What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Queue Priority for established players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namron

Head of Pestering the Development Team(s)
Lifetime Donator
Unlinked
Brief Summary:   There should be some way for active players to be prioritised when the server is full. 

Detailed Suggestion:    Obviously whitelisting the server is a separate and controversial point of discussion, however: I think there should be some consideration given on how we can support our established playerbase in fulfilling their roles. I know that for many (within my spheres of influence) the queue makes it incredibly difficult to log on and play their whitelisted job.

My suggestion for this would be to prioritise anyone with any characters in our "whitelisted" groups

• Police
  • NHS
  • LostMC
  •  
  • Judges/Solicitors
  • Gruppe6
  • Weazel News
  •  
  • Business Owners / Employees 
  • Turf Gang Members (the 6 main gangs)
  • Custom Families (Nobles/Morrisons/Callaghans)

Of course, we do not know which character people are going to play at the point of connection, but we do know that whoever they are, they are an established member within the community, with existing character storylines who have their feet in the door already. 

I know a negative of this suggestion is that it will make it difficult for new players: however all new players would still have the option to wait in the queue or play at 'less-peak' time. This would allow for more 'proven' high-quality roleplayers to be on the server during it's busiest periods.

The Pros:

• Improves roleplay quality / lessens volume of trolls, during peak time
  • Provides a reward to players involved in our whitelisted groups on any character
  • Allows for people to jump on as their whitelisted roles (e.g NHS) more easily during busy periods

The Cons:

• Makes it more difficult for new people to get started if they can only player during peak time
  • The queue may still be quite substantial with this many people prioritised 

Conflict of interest notice:

Yes this suggestion will benefit me, I'm currently in the queue just to meet police as a judge and check some details for their investigation. This will probably take me a couple of hours, or I'll need to wait till next restart

a7de35355b5d708638b7915403ad9cfc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and the established members - that are not in a whitelisted group... for whatever reason...

Think members of the RPUK Stream team, whilst streaming should get it (Obviously not when not streaming) to try and encourage regular streaming 

I do think this is a good idea to some extent, for the reason I've been in a queue of about 40-50 people sometimes and there's no medics online and that amount of players in a queue takes well over 1-2 hours waiting to get online

maybe people that are known on other places community wise, in a good way that is

Might be a good idea top have some sort of cap to the amount of people that get priority in each faction based on there importance / presence in the server and what how many are needed compared to normal players as to not annoy new players with half a lobby of people jumping the queue ahead of them at prime time

Barely play fiveM but surely making it a donator perk would be better overall? It ensures upkeep of the server and could be implemented with other perks on altis / fiveM?

Barely play fiveM but surely making it a donator perk would be better overall? It ensures upkeep of the server and could be implemented with other perks on altis / fiveM?
I did have this thought and debated putting it in,

However ultimately, of all the different priorities that can be put in place, I think we should opt for an effort/roleplay one before any financial one. 

I did have this thought and debated putting it in,

However ultimately, of all the different priorities that can be put in place, I think we should opt for an effort/roleplay one before any financial one. 
I agree with Norman here, I think donating should not be a "must" and allow people to bypass queues, because they can spare a few bucks. It should be rewarded for effort/roleplay. The current benefits that you get from donating should be the only thing you gain from the choice donators have made to donate to the community.

Yeah I think it shouldn't be everyone and their mum have priority. No one will get in if they do not fit into one of your boxes. WELL to much people covered in your bracket, keep it to a lower amount yeah sure no issues! Be that donator or another way of it being figured out. 

I agree with Norman here, I think donating should not be a "must" and allow people to bypass queues, because they can spare a few bucks. It should be rewarded for effort/roleplay. The current benefits that you get from donating should be the only thing you gain from the choice donators have made to donate to the community.
wasn't it already talked about ages ago that perks shouldn't give benefits?

Maybe to counter 

we do not know which character people are going to play at the point of connection
have it so each thing you've listed is points more points you have higher priority so some guy with 3 rebels one police doesn't have as much priority as a Police and NHS

Perhaps individuals with strong cause for quick connection, who are nominated by a member of management/staff team/faction lead, should have priority access. 

