What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

prisontimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Boston

Hi dont mind my english, the last week ive experienced the prison multiple times. All times above 240+ minutes and today 550 minutes. I appreciate the developers making it more fun for cops to play after numbers dropped hard. But now tables have turned and the criminal side is getting hit by the new update. With the new update cops can send you to prison with a 1 minute sentence to max 720 minutes (12 hours) . To stimulate people to play on a second character. Ive spend so many hours grinding money and getting my character like i want it to be. I really cba making a second character to grind money again and get back to the level my main character used to be. When your playing on a 2nd character apparently your timer goes down as well. But just think about somebody that can play 1 hour a day? He cant play on his main character just because he is 12 hours in prison so it will take him almost 2 weeks to play on his main character. Playing fivem used to enjoyable game for young 18+ and older people if you need to wait 2 weeks to finally play on your main character that demotivates, some people prefer quit the server then spending 12 hours playing on a new person with a new name new everything and i agree with them making that decision. What i think will happen if this prisontimer stays on the server finally the server will be based on cops playing the playercount will drop and it will be cops and lost remaining that play on the server.

What i think that should happend that the max jail time should be around 90 minutes max 120 ( with a option to do something in jail that increases your timer ). So you dont have to stare at a wall but actually can do something.

Do me a favour and read my suggestion first instead of -1 me because you know me of my name or your a cop and you dont want your fun ruined. 

Thanks will

image.jpeg

This was not a Development change, this was a decision made by Police Command after discussion with the appropriate people, should anyone wish to share their thoughts on the new prison sentences we are allowing officers to hand out, under the correct circumstances, you are more then welcome to contact any member of Police Command:

Police Command
Chief Superintendent @Fluqi 
Superintendent @Shepherd Kingston
Superintendent @DCC Greenhalgh 8181

Whilst I am here it is worth mentioning that the prison sentences are on a temporary guide and are all subject to change depending on the feedback given to us from Civillians, Police Officers, Dev Team, Management and anyone else who wishes to give feedback. 

Thanks, 
Shepherd.

But just think about somebody that can play 1 hour a day? He cant play on his main character just because he is 12 hours in prison so it will take him almost 2 weeks to play on his main character.
The timer also counts down when you are offline. So if you are put in prison for 12 hours you can play on your main character 12 hours later, whether you were online or not during those 12 hours.

The timer also counts down when you are offline. So if you are put in prison for 12 hours you can play on your main character 12 hours later, whether you were online or not during those 12 hours.
Not true, doesnt work for me boss. If start up my fivem tommorow morning it will still say 550 minutes :s

cant do the time dont do the crime
- There is many things you can do in prison while also still being added. (find them)
- Like stated timer counts down when offline. While you can not see it count down as it shows total time but it works so it releases you at said time
- wanna play but in prison? make a 2nd character that ONLY does legal stuff
- Just escape the prison?
- Just dont do the crime to be put in prison

"I don't want to be a smart criminal, I want to shoot people in broad daylight in legion square for all to see"
"I can't be bothered to take a hostage and negotiate. I'd rather shoot my way out" 
"Naaah Man, I be bare mad bro, all dat CSGO Time means I don't need no RP to get me out of situations"
"I'm going to go online today and shoot police, because. Memes"

Your statement is completely unwarranted in respect to player numbers because there simply aren't that many police playing. They don't want to play, because criminals pick on them. 
These are the attitudes that lead to long prison sentences. Stop picking on the police. Start fearing them. Prison is a scary place. 

As stated above, your prison sentence is just that. It's not a timer, it doesn't go down. It does however expire while you are doing other things. 

I am one of the most prolific criminals on the island. 
I have been to prison 0 times. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have spoken to some of the gangs over teamspeak over the last few days, whilst I understand you don't want to go to prison for 12 hours. The police also don't want to be harrassed or gatted down every 2 seconds or robbed when they login. The server is about making it fun for everyone, including police.

This is an internal police change seperate of the development team. I suggest possibly taking it to the city council if you don't agree with Police Commands decision. This is something development will stay away from as long as possible.

However I do understand I also wouldn't want to be forced to logout onto another character or be forced away from my group etc I don't think that is a valid argument personally.

Based on this suggestion and teamspeak discussions, I'll reject the suggestion in this current form based on votes however the following changes WILL happen from the development team.

We will continue to improve the jobs and stuff to do in the prison, I personally believe if the long sentences is something command want to take forward we will work with them to have legal and illegal activities to reduce timers (Good behaviour stuff in the prison etc). Remember if you are the master criminal who gets long sentences surely you have a backup plan with your group incase someone does get sent to jail? Jail break? Roleplay with the police for info, bribe etc - they can early release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back