What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Racing/ Car Harness

CC

With being able to fly out of cars at high speeds now it got me thinking about potential RP ways of circumventing this. Just a heads up again about this being suggested before, i have only found 1 suggestion over 2 years ago about this same thing but it was declined by Stavik quite fittingly stating "Wear your seat belts!" 😆

So to begin with i just want to add that this suggestion is like a 2 part suggestion that will lower the current speed that you fly out of your car at 120mph (i believe that is the current speed) to 100mph with the main part of the suggestion following and possibilities surrounding it. In essence it's a racing harness that allows you to stop flying out of the car over 100mph. So over 100mph you will begin to fly out of the front of your car when crashing into something, now a harness would prevent this, but not completely. My thoughts are maybe you have a tier system that would increase your ability to go faster without flying out and this would be the following. As such harness' exist in real life i have composed the following. 

- A 4 point harness that stops up to 120mph. Sustaining injuries over 120mph but 'breaking' after 130mph, resulting in you flying out of the window. 
- A 5 point harness that stops up to 140mph. Sustaining injuries over 140mph but 'breaking' after 150mph, resulting in you flying out of the window. 
- A 6 point harness that stops up to 160mph. Sustaining injuries over 160mph but 'breaking' after 170mph, resulting in you flying out of the window. 

Of course these numbers would be heavily refined and the extent of injuries would increase with speed but i'm just throwing out an example. 

Moving on,

With actually getting a hold of the harness(s) themselves this would be something only certain places or groups have access to. For example they could only be crafted and sold by Auto Exotic and TireNutz, or better yet it could be something only racing teams have access to such as Team Midnight and Tokumei due to the racing/ boosting scene growing. I believe this would prevent the ability of anyone grabbing a harness and driving like a maniac by just being able to buy one at your everyday shop around the city (which wouldn't make sense anyways because in real life your local Londis don't stock harness' 😆). To craft them it would take things such as leather, plastic, kevlar etc (actual amounts would be determined by the devs and servers economy/ demand for them possibly) To which they would then be sold by said groups at a fair but higher price so they're again not so easily obtained. It could be seen as a money sink for the economy if implemented that way or it could be something smaller groups could profit from, but thats not for me to decide! 

To end, its something very minor but the weight of harness i think should be like repair kits where they weigh more on your person but less in a vehicle. Say 5 on your person but 2 in a vehicle? i don't know. To add to a point above about them 'breaking' - Maybe they just deplete like armour or they could be repair for half of the materials it takes to craft one? So whenever you take it back to where you can buy one, it's like a fee you pay maybe? The RP possibilities are endless. 

To flip this entire thing on its head, it could simply just be an upgrade on your car that you can purchase when upgrading. This takes away the RP possibilities and it would be a one off thing at a high price but i prefer the first part of the suggestion. 

Overall i want to stress that i don't want to take away from being able to fly out of the car when crashing and the RP that comes with that, although it is quite frustrating for many petty reasons, i just thought a suggestion of a harness would be something many people would like.

Pros: YES 😇
Cons: NO 😅

+1 love it when you go 150 and a car spawns right in front you and you go flying from the car

• Haha
Reactions: CC
+1 really like the idea of harness's for cars, i think with the crim update incoming it would also benefit other people out of the racing scene who are just trying to escape cops for example. i would like to also see that they take time to put on and take off also shouldn't be instant.  

• Love
Reactions: CC
I feel like the ejection from vehicles has been implemented to add a risk to driving at high speeds, adding a racing harness to counteract that would completely defeat the point of it and we would of just been better off not having it changed in the first place. The way it is means their is an equal risk to everyone when driving at high speed and encourages people to think a bit more carefully. -1

I feel like the ejection from vehicles has been implemented to add a risk to driving at high speeds, adding a racing harness to counteract that would completely defeat the point of it and we would of just been better off not having it changed in the first place. The way it is means their is an equal risk to everyone when driving at high speed and encourages people to think a bit more carefully. -1
There will still be a risk if harness' were implemented as mentioned in the suggestion. It doesn't completely negate the possibility of ejection from the vehicle and with them added the 120mph limit that you can go to without being ejected in my opinion should be lowered to say 100mph (example) which creates even more risk and realism. The harness' are just something that would greatly complement the actual racing/ boosting scene that a lot of the people on the server thoroughly enjoy and want to grow. On top of that, the people that decide to not purchase/ craft one and use it then risk the consequences that come with that which would be what everyone has at the moment. 

Back