What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Question about a rule.

Phalanx

Myth
Advertising, everyone knows what it is however it's strange...

If I mention another community is that advertising? I mean lets be honest we end up describing another community because people are in the belief it's the word we cannot speak of like Voldemort (yes I said it). You always get that absolute hilarious lad who shouts "Advertising!" If you mention any name in teamspeak (usually the ones who scream RDM in Exile...), so what I'm asking is can we mention other communities whilst chatting with mates as long as we aren't encouraging them to go there?

AND PLEASE DONT ANSWER IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW THE ANSWER ONLY IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do NOT mention other altislife communities. You can mention others as long as they're not anything to do with roleplay. So you could say the name of a Co-op mission community of you wanted. It's common sense which names you mention.

Do NOT mention other altislife communities. You can mention others as long as they're not anything to do with roleplay. So you could say the name of a Co-op mission community of you wanted. It's common sense which names you mention.
Yes but most people describe the community anyway, I understand most people would think it's common sense but it's a little more complicated, it's like trying to make sure a child never swears, they will learn someday?

The definintion of advertise is as follows:

describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance

Take note of the bit in bold. It states that you must be trying to promote the product. When people say the name of a community, they are usually not promoting it, just talking about it. Although this could be up to interpretation,it is ok to mention the name of a community (by definition)

Just don't mention the names of any other Altis Life communities when either in game, or in the ALUK Teamspeak.
Others have been banned for it, just why take the risk?

If you're absolutely desperate to tell someone the name of a community for whatever reason, do it in a private conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't do it, and be safe. Just say "Another community I played on was really crappy/shitty/stupid" and you wont have to mention the name.

@GP. Daanish Would like to point out if someone mentions another community's name in an NHS app we get it removed and there occasionally get a warning point... it is against server rules.

Back