continue to do the same thing day in day out. Do you know how silly i find it when i am in game and i hear someone say that they have murdered police yesterday and got 720 months and then boom next day there back doing what they do again and the cycle repeats. The only real deterrant i see is the propect of life in prison. Which lets be honest some characters should have had this a long time ago. 

I think that people should be spending hours and hours of there in game time in a prison for being a criminal. This would also open up a whole new level of RP because people would have to spend hours upon hours in prison meaning they could make in prison gangs and also gruppe6 would more than likely always have something to do. It gives criminals in prison time to be able to smuggle or get things into prison for them to use to continue business from a cell. I also think it gives the server another avenue to develop. 

Now the skeptics here will say i spend a day at work come home to play for a hour or 2 and then go to bed how can i be expected to spend a week in jail. Well quite frankly, dont do the crime or be smarter and dont get caught doing it. I do not believe that a proper roleplauly session can really be 1 hour long if you are involving yourself in crime/jail sentences. We all know how long it takes to be processed and such. 

I think then, this would also give more use of the courts and time for actual investigations to take place without officers going through hours of investigation/intel gathering and getting the criminal to just sentence them to be back out the next day. I know i wouldnt want to waste my time doing that so why should anyone else that is in CID. 

Before people say this is crazy, i have played servers were all of your prison time had to be spent in game and trust me it was a scary thought going to jail and i think thats the sort of respect we need implementing. It also gave way to some of the most interesting RP scenarios i have ever come across as you end up spending a lot of time with people you generally wouldnt usually. 

I think generally, most of the criminal side of the server get away with way too much and thats why gradually its getting worse and worse in the sense new people see gang life as the only way. 

When new players come into the server now they see how the gangs are, they probably see the lack of respect and care for police and then just follow suit. Then on the other hand if people just come onto the server want to troll police by breaking the law in front of them then have to go spend a couple of hours real time in jail then they sure as hell should learn to not do it again. (I am aware they already would have to do this but they can just log out an play something else for a hour an fome back when its done) 

I think it gives people the ability to create multiple different characters all with different storylines and use the roleplay experience they have gained on a criminal charcter to go into another character which they may not have done otherwise. 

The Pros: 

- Better more realistic roleplay with people actually respecting/fearing the conseqencies of there own actions. 

- Allows another avenue for development whith a whole prison community outside of main city life

- allows characters to RP different things/jobs that are not just criminal. 

- Gets the police the respect they deserve from the player base (Being a cop is tough at the best of times, a bit of respect true to life would be a nice change imo) 

The Cons: 

- Chances of police using this to put people away for way longer than they should (courts and police command would be given the time to look into it without you being released before your sentence is even over and you being past the point of caring then, which in turn will create a better police force) 

- People not wanting there gaming time spent in a prison cell doing nothing (dont do it/get caught,)

- More chance of people being afk in prison (staff have got this)

- Criminal characters/gangs will probably hate this proposal however surely could see the benefit. 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server: Yes, i think on one hand it puts a bit more responsibility onto police to do a proper job.. but at the end of the day if wr cannot trust that faction to do that then we have different issues all together. But then on the other it would hopefully shift the constant warzones hapoening infront of police for people to just log off for the night when being jailed then back at it again tomorrow. 

I would love to hear peoples thoughts as i have said i do see this from both sides as someone who generally does not play a whole lot but i just have to play smarter. Thanks. 

Also should put one of those disclaimers that this is my own thinking not the thinking of the staff team as a whole. 

I think then, this would also give more use of the courts and time for actual investigations to take place without officers going through hours of investigation/intel gathering and getting the criminal to just sentence them to be back out the next day. I know i wouldnt want to waste my time doing that so why should anyone else that is in CID. 
Yeah I think using criminal cases in the court for arrests that have been due to an investigation, obviously not your standard drug dealer but it leads to more roleplay than the officer that has investigates you gets to choose your sentence.

Also makes the evidence CID have collected mean something as they have to present it and the judges have to see if it’s good enough to convict, that could lead to much more roleplay for cops, criminals and the judiciary side of things however I can see a small strain on solicitors having to complete cases all the time but that also may be a good thing

As someone who has been in prison for life, I agree to this. My Prison RP experience was fun, but not all the time. This is due to the fact that it is so hard to RP with someone in prison, when there is no one there. I log into prison everyday and see the same G6 officers everyday, but it’s so rare to see inmates. I do see them yes, I do get to interact with them yes, but only the ones who are put in there for about 100 - 200 months. They clean tables, yeah yeah and then bye. The ones who are put in longer just go to their cells and sleep their months away. I get it, “No one wants to do prison RP”. This is always gonna be true. Prison sucks. Prison is boring. It’s boring because there isn’t anyone there, or if people are there they can’t be arsed to talk to anyone, they just want to clean tables and get out of there as fast as possible.  But I do believe forcing people to stay in prison (have to stay online) will be a better change, because then people would actually stay in prison and talk to each other, interact and make interesting RP scenarios. This is an RP server, so the whole point is to talk, interact, roleplay. 

big +1 from me 🙂

Whilst I’m at work and I can’t give my full opinion, I am all for this, needs to be properly worked out, but think of the endless prison RP. 