Strong cause is like key roleplayers, people who consistently add value to RP:

• Judges - have an emerging importance
  • Police Inspector (and above) - for command importance
  • Group leaders (gang leaders / co-leaders)

Essentially anyone who manages a group of people, so they can direct the course of their faction RP. 

Perhaps individuals with strong cause for quick connection, who are nominated by a member of management/staff team/faction lead, should have priority access. 

Strong cause is like key roleplayers, people who consistently add value to RP:

Essentially anyone who manages a group of people, so they can direct the course of their faction RP. 
Unfortunately this comes back to not knowing which character people are going to be playing as.

If I'm coming on as Carrie from Weazel News, I don't warrant priority over any other whitelisted member. However if I was connecting to play as Norman and approve a warrant for a major operation about to start then maybe that would be acceptable.

The issues is not being able to differentiate. 

Un-popular opinion but I think the only people that need priority queue are admins, if things needs sorting quickly and to just to maintain order, everyone else as much as it sucks can wait but if every established member gets it, its just going to delay admin response to emergencies, because essentialy what you suggested is most of the server it's going to be a -1 from me.

Personal opinion

if every established member gets it its just going to delay admin response to emergencies
The suggestion isn't to remove queue priority from staff or developers, their level of priority should always be higher than 'normal' players.

My idea was mainly to enable people to carry out their whitelisted roles within a timely manner, which I personally have really struggled with lately, and I feel that this is a less-aggressive approach (than becoming a whitelisted server) towards one of the servers aims of higher-quality roleplay during peak-times. 

My view on this as follows. (I'm aware that I am speaking for a position of priviledge at the moment. These views are mine, not the staff team's)

I feel that queue priority should be earned. It should only be awared to those who consistently provide a brilliant standard of Roleplay/Characters. Those who have distinct character seperation and character growth. Those who when you're in a situation with them, you know it will be fun and engaging.

I can see why people would want whitelisted groups to have priority, however I feel that this would encourage complacency within the community. Yes, there are people who absolutely deserve priority from our whitelisted groups. There are also some in my opinion, who do not. The ability to EARN queue priority, and skip the 50+ man queue, should be handed out to those who have proven their worthiness. This would encourage those whose RP currently has a lot of room for improvement, to better themselves, and to improve their characters and background stories, making it more immersive and enjoyable for everyone who interacts with them.

I feel just giving everyone queue priority becuase they've passed an interview, or because a gang leader took a shine to them when they first joined the city, will only hinder the standard of roleplay available, as people will not look to improve, and will rest on their laurels becuase they have queue priority.

The hard part would be the criteria to gain the priority. I have no doubt in my mind, people would go all out, creating scenarios galore, in order to attain the priority. I feel it should be a constant thing tho. IE If people are seen providing shit RP over a few occasions, they get their priority removed, until such time they improve back to, or beyond, their old standards.

This is purely speculation at this point, but if a priority system is introduced, It is important that only those who deserve it, get it. This would improve the standard of RP above the board, and help the community grow.

Any comments/feedback welcome

After some thought, I don't think it should be handed out to anyone in a gang, or police. I agree with @Nuclear, as I believe staff members and developers should have absolute priority for the work they put in + their ability to solve situations that are needed to get solved. Then maybe the staff members that see outstanding RP can commend the person with the said RP and they can then get a priority in the queue if enough commendations have been given. That way it would: 

improve the standard of RP above the board, and help the community grow.
We all want to have a priority in the queue, so therefore I believe it should be handed out to those who have shown that they go above and beyond with their RP and for those who haven't gotten it, knows that they need to improve, and when they do, they finally get rewarded for their work

So I just made a topic in regards to this totally missing this one, now after reflecting on the discussion above I have to agree with @M

Unfortunately this comes back to not knowing which character people are going to be playing as.

If I'm coming on as Carrie from Weazel News, I don't warrant priority over any other whitelisted member. However if I was connecting to play as Norman and approve a warrant for a major operation about to start then maybe that would be acceptable.

The issues is not being able to differentiate. 
Yes this is an element to it. However, if you are in a position where you provide high-quality roleplay and are nominated for the priority queue, then its not going to harm the server if you connect quicker. You normally main your Norman character, but if you do play Carrie it can be seen as a little reward to log on quicker. 

Obviously you don't want half the server on priority queueing, so it should be nominated people only and have to be backed up by someone with credibility, such as staff/faction lead. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back