What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rangers able to recieve Advanced First Aid Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Hastings

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
I saw this suggestion get denied and downvoted quite heavily:

I think there has been a bit of an oversight because Police and Gruppe6 are able to receive advanced first aid training directly from the NHS leads. This is in works to become an exclusive whitelisting whereby the people who recieve this training will be able to revive, the conditions to this are that the NHS have either given permission or aren't around. Any extreme injuries IE been shot by an assault rifle, they must be treated by NHS or at hospital. 

My point is, I think the approach to the above post is a lack of information sharing about how first aid works in practice. If Police and Gruppe6 are allowed access to this exclusive training who are both whitelisted groups, why don't we let the rangers do so to? 

They aren't a job anymore with how it used to work, they are w whitelisted group. I think excluding them from this doesn't make sense when we allow the privilege for both Police and Gruppe6.

I think this should apply to rangers+ not hunters

If anyone isn't sure about how this works in practice please speak to me in Teamspeak and I'll explain it. 

@DIR Phoenix AshesAs the leader of NHS, can I please ask, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see where you're coming from Rekkemmo with the rangers being a whitelisted group like G6 and police but if we also think about the reasons why these groups have the training then I think it makes sense why rangers don't have it. Police and G6 need the training to provide medical care to people that they've injured, particularly as they may've deployed a firearm and therefore need to provide immediate life saving first aid. If you look at another exclusive whitelisted group like LS Courts they're a trusted organisation but don't have the ability to revive people. Rangers and solicitors aren't completely comparable of course but it shows that not all whitelisted groups have this ability.

Basically I think as rangers are not expected to be injuring people as Police of G6 may there is not a reason for them to have any additional abilities to provide medical care, apart from maybe doing RP medical training with the NHS.

I can see where you're coming from Rekkemmo with the rangers being a whitelisted group like G6 and police but if we also think about the reasons why these groups have the training then I think it makes sense why rangers don't have it. Police and G6 need the training to provide medical care to people that they've injured, particularly as they may've deployed a firearm and therefore need to provide immediate life saving first aid. If you look at another exclusive whitelisted group like LS Courts they're a trusted organisation but don't have the ability to revive people. Rangers and solicitors aren't completely comparable of course but it shows that not all whitelisted groups have this ability.

Basically I think as rangers are not expected to be injuring people as Police of G6 may there is not a reason for them to have any additional abilities to provide medical care, apart from maybe doing RP medical training with the NHS.
Ranger goes up the mountain to shoot dire, bullet ricochets and hits someone in the head. Anything can happen

The suggestion you linked was regarding Rangers being able to revive players, which is a privilege only the Police have. Whilst G6 can receive the training, we cannot actually use it in-game (main reason why next to none sign up it).

So I don't quite understand the purpose of this thread. If you're arguing for the Rangers being able to receive the training, then I don't expect anybody would object (it is a fun little RP scenario and can improve your own RP in the long term). This would be for NHS leads to decide though, wouldn't it? Being able to actually utilise that training, i.e. revive players, has already been declined in the linked suggestion.

Honestly, feels like from what is being said on the server right now, the NHS has a major issue with the fact the Rangers have a Fire and Recuse section. Where they go into the mountains "which is the area they patrol to make sure people are safe". Fire prevention " which is not Fire fighting". 

Every year hikers, campers and casual visitors get lost in the hills and wilderness. When they do, its the Fire & Rescue section of the Rangers to play a critical role in the search of these rescue operations, 

They are skilled in emergence training so they can administer first aid if needed. "First aid only, not revive* To keep track of campers and hikers by the use of checkpoints in the fire/wet season months. To close down roads / trails if need be. 

Also combined with Public Education against Forest fires. 

It would be nice if the NHS gave us RP training to make sure the patients are stable until they have been seen, Like a first responder the police have.

I honestly do not know why its an issue. Just another bunch of people who can help the over stretched NHS service if no one is online.

Last edited by a moderator:
To keep it short and simple from me - Rangers should not be able to revive, they should be able to stabilise and hand over, Or rescue and transport. 

RP first aid training is something I would like to see happen so that we can use that to extend our RP,  but as the person heading the rangers I wouldn’t like to see us being able to revive. 

Whilst G6 can receive the training, we cannot actually use it in-game (main reason why next to none sign up it).
I was under the impression that G6 did have the ability like police, I think if there is no reason for other government organisations to have the training then there is no reason for Park Rangers to have it.

Honestly, feels like from what is being said on the server right now, the NHS has a major issue with the fact the Rangers have a Fire and Recuse section. Where they go into the mountains "which is the area they patrol to make sure people are safe". 
Huh? I don’t think any of us have moaned about rangers at all? I said in the other thread about rangers being able to revive that it would take away the role of our Search & Rescue team (which I’m not even a member of so has little to effect on me personally). 

It would be nice if the NHS gave us RP training to make sure the patients are stable until they have been seen, Like a first responder the police have.
This can already be done in roleplay, the only thing your missing is the revive mechanic which as NHS is our only real tool, everything else is just RP too. 

I don’t see any reason why you guys couldn’t have some first aid training to help you with medical RP, but revive mechanic should be left for NHS otherwise we’d be totally out of a job. 

I mean you already have an ex hospital lead member as part of your team now, who doesn’t forget his countless hours of training and experience just because he can’t clock on anymore, right @Benji Evans😉 so you could do internal trainings already to provide deeper roleplay opportunities. (Assuming he doesn’t DNR the cunts first) 

Huh? I don’t think any of us have moaned about rangers at all? I said in the other thread about rangers being able to revive that it would take away the role of our Search & Rescue team (which I’m not even a member of so has little to effect on me personally). 
There are these rumours going about that the NHS don't agree with us having divisions like Shoreline/Fire Prevention. I believe @Astridhas tried to reach out to NHS Command to go over these to little response (I am not Astrid so I cannot confirm or deny if NHS Command has reached out to her regarding this before you come at me below)

I don’t see any reason why you guys couldn’t have some first aid training to help you with medical RP, but revive mechanic should be left for NHS otherwise we’d be totally out of a job. 
Completely understandable. From what I know having discussions with SARP Command, We are not actively looking to obtain the mechanic to revive folk. However, I can see why this suggestion has been made given that the NHS have limited numbers on duty and in most cases the NHS Staff that are on duty are ECAs with no certification to collect a person from Mount Chilliad. Once again to emphasise, The San Andreas Royal Park Rangers are not the folk requesting this, nor are we looking to replace the NHS because that is absurd.

I mean you already have an ex hospital lead member as part of your team now, who doesn’t forget his countless hours of training and experience just because he can’t clock on anymore, right @Benji Evans😉 so you could do internal trainings already to provide deeper roleplay opportunities. (Assuming he doesn’t DNR the cunts first) 
I would be happy to do something like this with rangers given that outside of the NHS, I still use my medical knowledge to give medical care to some crims in the city who have called me to come to locations to help keep their friend stable during a trip to hospital.

I have spoken with Astrid about Rangers receiving medical training about 5-6 weeks ago. It was agreed once rangers are settled into the server that we would offer our first aid training course to rangers that would be interested in joining. However it would fall the same as with G6. This would be to help you gain some medical knowledge, it would not be for revive purposes.

We also discussed that we would need to have a meeting in the future to discuss how our Search & Rescue unit would work/interact with active rangers so that we could best help everyone.

So I would suggest keeping your eye's peeled for announcements in the future.

Rejected - As per Phoenix response above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back