Planning outside things in prison actually becomes viable “when I get out” becomes viable. 

Hope to see this looked at and implemented

I say big + for better prison times getting more realistic.

But then their also should be more to do in prison, its repetitive to get searched, talk and just search the trash.  Not sure what the prison can offer more then it has now, but I do see improvement in case of longer time there.

Definitely needs more prison RP I say.

I like this suggestion a lot but i can feel a lot of people who don't play police, will dislike it so if that were to happen there is a counter to this suggestion that I've heard people talk about and it would be spend 50% of your time in game at the prison and 50% you don't need to be logged in. This could be decent for those high 720 sentences but easier for the odd person who failed to stop for police and only has to spend 50 minutes there.

Massive yes from me! However, I do think that spending a full 12 hours in Prison is exhausting and to much to ask of ANYONE so I make a counter suggestion of 50% online and 50% offline, that means they can sleep for half their sentence but MUST serve the remaining 50% online and as such engage in prison RP, the downfall is the time admins will have to spend at the Prison ensuring people aren't just AFKing inside.

Not sure if im just a lot more harsh than other people but i think 12 hours is not that much really.. like if you have done enough to be in for 12 hours then you should do the 12 hours. If that then goes to 50% thats 6 again thats basically back to 1 night and the criminal is back again doing the same thing.

Its all relative to how much you play i guess 12 hours for me would be probably over a week which i could accept if i were caught for some things i may or may not do. Others do 12 hours in a day 

I would compare it to how long undercover might spend in game gathering intel, putting it together out of game to then give you a sentence. I guarantee the hours spent in the planning and executing of arresting some people would be longer than the person spends in jail which is bonkers

Last edited by a moderator:
the only problem I see here is (as I know of the german system), there is investigational custody. If you are the main suspect but have no sentence yet, because the investigation is ongoing and the court order is not done yet you need to be in jail to prevent escape or disappearance. So either they need to wait in Bolingbrook for their sentence or they will get a warrant if they dont show up for their sentence? 

the only problem I see here is (as I know of the german system), there is investigational custody. If you are the main suspect but have no sentence yet, because the investigation is ongoing and the court order is not done yet you need to be in jail to prevent escape or disappearance. So either they need to wait in Bolingbrook for their sentence or they will get a warrant if they dont show up for their sentence? 
For most cases here for RP restriction reasons there is not much of investigation that has to go on. Most of the stuff here is general things people can be sentenced for. Not EVERY case would go to court in fact most wouldnt. Course the bigger cases involving high priority people and such would so it wouldnt matter so much. 

I have seen a suggestion for Bail which you can pay to be released whilst the case is pending until the court date where your fate is decided

It's a big yes from me because then people would value their life's more and as well think more and not be typical badman. He stabed you you have scar for life he gets few months and rinse and repeat 

Big +  please add it maybe random stabing and killing will disappear because no one cares about their actions atm that's what I see

Having to spend 12 hours or however many hours just being in a prison is a stretch tbh, its a game and no one is trying to come home to spend time in prison, an hour or two should be reasonable. This will then also make them think before they commit petty crimes and increase Prison RP. Cons of this is people wont be as compliant and end up killing the officers to avoid going prison. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Massive +1 from me. 12 hours (720 months), the maximum police can give, is not really that long. People saying that having to do 50% of that, 6 hours, is not long at all, and does not open up for the idea that was initially put forward in this suggestion - the prison roleplay and criminals actually fearing the police. Lets be honest, most people that gets sentenced gets between 2-4 hours in prison, and if they were to have to spend 50% of that in jail it would only be 1-2 forced hours. Nothing. 

I have also lately seen and heard some people that have done crimes on their criminal character, gets sentenced, then suddenly after they have been sent in, I hear them as their police character. Kinda defeats the purpose of being sent in.

I made the same suggestion couple months back I really think it should happen would be more fun knowing your crime will actually have consequences rather than just going to sleep if you get 720 months 

I made a suggestion a while back about community service so there is actually RP in prison with other prisoners and I think it could go hand in hand with this

I also think this is a great idea, as long as the prison senteces fit the crime, you should do the time. Most of the arrested people tend to appear later in the night once finally caught, log off and return the next day for 10-15 minutes in prison before being free. It will certainly push for more hidden crimes to be commited not just blasting an AK-47 in the middle of the city knowing full well you will be arrested, have it taken off you and thrown inside for 30 minutes. 

Personally, I believe this is a great idea. However, I do believe while this is great, there is still the easiest possibility of getting lifted from prison. With this being said, it should be a whole update in itself with this suggestion and also including the idea of escaping prison a much more difficult problem. 

As of currently all you need to do is take down a radio mast and fly in. Instead I believe it needs to be vamped up with different materials beeding to be used and different locations where puzzles etc have to be solved - a bit like hacking but with more variety to increase difficult. 

This doesn't effect me much but hopefully this will increase the level of RP that currently goes on and will have criminals acting smarter. This could also mean that the police will be less lethal in their ways and have more time to RP rather than having to stop a person every 3 seconds rush from scene to scene. However this could also push criminals to go out guns blazing to avoid the prison time or even start doing constant jail breaks.

Hope this helps <3

Back