What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Problem: Too many people bleeding out

What if we don't want you @Jumper :p

Of all the problems stated the 2 main ones are these:

• Not enough medics on at the one time. - i believe the new update may fix this as its even making me want to join.

• Its very easy to die in game. - nobody plays this game to obide by traffic speed limits and work in a petrol station. Everyone thats not police does illegal stuff which can result in guns being shot and people crashing etc. At the end of the day its a game. Hence the large death toll.
Hmmm might be worth waiting that out then and see what kind of effect it has on the amount of online NHS. If it doesn't it could be useful looking into tweaking game mechanics so people don't die so easily from accidents. 

@INS Dan Barretto

Last time I checked, it wasn't called the 'Revive Faction' but instead called the 'NHS' where they roleplay at the highest standards instead of rushing around clicking their windows keys!
Even so there is a still a problem, when medical personnel has to show disregard for human life in order to do good RP you get a kind of RP paradox.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm might be worth waiting that out then and see what kind of effect it has on the amount of online NHS. If it doesn't it could be useful looking into tweaking game mechanics so people don't die so easily from accidents. 

@INS Dan Barretto

Even so there is a still a problem, when medical personnel has to show disregard for human life in order to do good RP you get a kind of RP paradox.  
It's called roleplay hence the name 'Roleplay.co.uk'. But im not here to start beef so bye

Changed the name of the topic as it has since been established in the topic that the NHS doesn't carry full responsibility for all the dying people. Hopefully this gives less of a wrong impression  so we can have a more constructive conversation. 

Like CMO Joel Denning said, If you think that there are not enough medics in the NHS then try to join it and see for yourself how it is to be a medic or maybe even go on a ridealong with an MTO+ to see how we work.

I think I suggested this before, but civ's being able to slow or pause bleeding through some kind of windows key interaction without the need for bloodbags would at least buy the casualty more time. Not a perfect solution mind.

NHS is a kind of catch 22.  For me personally, I found NHS patrols became repetitive quite quickly. Not only that, I felt a high % of the players I was trying to RP with just wanted to 'get it over with' and get back to what they were doing.  This sucked the fun out of it for me and eroded my enthusiasm to log on as a medic. The catch 22 part is wanting to spend quality time RPing with people, mixed with the pressure of trying to get to multiple casualties spread across the map before they bleed out.  I think we just have to be very thankful to the guys who put their heart and soul into it playing a medic. There's a lot fine NHS members out there who do their best.

Lastly, I think this mindset that everyone has to be revived is a problem. We take it for granted that injuries which would realistically be fatal, i.e. gunshots to the head, only puts the player into the downed state.   There would be a lot less people to 'revive' if bullets actually killed the player depending on where they landed. Maybe that's the solution.... make bullets lethal. Might even make people think twice about going into a gunfight. 👿

As Long Beard said: Maybe civs could stop bleeding by holding the wound, but when they are holding the wound they cant move from there or the wound will start to bleed again. Also that bullet thing would be cool, if you take shot to leg you could still maybe walk if someone helps you but if you take shot to your chest and it will not kill you then you will just lay on the ground. Then bullets to the head would be lethal so that would be so cool!

My two applications didn't make me eligible for a talk. I see now that that most likely had to do something with me thinking the NHS was an organisation that serves the people of Altis to their best ability, instead of a theatre group that gets people up at their own discretion.
Here's a novel thought......... stop getting into gunfights or driving like Richard Hammond?

"Oh noes I can't do that I wanna play my wayyyyyyyyy"

Erm... so do the medics.

Here's a novel thought......... stop getting into gunfights or driving like Richard Hammond?

"Oh noes I can't do that I wanna play my wayyyyyyyyy"

Erm... so do the medics.
deserved that, I was salty when I wrote that post. Now lets move on. (I am not referring to myself with "too much people bleeding out" though I refer to the people I encounter besides the road and such as ARAC)

people should die a decent amount of the time when they go down, its realistic. medics can't save everyone, i'd actually quite like to see some medic rp where they actually CANT save someone and have to watch them die. would be a nice change. people dying is good, can't save everyone some injuries too serious -1

people should die a decent amount of the time when they go down, its realistic. medics can't save everyone, i'd actually quite like to see some medic rp where they actually CANT save someone and have to watch them die. would be a nice change. people dying is good, can't save everyone some injuries too serious -1
Did you just say you would like a medic to..... not "medic" you? I would be pretty mad haha. Although it adds to realism their job is to help people and when they have the oppurtunity to do so they should revive.

How are you still here ?
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I wasn't, got banned for a year for doing some VERY stupid things... i do a lot of stupid things... :s

Back