What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Question to all Streamers

ex CMO Joel Denning

The Swiss CMO
Unlinked
Hello

I decided that I am going to start streaming in future some of my NHS patrols since none of the more active streamers in the community never really do them. So my question is what program do you guys recommend to use to stream with twitch? Also for what do I need to look out for in terms of copyright and such?

Regards

CST. Joel Denning

If you're using an nVidia graphics card, shadowplay can stream direct to twitch so you dont need to use another application. However, you lose the ability to record using shadowplay like this, but i believe you can save the stream via twitch or something.

You don't really need to worry about copyright on twitch. If you play copyrighted music, it simply means they will mute the VOD. 

OBS is the most versatile for overlays and customising it to suit your computer's specifications.  

Shadowplay is limited with features, but seems to have a better picture.

I've never used xsplit. 

As for copyright music, it's simple enough to just type "royalty free music *Genre here* playlist" to avoid it muting the whole past broadcast (if you choose to keep them or upload them to youtube) 

I play music all the time on my stream and only get the copyright mute rarely. I thinks its due to the volume I play it at and how much I actually speak.

As most above have said learn OBS studio as its the best streaming app. There are also a lot of nice people in this community that will help you out with things like overlays and different scenes. If you need any help with anything give me a shout on TS.

OBS studio and then just do it on twitch 

If you need help with it i can help you it setting up ;)

Back